• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Phillips???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex eagle. Does anyone know anything about him?? Supposedly a LB that is working out today. I have to admit I understand not going to get Samuel or any other decent CB thats a FA just yet, but we have coverage issues with our LBs. Holleman might have been that guy.. Why is there no interest in Kevin Burnett? Money issue????

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told everyone we should have drafted telvin smith. Meanwhile hitchens is awesome if you listen to jerrah. Maybe matt johnson can play lb? I bet wilcox could

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told everyone we should have drafted telvin smith. Meanwhile hitchens is awesome if you listen to jerrah. Maybe matt johnson can play lb? I bet wilcox could

instead of who?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect Matt Johnson and I to have the same amount of tackles again this year. I'm not sure it matters what position he is listed at. That being said, no even if he ever got healthy he couldn't play LB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather have Hitchens than Smith, he's a twirp. Johnson can't stay on the field at safety, how's he gonna play linebacker at 215? To me, the best defender on the board when the Cowboys picked in the first round was CJ Mosley, but it's pretty difficult to blame the Cowboys for not taking an MLB when they didn't know Lee was gonna get hurt a few weeks later

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex eagle. Does anyone know anything about him?? Supposedly a LB that is working out today. I have to admit I understand not going to get Samuel or any other decent CB thats a FA just yet, but we have coverage issues with our LBs. Holleman might have been that guy.. Why is there no interest in Kevin Burnett? Money issue????

Only thing I know is he was an injured player who was cut by another team after not doin shit. We gonna suck this year on the D guys.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I know is he was an injured player who was cut by another team after not doin shit. We gonna suck this year on the D guys.

Yes the D will more than likely be bad, but I don't think it will be as bad as last year. Eliminating injuries makes this D better and I can't see us going though that many injuries again.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the D will more than likely be bad, but I don't think it will be as bad as last year. Eliminating injuries makes this D better and I can't see us going though that many injuries again.

Injuries aside, I haven't seen a change in D coaches, D philosophy or D players other than some of the best heading out to greener pastures.

I for one, think it will be much worse. IMHO. *after almost 40 years of following the Cowboys...

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, pretty much the same porous Dallas D.

For the offense to win games, the D needs to make good plays, and stops.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the D sucks, or if they are poorly coached, or just have no concept of the rules...(poorly coached)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone in that will be playing this year?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, we don't seem to be eliminating injuries and second off our D is gonna be worse than last year. Holy Hell that game last night stunk to high heaven.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, we don't seem to be eliminating injuries and second off our D is gonna be worse than last year. Holy Hell that game last night stunk to high heaven.

It's crazy with the continuing injury problem. There comes a point where you need to accept it is not a coincidence and do something to try to change it. But, even with that, we will not be worse than last year. The guys you saw playing at the end of the game last night were the quality of our starters at some spots for the second half of last year, especially on the DL. this year they will be cut.

If and this is of course a big if, guys like Lawrence and Spencer can get healthy and give us a pass rush and we don't have any other big injuries we can be OK, not good, but OK. When Mo doesn't start in a preseason game or McClain it does have an effect. You can say Mo hasn't been good and that McClain is only a starter because our DL is weak, but they are both starters or at least major contributors for this team. So it puts other guys in against the ones and then moves every else up too. So even in a preseason game it has an impact.

I think it is good news that Spencer may start the season on the active roster because this team needs a pass rush badly and this means he may be closer to playing than i thought. It is so easily our biggest need and will make the rest of the defense struggle if we don't get it. If we can get a pass rush and get our top 3 CBs on the field it will allow Church to play a little more like an in the box safety and hopefully Wilcox can be what we hope he is. With the Holloman injury I am more concerned with the LBs than I was before. I worry that Durant won a starting job more because no one was any good than because he actually played well. I don't see him as a fit on the weak side in this defense at all. McClain seems like he won't be ready physically or mentally for the start of the year. Carter has for the most part been a huge disappointment. Hitchens is too inexperienced. Wilbur is OK, but certainly a liability in coverage in a Tampa 2. I think we need to find a LB to be on the 53 man at cut down day and am pretty sure there will be at least one LB on the final roster that currently isn't on the team. Keep your eye on Victor Butler as a possible NO cut and Cowboy pick up.

Last edited by a moderator: