• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

james ihedigbo

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offer from Detroit before was 2 years 3.5 million (not sure what his actual contract is). If Baltimore is willing to let him walk for that little amount of money -- I'm guessing they aren't expecting to see a year like 2013.

You never know though. Character, health and knowledge of the new defensive system is an upgrade for Detroit. Talent wise -- There is a reason why he was a FA and Baltimore let him walk, while Delmas was signed by Miami right away. It isn't because Ihedbigo is an upgrade.

My understanding is that Baltimore was willing to let him walk because they want to shift Matt Elam back to his natural position of strong safety. He played well as the free safety next to 'Digs last season, but they think his value is higher playing closer to the line of scrimmage.

There's more than just $$ to them not re-signing him...

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offer from Detroit before was 2 years 3.5 million (not sure what his actual contract is). If Baltimore is willing to let him walk for that little amount of money -- I'm guessing they aren't expecting to see a year like 2013.

You never know though. Character, health and knowledge of the new defensive system is an upgrade for Detroit. Talent wise -- There is a reason why he was a FA and Baltimore let him walk, while Delmas was signed by Miami right away. It isn't because Ihedbigo is an upgrade.

I'm still at a loss as to why Miami let Clemons walk and replaced him with Delmas? That's a pretty obvious down-grade, imo.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that Baltimore was willing to let him walk because they want to shift Matt Elam back to his natural position of strong safety. He played well as the free safety next to 'Digs last season, but they think his value is higher playing closer to the line of scrimmage.

It may not have even been Baltimore let him walk. Many accounts said Baltimore wanted to bring him back. Sometimes players walk whether team wants him to or not.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same thing TP.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read the statement from Harbaugh regarding Ihedbigo in the paper today. He spoke highly of Ihedbigo, but it basically came down to money. They said Elam can play both Free and Strong safety, and with the Ravens signing Darian Stewart -- if he is named the starter, Elam could wind up as the Free Safety again.

Here is the exact quote:

“It’s just this whole free agent process,” Harbaugh said. “There’s such a cycle there and he didn’t fit us financially like we wanted him to. It’s not just now, it’s when you look down the road and structure your salary cap and see who you are going to be able to hold on to and who you can’t.

“We went with a younger guy who was a little less expensive and who fits us.”

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Mayhew is ready to draft defense.

Dude spent 40+ million on offense and 3.5 million on defense lol

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Mayhew is ready to draft defense.

Dude spent 40+ million on offense and 3.5 million on defense lol

He is, hes going to draft defense early and often. I see him landing a WR sometime after round 3 (maybe with that extra fourth round pick) and an offensive lineman. The rest of the draft will be defense and maybe a kicker in the late rounds.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, hes going to draft defense early and often. I see him landing a WR sometime after round 3 (maybe with that extra fourth round pick) and an offensive lineman. The rest of the draft will be defense and maybe a kicker in the late rounds.

A WR could come any round. We may even pick up 2. An O lineman or two especially late is a very real possibility. So is a late round QB. I dont think we need it, but I could see mayhew pick up a TE. Regarding early rounds WR and OL are options the Lions could be looking at.