• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamar Johnson Appreciation Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my dislike for Lock has more to do with some of his fans than actually him. The idea of suggesting that Lock was struggling or not looking like a great QB brought the wrath of his followers. How dare I make such a suggestion when he is going to be the next coming of John Elway himself. The idea of having a civil conversation about Drew Lock went out the window in a hurry. Honestly it is what kind of pushed me away from most social media interactions about the Broncos. I apologize for being gone the last couple of years, but just was done with the idea of talking about the Broncos. Thankfully that is not the case anymore.

So more just hated that they took the fun out of following the Broncos for me.

I get this. The people that thought Vic was a moron for starting Teddy over him. Frustrated me too.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season 7 GIF by Workaholics
And this is what I thought...

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this. The people that thought Vic was a moron for starting Teddy over him. Frustrated me too.
I thought Vic was moronic after his first bad clock management. I'd get so irritated with him costing us games. As for starting Teddy over Drew it made sense from his perspective; Check down Teddy was safe. Lock was and always will be a gunslinger, and I liked his mentality far more than Teddy's on the field - leadership or locker room preferences aside.

I still think Drew could be a much better qb than Teddy was/is. Another frustration I have with him with his inability to showcase that.

A lot of people seem to forget that Drew was a second round pick; too much pressure to win or produce so early for a guy who probably shouldn't have started his first couple of years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It went beyond the Vic decision. He would have a bad game and boom "it's not Lock's fault he struggled." I get that Shurmur was not the best OC, but there were still plenty of plays that Lock missed wide open receivers. He struggled with his pre-snap reads just like we saw in this last Seahawks preseason game. He didn't see the blitz coming and should have hit his hot route.

The fact that Lock had no responsibility for bad play is where I drew the line and got tired of things.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Vic was moronic after his first bad clock management. I'd get so irritated with him costing us games. As for starting Teddy over Drew it made sense from his perspective; Check down Teddy was safe. Lock was and always will be a gunslinger, and I liked his mentality far more than Teddy's on the field - leadership or locker room preferences aside.

I still think Drew could be a much better qb than Teddy was/is. Another frustration I have with him with his inability to showcase that.

A lot of people seem to forget that Drew was a second round pick; too much pressure to win or produce so early for a guy who probably shouldn't have started his first couple of years.
Without being privy to the nuance that actually goes into setting a roster, it’s hard to be critical of decisions. But at this time last year I wanted Lock to get the call as QB1. I wanted it because Lock’s first few seasons had been skewed with significant distractions. Revolving door coaching staff, Covid etc. Plus I felt his ceiling was higher than Teddy’s. I just wanted to see if the growth was there or not.

Ultimately, it seems, Vic instead chose to save his coaching career. Bad year all around. With a fresh start in Seattle maybe I’ll still get to see what the kid has under the hood.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went beyond the Vic decision. He would have a bad game and boom "it's not Lock's fault he struggled." I get that Shurmur was not the best OC, but there were still plenty of plays that Lock missed wide open receivers. He struggled with his pre-snap reads just like we saw in this last Seahawks preseason game. He didn't see the blitz coming and should have hit his hot route.

The fact that Lock had no responsibility for bad play is where I drew the line and got tired of things.

Right but fans wanted to blame Vic for everything.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but fans wanted to blame Vic for everything.
He was to blame more often than not for the things that went wrong with the team last year. And his attitude was crap.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was to blame more often than not for the things that went wrong with the team last year. And his attitude was crap.

I mean I get that but Vic was pretty much the reason why the grumpy old man's toilet was plugged last year. He was to blame for EVERYTHING.

(and no I am not talking about SpringStein or Mingo's toilet)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time clock management was beyond stupid and was the most frustrating to me. happy to say Hackett did very well with cloxck management in the first half of the game with the Cowboys. Sanity restored.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Haha
Reactions: LGM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time clock management was beyond stupid and was the most frustrating to me. happy to say Hackett did very well with cloxck management in the first half of the game with the Cowboys. Sanity restored.

I think it was hard for players of today to relate to Vic's style.

His little BOOM in the locker room was cute. I think players appreciate the effort but it wasn't who Vic was. I am sure players got a kick out of that. Vic was trying to be something he wasn't with his post game stuff. He just looked uncomfortable doing that stuff to me.

Hackett loves being goofy.

I think they respected his knowledge and his ability to build the defense but I don't think players ever really bought in. You need a coach who players will run through a brick wall for and Vic just didn't strike me as a guy players would run through a brick wall for. Biggest fear with him leaving was losing a good defense but once we hired Evero I am very confident he will do well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was hard for players of today to relate to Vic's style.

His little BOOM in the locker room was cute. I think players appreciate the effort but it wasn't who Vic was. I am sure players got a kick out of that. Vic was trying to be something he wasn't with his post game stuff. He just looked uncomfortable doing that stuff to me.

Hackett loves being goofy.

I think they respected his knowledge and his ability to build the defense but I don't think players ever really bought in. You need a coach who players will run through a brick wall for and Vic just didn't strike me as a guy players would run through a brick wall for. Biggest fear with him leaving was losing a good defense but once we hired Evero I am very confident he will do well.
All that is correct, but not on point for my post. He had no idea how to manage time on the field at the ending of each half.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that is correct, but not on point for my post. He had no idea how to manage time on the field at the ending of each half.
I wasn’t responding to your post silly. I was sharing my Vic thoughts.

Yes, time management was an issue for Vic.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t responding to your post silly. I was sharing my Vic thoughts.

Yes, time management was an issue for Vic.
You don't think it is confusing to quote my post and not respond to it?

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'm willing to just snap my fingers and state your sanity is restored, but I get your point.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'm willing to just snap my fingers and state your sanity is restored, but I get your point.
We are agreed on both points.