• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Ramsey being traded to the Rams

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaguely....lol.

Sure, I know about NE and the stacked defensive backfield got a ring there largely because SEA failed to use their best player on the goal line....but he got the ring nonetheless.

What did the Jets win with a Revis for nearly a decade? TB?

No question you need good CBs, but you need more than just one great CB. Just to be clear, the problem is not Ramsey, the problem is the cost for them to acquire Ramsey. The draft picks, and the cap heavy contract that's coming makes you think the Rams are a CB away from winning the SB.

If that happens, you can look at this trade and say yes it was worth it.

Jets had a sick defense and Revis was huge. They got pretty far in the AFC west until Sanchez couldn’t get it done.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, take away Talib and Peters and add Ramsey. If their #3 and 4 corners previously were almost as good as talib and peters, then their secondary should be improved today.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams have seriously shortened their runway for excellence with this move. Tough to compliment an expensive core with good young players when you don't have any high draft picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams have seriously shortened their runway for excellence with this move. Tough to compliment an expensive core with good young players when you don't have any high draft picks.

It's not like they don't have any, they just don't have two firsts. A sure-fire starting CB is typically a first rounder. There was only 1 CB drafted in the first round in 2019, and he went 30th. Have any of them made a mark yet this year? To get a player of Ramsey's level, they paid another 1st+. They were going to lose Peters this winter anyway, as he's not worth the big money contract he's going to want.

As of right now, the Rams have $21M+ in cap space for next season remaining. Brockers and Fowler are their top 2 FAs in 2020 (Whitworth is likely retiring and Talib I don't expect to return). Fowler could be a casualty.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Chicago pay too much for Mack?
Maybe. It's a little too early to tell. Certainly helped them last year, but this year and the future might prove otherwise.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't hate the move because Ramsey is an all pro talent and still young. So you have a shutdown DB for years to come.

I don't love it either because of the cost. The Rams haven't had a 1st rounder since they took Goff and now you just gave up another 2 and a 4th rounder along with the fact you have to pay him top CB money. So you're tying up a lot of cap space with a few players which on it's own would be fine but you've traded away the draft assets you need to replenish and fill out the roster.

The offensive line is one of the worst in football and you just traded away valuable picks that could've been used to bolster and fix that offensive line and strengthen other areas of the roster.

I would've liked the trade a lot more if they didn't already give up picks in previous years to other players and the overall roster was stronger.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foolish, desperate move, and I love it as a Hawks fan. Blow all that draft capital to bring in a guy who's not so much better than the guy you already had (but traded away) that it's going to save your season, and you're risking the long term future to do it? Insane. And awesome.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foolish, desperate move, and I love it as a Hawks fan. Blow all that draft capital to bring in a guy who's not so much better than the guy you already had (but traded away) that it's going to save your season, and you're risking the long term future to do it? Insane. And awesome.

That's just completely inaccurate. They're looking beyond this season. Peters is flash over substance and gone this winter (Talib will likely also be gone, but because he's old and declining). Ramsey is possibly the best CB in the league today. Peters is a gambler that got burned repeatedly last year. He's been better this year, but again that free agency was looming and he would not be worth the salary he was going to demand.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets had a sick defense and Revis was huge. They got pretty far in the AFC west until Sanchez couldn’t get it done.

Yes, Rex Ryan had a helluva DEF...but those teams didn't win anything noteworthy....back to back AFCCG losses (17-30 to IND and 19-24 to PIT) was all they have to show for it.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like they don't have any, they just don't have two firsts. A sure-fire starting CB is typically a first rounder. There was only 1 CB drafted in the first round in 2019, and he went 30th. Have any of them made a mark yet this year? To get a player of Ramsey's level, they paid another 1st+. They were going to lose Peters this winter anyway, as he's not worth the big money contract he's going to want.

As of right now, the Rams have $21M+ in cap space for next season remaining. Brockers and Fowler are their top 2 FAs in 2020 (Whitworth is likely retiring and Talib I don't expect to return). Fowler could be a casualty.
perhaps your right, but I would imagine Ramsey will demand a new contract this offseason that will make him the highest paid in the league.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Rex Ryan had a helluva DEF...but those teams didn't win anything noteworthy....back to back AFCCG losses (17-30 to IND and 19-24 to PIT) was all they have to show for it.

Because the offense was garbage.

I get it. We gave up a lot. But we also got a lot and need the offense to put up or shut up. We still have 10 weeks left

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it. We gave up a lot. But we also got a lot and need the offense to put up or shut up. We still have 10 weeks left

You got a good CB with a bad back who can't play and traded a decent CB with a good back who can....

Thats going turn this thing around this season?

mkay

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey said he was frustrated in Jax and wanted to be traded to a winner. So he goes from the 3rd place 2-4 Jags to the 3rd place 3-3 rams? :scratch:
:scratch: The season is only 6 games completed. Do you think that the Rams will have a better record than the Jags this season? The Rams are already a proven winner. Would you have rather Ramsey go to K.C. or Eagles?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, no push back on the Jets OFC, but there have been SB winners with less OFC than what they had...The Bucs and Ravens both bagged a Lombardi with not much more on OFC.

Hey...I would be both pleased and concerned at the same time if I were a Rams fan. At the end of the day, the Rams will look back on this trade and say we went all in for ______________...all you can hope for as a fan is a SB win.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: The season is only 6 games completed. Do you think that the Rams will have a better record than the Jags this season? The Rams are already a proven winner. Would you have rather Ramsey go to K.C. or Eagles?

I think the rams will have a tough time winning that division.

I’m ecstatic Ramsey didn’t go to the chiefs

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ramsey’s “back injury” will be healed by Sunday?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rams will have a tough time winning that division.

I’m ecstatic Ramsey didn’t go to the chiefs
Yeah I agree the Rams will have a hard time winning the NFC West. IMO, the Hawks will win that division, especially now that they have beaten the Rams once.