• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jahri Evans signed

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks add ten year vet RG Jahri Evans. Evans has had six pro owl selections and four all pro selections in his career. You have to love such a quality veteran to join a very youthful line

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice addition to the OL. It sure is a mystery who will be starting where when the regular season starts. Sounds like Cable is down on Webb and a reshuffle may be in the works.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am paranoid but I feel that they are making this move because they are not confident in what they have on the OL at some point in the OTAs and Training camp that none of our OL guys like Growinski or Poole or whomever is ready to be a starter so they are bringing in Evans to see what he can do. The bright side is that he was cut from the saints because of pay and not injury so this isnt a bad signing

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am paranoid but I feel that they are making this move because they are not confident in what they have on the OL at some point in the OTAs and Training camp that none of our OL guys like Growinski or Poole or whomever is ready to be a starter so they are bringing in Evans to see what he can do. The bright side is that he was cut from the saints because of pay and not injury so this isnt a bad signing

While I doubt that they're absolutely excited with the online right now, bringing in talent and competition is just their philosophy. Even if they were thrilled with the current oline, they would make this move if the money was right.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I doubt that they're absolutely excited with the online right now, bringing in talent and competition is just their philosophy. Even if they were thrilled with the current oline, they would make this move if the money was right.

well thats my thing they are about competition but they could probably have made this move a long time ago it wasnt until after OTAs and Training camp that they did it which seems to me like they were completely confident in what they had

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats my thing they are about competition but they could probably have made this move a long time ago it wasnt until after OTAs and Training camp that they did it which seems to me like they were completely confident in what they had

I get what you're saying. But 31 other teams passed on Evans to this point too.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that they moved Gilliam back to Right tackle for part of practice and have been doing some MASSIVE shuffling at both tackles and guard spots means there is issues. You do not do that unless things are well "not good or right". At least Britt seems to have stuck at Center, Everyone else is all over the place. Hey Cable, Door is over that way.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that they moved Gilliam back to Right tackle for part of practice and have been doing some MASSIVE shuffling at both tackles and guard spots means there is issues. You do not do that unless things are well "not good or right". At least Britt seems to have stuck at Center, Everyone else is all over the place. Hey Cable, Door is over that way.

exactly, I am sure we all know that this is a BRAND NEW offensive line. our RT is suppose to be our LT our RG is now our C, our RG is a rookie and our LG and RT is up in the air. Not to mention we have our starting RB coming off of injury that may or may not make the opening day game alongside our starting TE with the same issue this offense is a mess.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the important thing is for the Seahawks to decide what makes the best lineup by the end of preseason. Obviously some trial and error needs to happen to figure this out, so not going to worry about the shuffling on OL until the season starts. No surprise to me that Webb has disappointed at RT, that signing was a reach.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya the OL is going to be another disaster all year long, another year competing for worst OL in the league. and people STILL have faith in cable.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all worried about the OL. It's a total do over season for the OL. Which is going to be for the best in the long run, but going to be rough starting out, but think there is way more upside with this group then last year. Figuring out RT is going to the key, seems like several players can hold down the guard positions, and think Gilliam will be OK at LT, center is another ? mark, but feel that position will at least be as good as last year and hopefully better. I'm going to keep a open mind about the OL until we see what and who they settle on.
On the bright side starting at home helps and all the other units look good, so hoping the Seahawks can make it thru the breaking in period of the OL with minimal damage.:hope:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 time pro bowler means the guy knows what he's doing out there... Definitely a good thing for a vet to help coach up the young guy's out there...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

I give the Cable haters marks for consistency.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 time pro bowler means the guy knows what he's doing out there... Definitely a good thing for a vet to help coach up the young guy's out there...

I agree, this is a solid move lets just hope he pans out. If he is as good as Sweezy which he should be then it's a great move but Cable has his hands on this guy now and i don't expect any where close to Probowl play from him this year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, this is a solid move lets just hope he pans out. If he is as good as Sweezy which he should be then it's a great move but Cable has his hands on this guy now and i don't expect any where close to Probowl play from him this year.

I like Cable, I think he's had our line playing good football when it counts, despite our line really not having much talent to brag about.... I was impressed with how our O-line ended last year considering how things started out..

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew coming in that this offensive line was going to be a work in progress, or at least I thought we did. Honestly, I'm glad that they're shuffling things up and adding pieces in early August rather than midseason. They still have time to get the right mix of guys in there and let them gel as a unit before the season starts. Obviously I would prefer it if the offensive line wasn't a question mark every year, but it's been one for about 10 years now. We don't have to accept it, but at this point we should at least expect it.

As for Cable... refer to my comment about the line being a question mark for about a decade now. It was a mess long before Cable got here and he's arguably had less to work with on a yearly basis than the guy who came before him did. I'm not going to panic or assume that the line is going to be terrible again just because they're doing some shuffling on August 6th/7th. I'm gonna let Cable work out the kinks and figure out who fits best and where for now.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we added a veteran presence. Wish it was Evans 3-4 years ago, but we'll settle for this given our dire situation at the offensive line.

Honestly, all we need to be is just average and Russ will take care of things.

I'm real optimistic about this upcoming year fellas. I see Russ elevating himself to top 2-3 QB right there with Rodgers. He has the weapons and now he has the confidence both from himself and the coaching staff.

Plus he's finally getting some goodies from Ciara at home. That always eases a man's stress haha.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

I give the Cable haters marks for consistency.
and a complete lack of understanding the game.

Sorry.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bastards just did it again!!! Hell of a signing!!! :suds: A solid Vet who can still do the job is NEVER a bad addition...