• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaguars fire Gus Bradly

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 14-48 record will do that.....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fortunate to have lasted that long... Too bad it ended up this way for him... Definitely needed to be done though... Does this leave room for Tom Coughlin to come back to where he started? He's itching to return...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first couple of years I can understand losing with a team in complete rebuild, but this year they were suppose to take that next step but the QB horribly regressed and the D is awful. Someone will scoop him up as a D-Coordinator, maybe.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think when you look at that team is they are over rated. They are not as talented as people thought.
The Defense only gives up the 5th most yards per game, 4th in passing against but they tend to give up lots of points because of their offense's total lack of drive production = points and the defenses lack of creating turnovers. That defense is always put into bad situations. They are Minus 17 in turnovers for a reason.

Now i wouldn't mind him coming back as the Hawks DC and bring that 15.3 PPG defense the hawks had when he was the DC in 2012 lol. Thing is only if he blitz's more because the sack numbers were not to my liking and the turnovers will come from added pressure.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a closet Jags fan and A Seahawks fan

1271.gif

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be dirty to bring him back as our defensive coordinator

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if someone plucks Kris away, but not sure that'll happen. Remember, we brought Quinn back after he left for Florida so it's not out of the question. If theres an opening at D-Coordinator I think he tops the list.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard this discussed in a couple different venues. I personally feel it would be a mistake -- not because Gus isn't a good coach, but because of the message it sends to players and coaches. You have Kris Richard who is a young, hungry up and coming guy who paid his dues in your organization as the DB coach...did a great job there and then got the promotion to DC and in his 2nd year it looks like he's got a good chance to have the #1 scoring defense again. You bring Bradley in back to his old job, and what's that mean for the younger coach you've groomed into the job? You can't put him back down to a position coach. You would either have to give him some sort of on-paper promotion that wouldn't really mean anything or send him packing. The whole thing doesn't make sense. Certainly the situation changes a bit if Richard gets plucked for a HC job, but I think he's at least another season or 2 away from that (he's a great Rooney Rule option for any team though). Just my opinion, of course.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise...I thought Jacksonville was really going to take a step forward this year and maybe even make a run at the division. I don't know what the hell happened to them, their offensive in particular, but they are putrid. It's too bad, but Bradley will probably catch back on with someone as a coordinator.

Meh, they were good under Bradley, but I remember their third and long defense being pretty shoddy when he was here. He was also calling the plays in the Atlanta playoff game where the Seahawks gave up a ton of yards with 30 seconds left and lost. Seattle's best defenses came under Quinn's watch. I don't think that Bradley is really any kind of significant upgrade over Richard. JMO