• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jags at Bengals

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early. A couple of meaningless wins in the last month of the season and the draft order changes completely.
Sorry ... Don't see them beating anyone else. We suck... So, so much

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You would think so but those 3-13 teams from the 90’s were notorious for winning a couple of those games at the very end of the season. Which usually meant Mikey would dig in and point to that as the team coming together which allowed him to sit on his hands and conduct business as usual.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

True but 4 of the losses have been in one score games. Maybe AJ Green comes back and they win a couple of those close games.

The Redskins only win this year was a one pt game against Miami. There are other bad teams.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are Cincinnati sports fans. we can take the disappointment... I mean, it's good practice for being in prison, if you ever get accused of a crime you didn't commit. or some other very disappointing lifestyle.

The Jags need some positivity in their lives. good for them.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prescott, Wilson, Cousin were all picked in the mid rds. The odds are against Finley developing into a starting QB but it's worth seeing what he can do unless hes terrible in practice

I guess my concern for him is that he has basically no chance at success. The Bengals are historically bad at running the football. Maybe a more mobile qb wouldn't be a sitting duck, but I don't think Finley is a guy that is going to win it on his feet. It just seems to me that he's bound to look terrible and it's probably not fair to judge him on it.

Then again, I guess you can put him in and if he somehow looks good, you must really have something.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early. A couple of meaningless wins in the last month of the season and the draft order changes completely.

It sounds like you've lived through more than a few Bengals seasons.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess my concern for him is that he has basically no chance at success. The Bengals are historically bad at running the football. Maybe a more mobile qb wouldn't be a sitting duck, but I don't think Finley is a guy that is going to win it on his feet. It just seems to me that he's bound to look terrible and it's probably not fair to judge him on it.

Then again, I guess you can put him in and if he somehow looks good, you must really have something.

I agree it's not the ideal situation to evaluate a QB but it's better than nothing. Maybe they pick a soft part of the schedule to start him?

Early 4th rd QBs usually don't turn out to be quality starters but that's too early of a spot to pick him if they thought it couldn't happen.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's not the ideal situation to evaluate a QB but it's better than nothing. Maybe they pick a soft part of the schedule to start him?

Early 4th rd QBs usually don't turn out to be quality starters but that's too early of a spot to pick him if they thought it couldn't happen.
I agree. Gotta see what you have. Although it doesn't matter much since they will be picking a QB in the top 3 picks.

It's going to be quite a race to finish worst this year.
Bengals - 0-7
Dolphins 0-6
Falcons - 1-6
Redskins - 1-6
Jets - 1-4

If the Falcons can keep losing, they stand to be the big winner of next years draft. They don't need a QB, so they can get a haul for moving down a couple spots and still get an impact player.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need to rebuild that Oline and work on our LB's and DB's.

We need to jettison Dalton so we have some money to work on those positions in FA.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need to rebuild that Oline and work on our LB's and DB's.

We need to jettison Dalton so we have some money to work on those positions in FA.

And some more D-line and pass rushers.
And a dependable deep threat as a receiver.
And a tight end that is involved in the passing game.

Aside from all of those positions and franchise qb, I think we're set.