• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jackson and defense

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rookie coach Mark Jackson preaches change to hopeful Warriors - Phil Taylor - SI.com

"If you're not getting it done defensively, I'm still gonna love you, but I'm not gonna play you," he said. "I'm going to look for somebody who can get the job done."

I cannot wait to see if he actually does bench Curry or _avi_ the first time either lets a defender run past him with no attempt to stop the guy.

I seriously hope he means what he says.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie coach Mark Jackson preaches change to hopeful Warriors - Phil Taylor - SI.com

"If you're not getting it done defensively, I'm still gonna love you, but I'm not gonna play you," he said. "I'm going to look for somebody who can get the job done."

I cannot wait to see if he actually does bench Curry or _avi_ the first time either lets a defender run past him with no attempt to stop the guy.

I seriously hope he means what he says.

I think he does. He strikes me as a guy that takes his job very seriously. He has some great assistants that will break down film and come up with quality game plans. Jackson will make his check being the general. :yell: I think he will be the best type of combination of player's coach and authoritarian. Hopefully, a decent season doesn't lead to all of his assistants jumping ship for better jobs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all talk until we see it in action. I like what I'm hearing so far and even Jackson calling out the defense in the preseason game. I'd say this year it's going to be really hard to judge if anything has changed until really midway through the season. With no off season to implement the plans, I have a feeling that we won't see a ton of progress.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota ranked ahead of The Warriors in the Espn pre-season rankings. Ugh.

Hopefully we'll see some good defense, win or lose, on Sunday. Dream result: The Ws somehow get a win and eliminate some of the Clipper hype.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all talk until we see it in action. I like what I'm hearing so far and even Jackson calling out the defense in the preseason game. I'd say this year it's going to be really hard to judge if anything has changed until really midway through the season. With no off season to implement the plans, I have a feeling that we won't see a ton of progress.

It appears your feeling was right. The W's upcoming opponents lead me to believe it ain't gonna get better any time quick.

Next three games: Home against Chicago, New York, and Philly.

Then on the road against Phoenix, San Antonio, and The Lakers.

Then home against Utah, Miami, and Orlando.

How many of these games will they win before heading on the road again? I imagine Vegas would predict two. Let's hope for a better performance tonight against a tough Bulls team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was progress. Your problem was it was only for the first 3 quarters. I thought GSW actually played pretty well in the first half. Surprisingly, I thought the team struggled more on offense.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was progress. Your problem was it was only for the first 3 quarters. I thought GSW actually played pretty well in the first half. Surprisingly, I thought the team struggled more on offense.

+1. All correct. The only positives of the Christmas game were those 3 quarters that you mentioned and the fact that Steph and Monta will never have that bad of an offensive showing on the same night ever again.