• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jack Z got a 1-year extension?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some media outlets reported it, but Chuckie refuses to make an official announcement.

Nada on Wedge yet, whose contract is up at the end of the season as well.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes zero sense, either give him a real extension or move on. A 1 year deal leads to guys thinking about their job over making the future of the franchise better, as we saw at the deadline where the team's future did not the slightest bit of glimmer nor did the big club get better.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the extension but why not for at least 2 years? It just doesn't make sense. I could care less if Wedge comes back. He's better than Waka but if Angels dump Mike or Twins dump Ron we need to jump on that. It's just with only a 1yr extension we get to have Z worry about keeping his job again.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind a 1 year extension shows they do not have faith in Jack Z long term. If they truly believed he was the guy he would have been extended probably last offseason. A 1 year extension tells me they are possibly just buying to find a replacement for him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind a 1 year extension shows they do not have faith in Jack Z long term. If they truly believed he was the guy he would have been extended probably last offseason. A 1 year extension tells me they are possibly just buying to find a replacement for him.

I actually think the 1 year extension shows that they WANT to have faith in him to put an actual winning team on the field. Jack Z has built a pretty solid farm system but hasn't been able to put a very good product on the field at the Major league level. This is an important upcoming off season for the Mariners.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly what saved him was miller and franklin coming out this year and playing well if it wasnt for that he would have been so gone