• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J Anderson a Bear 1 yr deal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson is a physical clone of Peppers. He played well last year, when moved inside. Not a bad move, good depth, fresh body to rotate.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... no

Hey Joe.
Physical clone of Peppers, maybe.
But that is where any similarity to Pep comes to a screeching halt.
His production at DE was dismal for the Falcons after being selected 8th overall in '07.

From Wikipedia;

"Anderson was drafted with the 8th overall pick by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2007 NFL Draft. Anderson earned the position of Falcons' starting right defensive end during training camp and started 15 regular season games. He finished the 2007 season with 30 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 3 pass defenses, and 0 quarterback sacks.
Anderson recorded his first sack against Chicago Bears quarterback Kyle Orton on October 12, 2008. He finished the 2008 season with 27 tackles, and two sacks. He moved to defensive tackle after a few games in 2009 due to injuries to the Falcons defensive line and his struggles at end.
On July 29, 2011, he was released by Atlanta.[1]"

He got picked up by Indy and played as a rotational DT with them for a year, and did BETTER, but not great. He has been better stopping the run than rushing the passer.
Serviceable as a rotation tackle might be his only redeeming value. I think DA BEARS are looking at that as his role for us, -to maintain a little depth on the D-line after Ellis announced his retirement today.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what is with the font-size in that post?
Can we edit our posts here?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what is with the font-size in that post?
Can we edit our posts here?
Yeah, but you have to do it soon after posting. The edit button goes away , I think when you move on to another post.
I think Ellis & and Anderson are the same guy. Their stats were pretty close. Neither is going to worry the opposition. Just another body for the rotation.

Rocinante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson doesn't even make the team. I could see the Bears picking up a good DT when the final cuts start happening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you here Raptor. You get 5 minutes to edit, then it is final. I like the Anderson pick up. Good rotational guy. Not a big pick up but we needed him for depth and he can play inside or out. Ever team needs role players. If he makes the team.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the weak depth we have on our team in the defensive line rotation he could be a big body who plugs up holes. If he makes the team and gets playing time dont expect much production out of him, just there to use that big body.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Izzy go looks like a pretty big mistake now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a mistake when no one in the Bears organization expected Ellis to retire.

Well...considering Izzy signed for almost exactly what Ellis signed for...it wasn't the best deal ever. I think Izzy's a better player than Ellis, personally, albeit different types of players, with different pros and cons. Certainly nobody could foresee Ellis's sudden retirement, but then again, are they interviewing him? Evaluating his drive, determination and desires, goals?? In fairness, I haven't even read why, he retired, but I guarantee you, the signing of him made the decision to let Izzy walk, so if nothing else, unless there is some justifiable reason that I have not heard, then it was just a douchey move by Ellis.

Either way, it feels like we got the shaft.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...considering Izzy signed for almost exactly what Ellis signed for...it wasn't the best deal ever. I think Izzy's a better player than Ellis, personally, albeit different types of players, with different pros and cons. Certainly nobody could foresee Ellis's sudden retirement, but then again, are they interviewing him? Evaluating his drive, determination and desires, goals?? In fairness, I haven't even read why, he retired, but I guarantee you, the signing of him made the decision to let Izzy walk, so if nothing else, unless there is some justifiable reason that I have not heard, then it was just a douchey move by Ellis.

Either way, it feels like we got the shaft.

Once again its not the organizations fault Izzy didnt want to come down in price to stay with the Bears. They did what they could to resign him for the money they wanted to pay him but it didnt work out and they went elsewhere. We dont know how much Izzy would have made if he chose to stay with us, it could have been less, around or more compared to what he is going to make with the Lions. Of course the Bears evaluated him before they signed him haha they are an NFL team. Izzy's role for the Bears have decreased a lot the past 2 years and would have probably stayed consistent this year. Dont get me wrong I loved what Izzy brought on and off the field but like Urlacher their production to the team was sinking and it was time to let them go.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see the better option/replacement tho, is all I'm saying.

It's cool tho...outta anybody's control.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see the better option/replacement tho, is all I'm saying.

It's cool tho...outta anybody's control.

Im not saying these guys are better options/replacements than Izzy was because he was a solid player, I am just speaking from the business side that comes along with the game.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I want Shea to go to middle linebacker, but as long as they keep him as a defensive end, there was no room for Izzy. I think Shea could stay this size and play linebacker again before they get him up to 280 and lose his speed.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I want Shea to go to middle linebacker, but as long as they keep him as a defensive end, there was no room for Izzy. I think Shea could stay this size and play linebacker again before they get him up to 280 and lose his speed.

No need for him to move him to linebacker after you drafted Bostic and Greene. Emery said from Day 1 he was going to use Shea as a defensive end and I think he will stick by his words.