• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue with the Bulls is entitlement. I'm not sure it really matters who the coach is.

These guys know they're in one of the NBA's biggest markets. They see their six championship banners in their home arena. They think all they have to do is show up on a lot of nights. Hence, they often lay eggs against inferior teams. And with that, they're always destined to underachieve...

They are my local team and I get to catch them on TV whenever I wish, and you rarely fell the energy watching Bulls games. I think the best solution to this is younger, fresher blood.

And ideally, Jimmy Butler is not a top scorer on a championship-caliber team. You want him to be more of an all-around player. It'd be nice to see Derrick Rose somewhat resemble the Rose of old again, but it's just not looking likely at this point.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls need to stop coaching/playing like Rose is the best player and start playing like Butler is the best player... because he is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls need to stop coaching/playing like Rose is the best player and start playing like Butler is the best player... because he is.

Rose is no longer a top 3 player on their team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I think this has more to do with it than any entitlement from banners that no one on the current team had anything to do with. They need to quit pretending that this is MVP Rose and adjust accordingly. That includes Rose having to acknowledge that due to his injuries, he just isn't "that guy" anymore. He can still be a very good player, but he's no longer a franchise type player.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think this has more to do with it than any entitlement from banners that no one on the current team had anything to do with. They need to quit pretending that this is MVP Rose and adjust accordingly. That includes Rose having to acknowledge that due to his injuries, he just isn't "that guy" anymore. He can still be a very good player, but he's no longer a franchise type player.

Clearly you don't have enough exposure to the real Derrick Rose. Guy is as humble as they come. He's not the luckiest or the smartest guy in the world (he has shotten himself in the foot a couple of times with his comments about free agency and his life after basketball). But, he works his butt off, doesn't go to the media and point fingers at others (Butler), and is just the type of guy you just root for overall.

Butler may be playing the best basketball overall for the Bulls right now, but Rose is still key to their title hopes. When playing the Cavs they need Butler to guard LeBron and for Rose to take the scoring burden off of him.

Butler is a solid two-way player as they come as long as he don't throw teammates and coaches under the bus, but I maintain my stance that he is not a top scorer on a title team.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls are playing much better - Second best in the East.

Hoiberg will be a good coach once he gets further re-adjusted to NBA life.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you don't have enough exposure to the real Derrick Rose. Guy is as humble as they come. He's not the luckiest or the smartest guy in the world (he has shotten himself in the foot a couple of times with his comments about free agency and his life after basketball). But, he works his butt off, doesn't go to the media and point fingers at others (Butler), and is just the type of guy you just root for overall.

Butler may be playing the best basketball overall for the Bulls right now, but Rose is still key to their title hopes. When playing the Cavs they need Butler to guard LeBron and for Rose to take the scoring burden off of him.

Butler is a solid two-way player as they come as long as he don't throw teammates and coaches under the bus, but I maintain my stance that he is not a top scorer on a title team.

Never implied that Derrick Rose isn't humble or that he doesn't work hard. If nothing else, coming back from the injuries that he's had, shows how hard he works. That kind of rehab which takes such a long time to complete and improvement comes in small measures can be incredibly tedious and frustrating.

The guy has been an all-star and league MVP. It's not his fault because of the injuries he's suffered, but he just isn't quite "that Derrick Rose" anymore.

I do agree that he's likely the key to the Bulls title chances. But it would be because of his leadership and his ability to do like D-Wade did in his 2nd year with Lebron where he basically said, "I'm still pretty damn good, but that other guy is better and needs to be more of the focus."

As the point guard, Rose is actually in a great position to do just that. Since he has the ball the most, he gets to decide who gets it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't the Butler media thing work out in the end?