• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've now seen everything.....

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect blend of sarcasm and love for the Giants. Plus, you've gotta feel for any SF fan living in the belly of the beast. Great weather. Horrible people (for the most part).
Heath, if you are still around, thanks! Although I'm not quite in the belly. Definitely more Angels' fans than Dodgers' fans around here and the Dodger fans that are around are amiable. Totally different if I went an hour north.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath, if you are still around, thanks! Although I'm not quite in the belly. Definitely more Angels' fans than Dodgers' fans around here and the Dodger fans that are around are amiable. Totally different if I went an hour north.
Heath left about a year or so ago. He moved to SLO and opened a biz with his wife, and he had to make sacrifices. This board was one of them.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm smack dab in the middle of the belly......in fact, my next door neighbor wants to talk about how great the Dodgers are doing, every time he sees me. Lived here 36 of my 41 years though, so I am used to it.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm smack dab in the middle of the belly......in fact, my next door neighbor wants to talk about how great the Dodgers are doing, every time he sees me. Lived here 36 of my 41 years though, so I am used to it.

I was in Pasadena for 28 years, and always got an earful from my Dodger fan friends. Until 2010. :D

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell him to STFU until the doyers win a friggin pennant. If you have to go back to the Reagan era to find one, your org is poor.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell him to STFU until the doyers win a friggin pennant. If you have to go back to the Reagan era to find one, your org is poor.
Lol.....I save the stfu for one of my best friends that is Dudger fan. Oh, and a couple of the guys I work with....and my cousin and the produce guy at the supermarket....and......lol

I guess I can tell him to shut up.....lol

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco, if you have lived 36 of your 41 years in the belly of the beast, how did you see the light?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito is respecting Nolan for slighting Black players (as they don't play the game the right way) and Latino players (because they are mentally weak).....the trolls are uniting. :eek:
Was I the only one that found Tito slightly amusing?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not I. I can't stand gimmicks. And whoever was writing Tito was just doing a gimmick. I like to have a conversation. I like to learn. You can't do that with a gimmick.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco, if you have lived 36 of your 41 years in the belly of the beast, how did you see the light?
There are a few reasons, and most of them were individual players.....first, Charles Theodore Davis.....then Will Clark.

I was a huge collector of baseball cards as a kid, so that gave me exposure to all the teams. Growing up in Orange County, with parents from Philly, I had no reason to love any of the local teams, and my Dad wasn't around enough to influence me to love the Phillies. So, I ended up picking my teams based on players that I liked to watch. Once those guys moved on or retired, I was fully invested in the team and could never change gear......

I think it helped that I liked to be the one kid in class that was always rooting against the Dodgers, too. Lol

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few reasons, and most of them were individual players.....first, Charles Theodore Davis.....then Will Clark.

I was a huge collector of baseball cards as a kid, so that gave me exposure to all the teams. Growing up in Orange County, with parents from Philly, I had no reason to love any of the local teams, and my Dad wasn't around enough to influence me to love the Phillies. So, I ended up picking my teams based on players that I liked to watch. Once those guys moved on or retired, I was fully invested in the team and could never change gear......

I think it helped that I liked to be the one kid in class that was always rooting against the Dodgers, too. Lol
Sorry to hear that your dad wasn't around much. That stinks.
Do you still live in Orange County or did you migrate north? I live down in Laguna Hills and don't find a whole lot of Dodger fans. The ones I do meet usually commute here from LA County for work or moved down from LA County.
Sounds like we may be close to the same age. I got into baseball in 1990, at 13 years old, because of a Dan Quisenberry baseball card. Somehow, I got hooked on trading cards just because of this wrinkled 90 Donruss card a friend gave me. I got a box of Topps cards for my birthday and I was in. My grandmother being from San Francisco, my dad was a nominal bay area sports' fan. So when I asked him who he rooted for he said Giants. I've been a fan since then.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you still live in Orange County or did you migrate north? I live down in Laguna Hills and don't find a whole lot of Dodger fans. The ones I do meet usually commute here from LA County for work or moved down from LA County.
Sounds like we may be close to the same age. I got into baseball in 1990, at 13 years old, because of a Dan Quisenberry baseball card. Somehow, I got hooked on trading cards just because of this wrinkled 90 Donruss card a friend gave me. I got a box of Topps cards for my birthday and I was in. My grandmother being from San Francisco, my dad was a nominal bay area sports' fan. So when I asked him who he rooted for he said Giants. I've been a fan since then.
Baseball cards were my gateway drug as well. I went to boarding school for jr high and one of the dorm coordinators owned a card shop so he would always run field trips and teach us about the players and cards. This was about '86/'87.

My dad was not a sports fan at all, so I had to nurture my addiction on my own. My bro is a big Giants fan, so I think that helped me pick the Giants over the As, but I was a dual fan until about '90 when the As broke my heart for the third consecutive year.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good.....my Pops was always busy with his business (International Freight Forwarding), so he was traveling a lot. My parents got divorced early, so baseball and card collecting became my get away at around 8 years old. Him and I are close today, and that's what matters.

I live in Huntington Beach, but my office is right on the LA/OC boarder.....lots of Dodger fans there. We have fun with the rivalry, though.

Reactions: LHG

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I found him this much amusing
5788452690_dc8beb41e6_b.jpg