• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've changed my mind about Revis VS Willis

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've said for years that I believed Revis was a more valuable player than Willis. It's always been close, but I've always given the nod to the all-pro CB over the all-pro ILB. I've changed my mind now. It's not because I think an ILB is more valuable than a CB, it's because I can tell Revis is a huge pain in the ass. He didn't decide to hold out AGAIN after signing a long term deal, but he's obviously pitching a fit about his contract again. It was front-loaded, and now that he's gotten the meaty part of the contract, he's bitching about his salary.

This offseason, he said he "wasn't sure" if he'd report to camp or not. The only reason he's reporting is because he'd miss a million dollar bounus and be fined $30K a day. I've always loved him as a player, but he does not inspire confidence in me any more. He's a baby. Willis is a man. Willis dealt with his contract and then shut up & went to work. Willis inspires other teammates and inspires fear in opponents. Revis probably inspires contempt with his teammates, most of whom make far less money than he does.

I still say an all-pro CB > an all-pro ILB, but Willis' character pushes him over the top IMO.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I throw Revis and MJD in the same "don't sign the contract than" category.

I get an NFL contract is about as binding as water so I don't mind these guys wanting to max out their worth when they can but don't sign these 4+ year contracts that are clearly front loaded than cry later when it hits the back loaded part.

Revis just should've signed a meaty 2 year deal than that way the team would've either been forced to take care of him or another team would've in free agency. Instead you sign a 4 year front loaded deal because it means more guaranteed money and now your crying again.

Same with MJD. I get wanting to max his value out especially since he's an RB but the team already ripped up your rookie contract and took care of you and again don't sign such a long contract if you feel you're going to be worth more .

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both guys are the best at their position IMO. I'd still take Revis over Willis, but i've never lost any sleep over it because Willis is a true Pro like you said. He's a player his fans can be proud of on and off the field which is a rarity these days.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, I hadn't seen the contact details for Revis until just now. $18 million roster bonus at the end of 2010. Such BS that he's contemplating holding out now. As said above, the players need to take care of themselves, and I totally understand it with a rookie deal. But Revis got paid.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't gonna make any sense to most people, but I think Willis would spot John Candy in the stands, and Revis would not.

Basically I'm saying that Willis is probably a better "crunch time" leader of men than Revis.... even if Willis doesn't like wearing the green sticker on his helmet.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This isn't gonna make any sense to most people, but I think Willis would spot John Candy in the stands, and Revis would not.

seewhatyoudidtherenicho.png

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Revis inspires contempt from his teammates, at least it isn't to the level that Albert Haynesworth did, you know? At least Revis still shows up ready to work and produces to the level he should on the field.

Although it really can't be healthy for a locker room when he signs a 4 year 42 million dollar contract and then complains about it 2 years later. I'm sure a lot of the guys are saying, "You gotta be fucking kidding me!". Especially when I'd say about 35 of the guys won't even come near 42 million over a 10 year career.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Revis inspires contempt from his teammates, at least it isn't to the level that Albert Haynesworth did, you know?

Definitely. He's not a bad apple, but if we're comparing him to Willis, then Revis' attitude knocks him a notch below the VP of Carnage IMO.

[YOUTUBE]jV-IqEmmNu0[/YOUTUBE]

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it wouldn't work and the way Baalke and Co operate contracts are great, but sometimes it feels that if they were to split the contract out evenly between the seasons, it would shut some of the players up, because they'd realize that they're getting paid. But I know teams front load and back load deals for cap structure and for making the back loaded deal look bigger than it is. It would dramatically change contracts if they made NFL teams keep players they signed or pay them fully before being cut. It would also, of course, make end of career contracts silly because these guys could just get cut and get their last paycheck. As long as you could lose money, everyone will work hard (most will either way).

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Basically I'm saying that Willis is probably a better "crunch time" leader of men than Revis.... even if Willis doesn't like wearing the green sticker on his helmet.

Great Joe Montana reference.

And a little off tipic, but I believe there is (or was with the previous CBA) that if a player holds out on a contract, the team can try to recoup some of the signing bonuses they were given. THis happened when Ricky Williams retired from the Dolphins, and also I think Detroit went after some of Rogers' bonus (the Michigan St. Wide receiver.. I can't think of his first name). I don't know if the new CBA changed this or not, but there is precedence to go ofter some of the money these guys have already been paid.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo it depends on the d. guys like ray lewis in his prime and willis make the whole defense so good.

biggest problem with a corner is teams can choose to take him out of the game or at least greatly limit their ability to make a big impact.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P Willie then Justin Smith then Revis.. or maybe even Justin Smith, P Willie then Revis.