• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iupati vs Ngata

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Super excited about this trench battle.

Who will win? Will Gore / James be able to run off left guard up the middle?

Crazy good matchup!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
having the ZR threat should help a little bit inside? over the course of the game, i'd have to think Iupati will win out.

for runs inside, think it'll come down to Goodwin?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crazy good matchup!

I'm excited about this match-up, too, but, as deep alluded to, it is more like Goodwin/Iupati v. Ngata and Goodwin/Boone v. Ngata. Teams are rarely successful in a one-on-one battle with Haloti.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Crazy good matchup!

Reminds me of Kevin Gogan vs Gilbert Brown...

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Iupati was very underwhelming against the Falcons, PFF speculated that he could have a possible injury.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati was very underwhelming against the Falcons, PFF speculated that he could have a possible injury.

Why do you have Banks as your 1st round pick to the Niners? He doesn't even play 49er style of cb. We need cb's that can play man, he wasn't even called onto playing man for his college team, let alone in the NFL.

Rhodes, Poyer, Trufant, maybe Amerson, those are 49er style cb's.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't Ngata be lining up mostly at LDE?

I had this info avail so I thought I would post it in response to this question.

If he is used the same way against us as he was used against the Patriots then no. He lined up at LDE 40%; NT 15%; and RDE 45% vs. the Patriots.

He engaged the RT 7.1%; RG 28.2%; C 20.0%; LG 37.6%; LT 5.9% and dropped into coverage 1.2%. (once)

He played zero to three tech on either side of the center on nearly all of his snaps; moving out to the 5-6 tech on only a couple plays. He played 84% of the plays.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Possibly but with 2 weeks off the injury shouldn't be much of a factor and he hasn't been on the injury report or limited in practice.

With that extra week of rest I expect the entire line to be strong but on the flip side the Ravens D line got much needed rest as well.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this info avail so I thought I would post it in response to this question.

If he is used the same way against us as he was used against the Patriots then no. He lined up at LDE 40%; NT 15%; and RDE 45% vs. the Patriots.

He engaged the RT 7.1%; RG 28.2%; C 20.0%; LG 37.6%; LT 5.9% and dropped into coverage 1.2%. (once)

He played zero to three tech on either side of the center on nearly all of his snaps; moving out to the 5-6 tech on only a couple plays. He played 84% of the plays.

Great post!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post!

Thanks! Glad you found the info useful. It looks like Iupati and Goodwin will see the lions share of the snaps but each of our middle-three are going to see enough of Haloti Ngata this Sunday.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This is all second and third hand information, but from what I've read in a lot of the previews Ngata plays strong side DE. Assuming that's true, the stats above tell me that New England was very balanced in which side of the formation was strong more than anything else.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all second and third hand information, but from what I've read in a lot of the previews Ngata plays strong side DE. Assuming that's true, the stats above tell me that New England was very balanced in which side of the formation was strong more than anything else.

Sounds plausible for why you would move a DE up and down the line but, Ngata attacked the weak side about as much as he did the strong side against NE. Of course, 1/2 of the plays NE ran while Ngata was on the field were with zero or two-TE balanced lines.

One thing worth mentioning is that, although Ngata moved from side to side he rarely went beyond the the outside shoulder of the guard vs. NE; and, he wasn't doubled nearly as much as I would have thought. Honestly, I think both Iupati & Boone can handle the Ngata that showed up vs. the Patriots with relative ease.