• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time for Radical Thinking!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is if Quinn gets Atlanta Denver may be left with Austin. They seem to want a defensive coach. I would also think Caldwell could pick up the phone and call Manning on Austin's behalf.

I really would like to see Austin have two good years but for me I see Austin as having the better long term impact and their would not be a big drop off next year losing Caldwell.

Junior would have to have some monster sized nuts to do it!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt that it would take a moron to hire Austin after one year as a DC. It would be just that much more moronic to dump Caldwell and promote Austin. Most head coaches fail at their first stop even when they are handed a good team. The defense was fantastic but you guys would now hand over our conservative O to a defensive HC? Jesus Christ I'm glad you guys aren't running this team! I've been dreading losing Austin too, letting out a huge sigh of relief everytime a coach not named Austin gets hired but there is no fucking way I'm handing over this team to a green HC like Austin and expecting to compete going forward. Lombardi hasn't proven yet to be even a decent hire as OC but Austin was a genius hire so I'd trust Caldwell to find another good DC more than I'd trust Austin to run this entire team right now.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, eh?

Maybe, and call me crazy here, but just maaaaybe we don't want to lose the guy who, in just one year, gave us the best Lions defense we've ever seen...

:noidea:

Yea, just fire the coach who gave us the best team we've seen in 2 decades.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're not looking at the bigger picture. It was our defense that got us to the playoffs, and Austin was the guy behind that. He took our defense from the 16th ranked unit last year to the 2nd ranked this year, with 10 out of the 11 starters from last year returning.

Imo, we're not in a hurry to fire the coach that led us to the playoffs at all... we're actually discussing scenarios to keep the coach who led us to the playoffs- Teryl Austin.

I appreciate what Caldwell has done, but we also must consider that while our defense has exploded onto the scene, Caldwell purposely took our explosive offense and throttled it back because he's a conservative offense kind of guy. That's his philosophy. That's all well and good, but, imo, if we had last year's offense with Linehan and this year's defense, we would have been a very tough out, and likely would have been looking at a home playoff game instead of a trip to Dallas...

I don't recall his offenses in Indy being conservative. I also remember him taking over Baltimore's offense and throwing the team on the shoulders of the strong armed QB instead of the running game and that team winning it all. So the O went conservative while trying to reign in turnovers and costly mistakes, I get why people are pissed about that, I am too, but until we see this is his philosophy going forward, I won't label him as that. He brought in Lombardi expecting a New Orleans type of O which is far from conservative.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ran into Justin Beiber would you.....A. Ask for an autograph and photo? B. Punch him in the face? C. Punch him in the face twice? D. Punch him in the face twice and then carve ASSHAT into his forehead with a pen you picked up off the ground and pissed on? E. Walk right by after sticking your middle finger in his face and then go set Joe Lombardi's garbage on fire?

Punch him in the face just once because that's all it should take to knock his pussy ass out and drag him back accross the fucking boarder!!!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Austin has vowed to bring Adam Gase to ATL as his OC.

I said wow when I read it.

Quinn has also promised Gase if he gets the Atlanta job.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn, who is reportedly Atlanta's top target, would also bring Gase in as his O.C. per the same sources quoting that Austin would.

Imo, that should put a bow in ATL- if they want Quinn, but are worried that having to wait till Seattle is eliminated will hurt his ability to put together a good staff, then having Gase as his guy should make him a slam dunk.

Atlanta should be able to talk to Quinn after this weekend correct?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBB... no team's F.O. (ie. Atl or Den) can have current talks with any personnel of a team that is still alive in the playoffs until said team has been eliminated.... or maybe in Seattle's case the day after the SuperBowl

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBB... no team's F.O. (ie. Atl or Den) can have current talks with any personnel of a team that is still alive in the playoffs until said team has been eliminated.... or maybe in Seattle's case the day after the SuperBowl

Teams should be able to talk to coaches in a bye week. Unless they changed that this year. Even more so, didn't Mayhew have his initial talks with Wisenhunt after their first playoff game and before their second game last year? They flew out to San Diego then after they were eliminated they gassed up the jet to bring him to D for a longer interview that he never made. I'm pretty sure you can't officially hire a guy before they are eliminated but you can interview them. Teams just usually won't allow it while they are trying to prepare for playoff games.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams should be able to talk to coaches in a bye week. Unless they changed that this year. Even more so, didn't Mayhew have his initial talks with Wisenhunt after their first playoff game and before their second game last year? They flew out to San Diego then after they were eliminated they gassed up the jet to bring him to D for a longer interview that he never made. I'm pretty sure you can't officially hire a guy before they are eliminated but you can interview them. Teams just usually won't allow it while they are trying to prepare for playoff games.

I know the Falcons talked to Quinn after Seattle clinched there Bye week in the playoffs. So there is some leeway in how it is done.

Falcons ask for permission to interview Dan Quinn | ProFootballTalk

That was dec 30, apparently they reciceved permission because he did fly down there and talk to them.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
muzz is right for the teams that earned a bye-week, but after that there isn't to be any personal contact until said team is eliminated from play-offs.

I should have clarified that

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought there was a window in there this next week since there's two weeks till the Super Bowl?