• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time for Radical Thinking!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like TPauls idea except I would delay it 1 year or so. I would make Austin the assistant HC next year during our bye week if the defense is still playing at a high level. Let Austin get another year as a DC (and half a year as AHC). That will most likely take him off the table next offseason and allow both guys to stay through year 3. At that point we have to make Austin the HC or he will move on.

If Lombardi's offense continues to crap the bed, there is a chance they will need to dump Caldwell in that time period anyway. Hopefully we bring in a new ST coach this year too. ST also crapped out the last few games and got progressively worse.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not the same old Lions anymore, but definitely the same old Lions fans. Let's be in a hurry to fire the coach who led us to the playoffs in his first season. After all we do make the playoffs so often, and just making it there isn't a big deal to this team anymore.

I respect your opinion and thinking here but in all honesty it was Austin who lead us to the playoffs. Caldwell is an offense guy and that area of the team was a huge disappointment.

His offenses have been a disappointment his entire career. Keep in mind he destroyed the Ravens from a good offense to a terrible one and was going to be fired as OC before the Lions, after embarrassing themselves on the failed KW courting, inexplicably effectively promoted him to HC. :noidea: Ravens got rid of him and their offense was much better.

I am all in favor of sending him to the curb to keep Austin. Much better for the team.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another ALL-TIME Classic....... Goodfellas

nice TP !

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think Austin would accept the head coach position if it were offered to him. I can't imagine that he's that loyal to Caldwell that if we told him we didn't think Caldwell was the one to lead us to the next level, so we let him go, but we want you to take his place, that he'd be like "No way! You fired Jim?! Well I don't want to work for you then!"

It's a business, and the bottom line is wins. If Austin can run a team like he runs the defense then we'd be very wise to promote him so we don't lose him, imo.

Why? Again, no offense meant here, but that's completely a defeatist mentality right there. It looks like, barring any surprises, we'll retain Austin this year. If our defense has another stellar season Austin's stock will get even hotter. If we have another one-and-done in the playoffs, or even worse, if we miss the playoffs, do you think it's all that far-fetched to let Caldwell go and move Austin up in order to avoid losing him?

The other thing to consider is that coaches can be traded. If Caldwell gets us another 10+ win season, but we decide that Austin is the better bet going forward we could offer up Caldwell for an extra 3rd rounder and have an easy "out" instead of firing him. I'm not saying that's common thing, obviously it's not, but we've stumbled onto a helluva coach here, it'd be a shame to lose him imo...

Dammit FUCKER! STOP ARGUING!!! :suds:

Just kiddin , man. But he's gone! You gotta remember who runs the organization. We've had a coordinator before who was a better HC and we let that dipshit go 0-16. In all reality, even if we have the same type of season, defense good offense bad, and a losing record, the fucking idiots still would let Austin go and retain Caldwell.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Tpauls idea of a made up. Inbetween position. That way Austin doesn't think he's being fired and will take the position. You know, Mayhew's right hand man or something. Kind of like Mayhew was to Millen

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ran into Justin Beiber would you.....A. Ask for an autograph and photo? B. Punch him in the face? C. Punch him in the face twice? D. Punch him in the face twice and then carve ASSHAT into his forehead with a pen you picked up off the ground and pissed on? E. Walk right by after sticking your middle finger in his face and then go set Joe Lombardi's garbage on fire?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say "Oh my god! You're Justin Beiber!" And then drop kick him in the chest.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say "Oh my god! You're Justin Beiber!" And then drop kick him in the chest.

That wasn't an option you fucking dumbass. Pay attention Mayhew Jr.

The fact that you would recognize him troubles me the most. That and I don't think you have the flexibility to kick much higher than mid-thigh. Although kicking him in the junk would be considered an appropriate reaction if it didn't come with the little girl, "Oh my god! You're Justin Beiber!" comment prefacing it. Just walk up, boot him, laugh, and walk away.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Caldwell and Austin should be safe together for at least one more year. Austin has been excellent, but hiring a HC based on one productive season is IMO pretty unlikely unless he wows the owner during the interview.

Apparently Austin has vowed to bring Adam Gase to ATL as his OC.

I said wow when I read it.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said wow when I read it.

I said wow when I read that TP would recognize Justin Beiber. :L

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's some extremely funny shit going on in this thread..

A Goodfellas quote, then a Justin Beiber segment, Bentley with a banana in his tailpipe was the best comment tho, in another thread....then a Mayhew Jr. comment...

sometimes while someone is fishing, it is better to NOT bite the bait... at least in 1 instance, IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A.) The fact that you would recognize him troubles me the most. That and B.) I don't think you have the flexibility to kick much higher than mid-thigh. Although kicking him in the junk would be considered an appropriate reaction C.) if it didn't come with the little girl, "Oh my god! You're Justin Beiber!" comment prefacing it. Just walk up, boot him, laugh, and walk away.

A.) That fucker's face is everywhere. He has the skin of a teenage girl and that horribly douchy haircut. He'd be hard not to recognize.

B.) That's why I said drop-kick. Pay attention Mayhew Jr. :yahoo: I'm not flexible at all, but I can jump high enough to land a drop kick in the chest of a normal-sized human being.

C.) That's a psychological ploy to get his guard down. I want him to think I'm about to ask for a picture or an autograph, then BAM! Two size twelves right in the sternum!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn, who is reportedly Atlanta's top target, would also bring Gase in as his O.C. per the same sources quoting that Austin would.

Imo, that should put a bow in ATL- if they want Quinn, but are worried that having to wait till Seattle is eliminated will hurt his ability to put together a good staff, then having Gase as his guy should make him a slam dunk.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn, who is reportedly Atlanta's top target, would also bring Gase in as his O.C. per the same sources quoting that Austin would.

Imo, that should put a bow in ATL- if they want Quinn, but are worried that having to wait till Seattle is eliminated will hurt his ability to put together a good staff, then having Gase as his guy should make him a slam dunk.

Link? All I see is Gase to Denver as HC or to Rams as OC if he doesn't land in ATL on Roto right now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase is a mystery to me. Never heard of him before Peyton went to Denver. Does he have his own style or are teams hoping to learn the Peyton way?

I'm sure Gase just called the plays Peyton wanted in Denver.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? All I see is Gase to Denver as HC or to Rams as OC if he doesn't land in ATL on Roto right now.

Per ESPN, via the Mlive article on the subject...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN, via the Mlive article on the subject...

Cool thanks. I'm watching 'A serious Man' right now. I'll throw on ESPN tonight.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you would recognize him troubles me the most. That and I don't think you have the flexibility to kick much higher than mid-thigh. Although kicking him in the junk would be considered an appropriate reaction if it didn't come with the little girl, "Oh my god! You're Justin Beiber!" comment prefacing it. Just walk up, boot him, laugh, and walk away.

Bieber has junk?

the answer, as with most multiple choice options, is C.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you fuckers need to start writing scripts for comedy or sumtin'