• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's that time............................................

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how people are rating Chicago as high as they are. It would take Justin Field turning into a top 10 QB to drag that roster to 7 wins.

Go rank by team these positional groups.
1- 32 QB situation in the league.
1 - 32 Receiving group in the league.
1 - 32 Offensive line in the league
1 - 32 Defensive line in the league.

All very important position groups when it comes to winning football game.

There isn't a single one of those groups where Chicago isn't a bottom 5 team in the league. And in a lot of those areas, we are talking the bottom of the bottom 5 worst in the league.

Their back 7 on defense is really solid. But I just cant imagine them seeing enough improvement in other areas to improve. And we are talking about a 6 win team last year that got worse, not better during their offseason. That is expecting one hell of a lot of improvement from Fields and other young players to see a 7 win season coming.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how people are rating Chicago as high as they are. It would take Justin Field turning into a top 10 QB to drag that roster to 7 wins.

Go rank by team these positional groups.
1- 32 QB situation in the league.
1 - 32 Receiving group in the league.
1 - 32 Offensive line in the league
1 - 32 Defensive line in the league.

All very important position groups when it comes to winning football game.

There isn't a single one of those groups where Chicago isn't a bottom 5 team in the league. And in a lot of those areas, we are talking the bottom of the bottom 5 worst in the league.

Their back 7 on defense is really solid. But I just cant imagine them seeing enough improvement in other areas to improve. And we are talking about a 6 win team last year that got worse, not better during their offseason. That is expecting one hell of a lot of improvement from Fields and other young players to see a 7 win season coming.
Receiving group: 32nd. That group sucks.

Oline...thats trickier. Probably somewhere between 15th and 32nd depending on the tackles. Its hard for me to say Tevin Jenkins and Larry Borom are both busts after just one season but if they dont get that worked out then they're in trouble.

As far as the defense is concerned, Chicago had the 21st ranked defense last year....which would be the 2nd best in their division.

They won 6 last year with a bad team and a coach no one liked. If Justin Fields is a franchise QB then I do think he gets to 7 just by using his elite running talents. Bears get games against the Texans, Giants, Washington, Lions twice, Jets, and Falcons.

I will say that Im basically saying that I believe in Justin Fields. If Fields isnt good, the Bears implode. #1 overall pick bad. D.O.A.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read Hot takes.

I don't trust Mahomes without Hill.

Kelce is going to be doubled

Could they do better. Yes. I expect to be wrong here but for now they don't have the Guns to keep up with the West.

Their operating with a pistol.

Chargers have a Sniper rifle

Raiders and Broncos have AR-15's.
Patrick Mahomes has a passer rating of 103.1 with 1,737 yards, 8 touchdowns and 1 interception in 5 games without Tyreek Hill in his career.

All of those guns suck, FYI.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receiving group: 32nd. That group sucks.

Oline...thats trickier. Probably somewhere between 15th and 32nd depending on the tackles. Its hard for me to say Tevin Jenkins and Larry Borom are both busts after just one season but if they dont get that worked out then they're in trouble.

As far as the defense is concerned, Chicago had the 21st ranked defense last year....which would be the 2nd best in their division.

They won 6 last year with a bad team and a coach no one liked. If Justin Fields is a franchise QB then I do think he gets to 7 just by using his elite running talents. Bears get games against the Texans, Giants, Washington, Lions twice, Jets, and Falcons.

I will say that Im basically saying that I believe in Justin Fields. If Fields isnt good, the Bears implode. #1 overall pick bad. D.O.A.

The Bears have Jenkins on the trade market now. Likely going to end up trading him for a LOT less than the capital it took to draft him. But the new regime has no ties to him and dont want him there supposedly because of a bad attitude. Bad attitude plus looking just god awful last year when he was pressed into service and the new FO must figure getting a 5th for him now is better than seeing if he develops or not.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have Jenkins on the trade market now. Likely going to end up trading him for a LOT less than the capital it took to draft him. But the new regime has no ties to him and dont want him there supposedly because of a bad attitude. Bad attitude plus looking just god awful last year when he was pressed into service and the new FO must figure getting a 5th for him now is better than seeing if he develops or not.
I just saw that. Lots of people were really high on Jenkins coming out as that 'mauler RT with an attitude'. OTs bust like everything else it seems.

I did think Jenkins was boom/bust coming out along with Borom and the DB they look in the recent draft Gordon. Fields also in the boom/bust category. Brisker is probably their only pick recently that I figure was a slam dunk.

I dont want to assume they'll all bust but...it could definitely happen