• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: It's Seattle Time:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 12-18 month recovery process.

Perez wont be back 100% until 2016...

MAYBE end of 2015 it'll start coming together for him, a la Nathan his last year in Minnesota, crap the first half of the year and pretty good the 2nd half, the recovery process differs

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN today:

In his first appearance of the season on only one day’s rest, Feliz allowed two homers and four runs while giving up an eighth-inning lead for Triple-A Round Rock against Iowa of the Chicago Cubs organization. It was only the second time that Feliz has been scored on in eight appearances sandwiched around a stay on the disabled list.

Andrus is 1-for-30 overall with runners in scoring position. Atlanta’s B.J. Upton hit .108 for 93 at-bats with runners in scoring position last season for the lowest average in that situation among qualifiers since 1974.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN today:

In his first appearance of the season on only one day’s rest, Feliz allowed two homers and four runs while giving up an eighth-inning lead for Triple-A Round Rock against Iowa of the Chicago Cubs organization. It was only the second time that Feliz has been scored on in eight appearances sandwiched around a stay on the disabled list.

Andrus is 1-for-30 overall with runners in scoring position. Atlanta’s B.J. Upton hit .108 for 93 at-bats with runners in scoring position last season for the lowest average in that situation among qualifiers since 1974.

Yeah I saw the other night where Feliz came in with an 8-5 lead in the 8th and lost the game.

Andrus is definitely not earning his money. But of course he us not the only one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting from DMN, again from this morning:

ARLINGTON — The Rangers have played beyond game No. 162 in each of the last four seasons. They reached the playoffs three times in those seasons, going to the World Series twice.

The Rangers are paying a price for that success this season.

The major league landscape is littered with pitchers such as Tanner Roark, developed by the Rangers and having success in Washington’s rotation. Since June 1, 2010, general manager Jon Daniels has made pennant-race deals in which the club has given up 23 pitchers, 11 of whom have appeared in the majors this season.

They were the right trades at the right time. A team gets only so many chances at the World Series. As any general manager would, Daniels went for it.

The successes are clear. Daniels included Blake Beavan and Josh Lueke in the deal for Cliff Lee, obtained slugger Mike Napoli for Frank Francisco and picked up Mike Adams for prospects Robbie Erlin and Joe Wieland.

Koji Uehara pitched well for stretches, but the Rangers may have overpaid in sending Baltimore a package that included its current closer: Tommy Hunter.

The move that gnaws at Daniels is last year’s addition of veteran starter Matt Garza in a deal that included three pitchers: C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm and Neil Ramirez.

Garza was a high-maintenance flop, going 4-5 with a 4.38 ERA in 13 starts. Grimm and Ramirez are part of the Cubs’ rebuilding program. Edwards could be their top pitching prospect.

“It was too short-term thinking,” Daniels said of the Garza acquisition. “We had mixed opinions in the organization. I felt like we had a chance last summer and knew that we had some potential changes and wanted to take a shot.

“In another year or so, we might see all of those guys in the big leagues. That’s not fun, but you can’t run and hide from it.’’

On a personal level, Daniels roots for each traded pitcher to do well with his new club. The Rangers built relationships with those players during their time in the organization. Hendricks’ parents work at Angel Stadium of Anaheim and seek out Daniels each time he visits.

On a professional level, Daniels at times winces when those players do well elsewhere.

“It’s not fun to read about the guys that we traded away having success,” Daniels said. “But you have to be willing to give up talent to get talent.”

That is why teams call Daniels when trade season arrives. The Rangers are willing to trade now and deal with the consequences later.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ARLINGTON — The Rangers have played beyond game No. 162 in each of the last four seasons. They reached the playoffs three times in those seasons, going to the World Series twice.

The major league landscape is littered with pitchers such as Tanner Roark, developed by the Rangers and having success in Washington’s rotation. Since June 1, 2010, general manager Jon Daniels has made pennant-race deals in which the club has given up 23 pitchers, 11 of whom have appeared in the majors this season.

They were the right trades at the right time. A team gets only so many chances at the World Series. As any general manager would, Daniels went for it.

The successes are clear. Daniels included Blake Beavan and Josh Lueke in the deal for Cliff Lee, obtained slugger Mike Napoli for Frank Francisco and picked up Mike Adams for prospects Robbie Erlin and Joe Wieland.

Koji Uehara pitched well for stretches, but the Rangers may have overpaid in sending Baltimore a package that included its current closer: Tommy Hunter.

The move that gnaws at Daniels is last year’s addition of veteran starter Matt Garza in a deal that included three pitchers: C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm and Neil Ramirez.

Garza was a high-maintenance flop, going 4-5 with a 4.38 ERA in 13 starts. Grimm and Ramirez are part of the Cubs’ rebuilding program. Edwards could be their top pitching prospect.

“It was too short-term thinking,” Daniels said of the Garza acquisition. “We had mixed opinions in the organization. I felt like we had a chance last summer and knew that we had some potential changes and wanted to take a shot.

“In another year or so, we might see all of those guys in the big leagues. That’s not fun, but you can’t run and hide from it.’’

On a personal level, Daniels roots for each traded pitcher to do well with his new club. The Rangers built relationships with those players during their time in the organization. Hendricks’ parents work at Angel Stadium of Anaheim and seek out Daniels each time he visits.

On a professional level, Daniels at times winces when those players do well elsewhere.

“It’s not fun to read about the guys that we traded away having success,” Daniels said. “But you have to be willing to give up talent to get talent.”

That is why teams call Daniels when trade season arrives. The Rangers are willing to trade now and deal with the consequences later.
Our acquisitions this summer will be the guys off the DL. Though I would like to see JD replenish the farm system somehow if he could.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our acquisitions this summer will be the guys off the DL. Though I would like to see JD replenish the farm system somehow if he could.

As of right now, the only guy I could see us "potentially" moving is Rios. But it's a long way to that point I think.

I kind of thought the last line in the DMN article was a little swipe at JD. You?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be nice if the writer of this article took the 5 minutes necessary to research that Tommy Hunter is no longer Baltimore's closer... Zach Britton is.

Just more proof that you don't have to follow the sport closely to be a writer.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JPA won't be an issue this series. Sent to RoundRock and Gimenez called up!

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I liked this lineup (minus Elvis @ 2)....

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake
Tue. vs. SEA: Martin 8, Andrus 6, Choo 7, Beltre 5, Fielder dh, Rios 9, Moreland 3, Chirinos 2, Odor 4, Lewis. 1.

But then I saw this...

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake
New lineup: Robertson 8, Andrus 6, Choo 7, Beltre 5, Rios 9, Moreland 3, Choice dh, Chirinos 2, Odor 4, Lewis 1.

And its b/c of this.

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake
Martin has been scratched with a stiff neck and Fielder was scratched with lingering weakness behind left shoulder.

So now there's this.

Anthony Andro ‏@aandro
Asked about his concern for Prince Fielder, Rangers GM Jon Daniels said "medium."

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alsooooooooo..........

And Tanner has been told he's going to rehab as a reliever...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at tonight's game. Should be interesting to see if I can stomach 9 straight innings of this offense! I wish King Felix was pitching tonight. Oh well should be fun anyway.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JPA won't be an issue this series. Sent to RoundRock and Gimenez called up!

Wow.....thanks for the info.....wasn't paying attention.

Ya know, I seriously hope this is good for all parties. And I bet ya, this isn't the last we've seen of JPA.

Go ahead and heap the shit on my head. But I think this guy can be a contributor to not only this team, but A team aspiring for a WS.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at tonight's game. Should be interesting to see if I can stomach 9 straight innings of this offense! I wish King Felix was pitching tonight. Oh well should be fun anyway.
Enjoy the game, nightcrawler. Win or lose I hope it's a good game for you and yours.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad about Ross and Scheppers. I had a feeling on Tanner as I ventured a guess yesterday. I wasn't sure on Ross, but it looks like Baker/Saunders for awhile. Let's hope Baker keeps us in ball games so we don't have to use Saunders....ever

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if the writer of this article took the 5 minutes necessary to research that Tommy Hunter is no longer Baltimore's closer... Zach Britton is.

Just more proof that you don't have to follow the sport closely to be a writer.

This all you got from reading all this? Really? OK....then.................

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had. Done this morning and went according to procedure. Well, at least our 2015 looks like in good hands.

yeah, looking for the fast recovery (just because he's young) 12-18 months is typical.

now maybe they can figure a way to get 3 above average years from Fielder, and one okay year...that would work.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daniels did the right thing, no question. We had a good chance.