• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Pizza Night....It's Pizza Night

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Detroit a bunch and the only time I found any good "Detroit-style" pizza anywhere near there is in Ann Arbor. I swear people are just putting it on a perch because they like the style, not actual pizza in the city. The best Detroit-style pizzas I've had were in Toronto and Seattle.

There is no "great" pizza in California.

Bianco's in Phoenix was actually fantastic.

They're bang on re: NYC. A lot of the shops there are crap, especially in Manhattan. They do still have the best pizza in America though - Lucali's is worth whatever effort you make to get in.

North Jersey overall has the best pizza in the US.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Detroit a bunch and the only time I found any good "Detroit-style" pizza anywhere near there is in Ann Arbor. I swear people are just putting it on a perch because they like the style, not actual pizza in the city. The best Detroit-style pizzas I've had were in Toronto and Seattle.

There is no "great" pizza in California.

Bianco's in Phoenix was actually fantastic.

They're bang on re: NYC. A lot of the shops there are crap, especially in Manhattan. They do still have the best pizza in America though - Lucali's is worth whatever effort you make to get in.

North Jersey overall has the best pizza in the US.
I also do not get the Detroit thing, but I never was a fan of thicker pizza. There is a place here in Columbus that was founded in Detroit and their tagline is "The best Detroit-style pizza on the planet" and I always think that's like being the shiniest car in the junkyard.

And I disagree with the assessment about California. There is a place in Berkley and San Fran called Blondie's. Amazing. Most everything else, yeah I agree with you.
If Hartford truly is the 2nd best pizza city in America, that's all the more reason to bring back the Whalers.
I am not sure how close New Haven is to Hartford and I am too lazy to look it up, but a friend of mine claims Sally's in New Haven is a religious level experience. He actually drives up there (from Baltimore) 2 times a year just to get it. They opened in 1938 and could very well be the first pizza joint in the US.

02+Two+Big+Ones.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I disagree with the assessment about California. There is a place in Berkley and San Fran called Blondie's. Amazing. Most everything else, yeah I agree with you.
I didn't eat any pizza in San Fran but I did in Santa Barbara and San Diego and while the SB one was ok the SD one was disappointing and it was supposedly one of their best. I dunno. Cali does tacos and BBQ and all types of other shit well, can't be perfect.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from an emergency trip to Kingston ON. Went a couple of times to a nice spot downtown called Wooden Heads. Wooden Heads | Enjoy Gourmet Pizza In Downtown Kingston

Pizza was quite good, we went for the Purlisi which had mortadella (Mrs BGD choice). That was a first for me.

Interesting beer selection, including a local brew from Bath, MacKinnon Brothers Brewery. I had the Red Fox Ale, which was outstanding. Brewed with beets of all things so had the red colour, definitely could smell the beets but the taste was very subtle.

1699909919291.jpeg

Hope I never have to go back to Kingston, but would recommend it to anyone in town.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on my sister's phone:
images (1).jpeg
Waiting until she falls asleep to see if she got a tattoo she hasn't told me about....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on the dark web wtf?
ccb9-Pizzeria-Pizza-Slut-photo.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Found this on the dark web wtf?
View attachment 359555
pfft. call me when there is pineapple.

also, i am concerned for her health during the baking process.
i ate sushi off a nude lady at a party in Venice once.
my wife was with me, so i had to be very careful where i got the soy sauce from.