• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Daks world

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just lucky to live in it.

DodgerLou82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy living in Daks world because it will end the next time the Cowboys play. Right now, they are 5-1 under Dak and as soon as Romo starts and finishes the season, their record will be 8-8. Romo is finished by that friggin idiot Jerry Jones will let him play as long as he stays healthy. They stand an excellent chance of going to the Super Bowl if Dak continues to play.

Reactions: GNG

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy living in Daks world because it will end the next time the Cowboys play. Right now, they are 5-1 under Dak and as soon as Romo starts and finishes the season, their record will be 8-8. Romo is finished by that friggin idiot Jerry Jones will let him play as long as he stays healthy. They stand an excellent chance of going to the Super Bowl if Dak continues to play.
Opinions everywhere. Now I agree Romo will be under center soon, but I don't see a Romo led team going 3 - 7, and if he even starts to go down that road he'll be pulled.

Xander

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,545.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo should stay benched until he FULLY recovers. That's why he keeps getting hurt. They (read Romo Too) won't let him rest long enough. I'm waiting to see what is going to happen when he returns as well.

If Romo can stay healthy, with this Offensive line that we have right now, I think he could go all the way. I also think that with Dak they could go all the way as well. As a Dallas fan this sucks....the waiting.

However, if Romo gets hurt again, than they need to just finish out the season with Dak.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorry I missed your first 4 posts

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why Dak Prescott's transition from college to the Cowboys is going so well
The playbook was much more similar than anyone could have expected

No one could have foreseen the success Dak Prescott's had in the NFL. When Tony Romo went down, the Cowboys looked doomed because they were hinging their hopes on a rookie fourth-round pick. Instead Prescott's made a very good case for rookie of the year and is borderline in the MVP conversation.

The transition he made from Mississippi State, where he rushed 504 times in his final three years, to Dallas, where he's rushed 20 times in six games and completed over 68 percent of his passes with just one interception, has been remarkable.

Maybe it should have been more obvious. Because according Prescott, in an interview with CBS Sports for the latest edition of the Roughing the Passer Podcast (subscribe on iTunes here), the playbook in Dallas is surprisingly similar to his playbook at Mississippi State and it's a misconception that what he ran with the Bulldogs is different than what he runs with the Cowboys.

"Our passing game in college was pretty much the exact same that it is in the NFL. The only difference is I go under center sometimes. I was very fortunate to come in and get the playbook and just look at the plays and being able to connect them to plays we ran in college. So that worked well for me. Working from under center, doing things I wasn't asked to do in college, is just a testament to how hard my coaches -- Coach [Jason] Garrett, Coach [Scott] Linehan, Coach [Wade] Wilson -- from the time I got here, just planting the things in my head that I need to focus on getting back away from center, staying balanced in my throws ... great coaching."

dak-prescott.jpg

After a one-point loss to the Giants in Week 1, Prescott and the Cowboys have won five straight. USATSI
Prescott, who appeared on behalf of Buffalo Wild Wings for his work with the Boys & Girls Club of America (see video below), also said flatly that "lot of our plays now are plays we ran at Mississippi State" and pointed to a crossover between Mullen and his current offensive coordinator Linehan.

As it turns out, the similarities should have been more obvious. According to Urban Meyer, in a 2012 interview with 11 Warriors, he and Mullen, back when Meyer was the wide receivers coach for Notre Dame, went and studied John L. Smith and Linehan's offense at Louisville.

Meyer said he was "enamored" with the offense.

In 1999, Dan Mullen was my GA at Notre Dame. John L. Smith was the coach at Louisville and Scott Linehan was the offensive coordinator. I started watching them on film and said I want to go study them. He said sure go ahead. We ended up staying four days and had to go buy a toothbrush. I was so enamored with the style of play.

So Prescott, the self-proclaimed "smartest quarterback" in the 2016 draft class, is spot on when it comes to his NFL coaching history.

What's fascinating about this is that there are often times situations where NFL teams implement plays from a college quarterback's college playbook in order to make him more comfortable. That hasn't been the case with Prescott, who just worked his way into the Cowboys offense seamlessly.

"No it's just how it worked out with where I landed," Prescott said. "From Day 1 when I go into camp, as the third-string guy, the plays were very similar and a lot we did in college. So I just lucked up on that behalf."

Listen to the full Prescott interview below and subscribe to the Roughing the Passer Podcast on iTunes here.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo should stay benched until he FULLY recovers. That's why he keeps getting hurt. They (read Romo Too) won't let him rest long enough. I'm waiting to see what is going to happen when he returns as well.

If Romo can stay healthy, with this Offensive line that we have right now, I think he could go all the way. I also think that with Dak they could go all the way as well. As a Dallas fan this sucks....the waiting.

However, if Romo gets hurt again, than they need to just finish out the season with Dak.
One big problem with this. As a cowboy fan I disagree this sucks. This is frigging. Awesome...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One big problem with this. As a cowboy fan I disagree this sucks. This is frigging. Awesome...

Exactly, the alternative is the Jets battling to see who sucks less, Geno or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Xander

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,545.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are awesome!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really love about this is the misdirection.

All the attention is on the QB's, yet on game day you get steamed rolled by a running game.

Xander

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,545.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit or not, my wife doesn't bother me when I'm in here

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions everywhere. Now I agree Romo will be under center soon, but I don't see a Romo led team going 3 - 7, and if he even starts to go down that road he'll be pulled.
Romo is brittle and should stay on the bench unless Dak gets injured.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy to disagree with you. I'd like to see if 2014 Tony is still here, if not having a brittle backup i's the last thing I'd want.
Tony is 36 and his body is wearing down. I don't think he can take the constant pounding anymore.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony is 36 and his body is wearing down. I don't think he can take the constant pounding anymore.

Again, Id like to know for sure. IF, yes big it's a big word, but if he can play like he did in 2014 I want him out there, if he plays and it looks as though he done, put Dak back in.