• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's a privilege to live in Texas (tonight anyways)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is on my TV schedule tonight - I will just have to suffer through - Texan broadcasters. You used to be able to simulcast the radio broadcast with the TV picture - but some prick bhastards have fixed the system so you can't do that anymore.

I'm looking forward to the following:

1) What is Peyton going to look like in the Kubiak offenseJ Anyone else notice - Peyton Manning is not at the center of Bronco PR and news reports any longer? The Broncos - very intelligently - have taken steps to take pressure off Peyton Manning.

2) The run game - if the Broncos continue to establish an Oline that relishes the run game - and in the immortal words of Louis Vasquez - guys who like feeling the soul ooze out of the opposition in the 4th quarter - would make Peyton Manning so awesome on the play fake. This would make Peyton Manning more efficient and less at risk.

3) Playing Defense - I fully expect an attacking defense all season long - it has been promised a lot more than it has been carried out while I've been a Bronco (since the beginning). You have to disrupt offensive - not necessarily stop them. A take away or a punt from deep in the opposing teams own zone - are much more - statistically - reliable indicators that coalesce with winning football games. Playing an attacking defense inevitably leads to occasional big plays against the defense - in that case you need guys who can run down ball carriers and make the tackle preventing TD. I expect watching the Defense will be fun - and hiring Wade Phillips will turn out to be a brilliant accident.

4. Love seeing the coming stars of the future - what a great privilege it was to see guys like Karl Mecklenburg, Steve Atwater - Luis Wright, Billy Thompson - Chris Harris Jr and Terrell Davis - burst on to the scene - just to name a few. I love it when - unlikely guys on the roster - turn out to be stars - this - I suppose it's because I can identify with them. There are a bunch of those guys on this roster right now -very talented guys waiting for a chance.

5. James Casey - Watch this guy block - he is an enthusiastic mauler. On one of Hillman's runs - Casey just brutalized the linebacker and then pancaked him. As a fan - I want to see guys who are enthusiastic about playing - I'm going to really love watching Casey. Speaking of Casey - Joe Dun Duncan - I want to see him block too - from what I read he his also a big time mauler.

6. When the Kubiak offense is working at high efficiency - it is because the defense becomes confused about whether the guy running toward them - or the guy they are responsible for - is going to try to lay a block on them - or is he going to get an opportunity to catch the ball. The defender can not prepare himself for both things - he has to choose - when he chooses wrong - the offense gets an explosive play. The Broncos will have the ability to put multiple guys lined up in multiple ways - who can put this dile mma into the mind of multiple defenders on different parts of the field at the same time. I'll be watching for that.

7. Special Teams - 1/3 of every game and we have yet to be offered any proof the Broncos can execute on Special Teams - especially against the return. Why do other teams sign guys who are fast, shifty and can hold onto the ball? Come on John - send your drunken scouts out to find that guy!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I broke down and bought the NFL Game Pass. I like going back and watching the plays to see it a little closer than just first time through. So thankfully I still will get to watch it live even though I am not in the area. IT does stink though to have to always listen to the away announcers talk. The worst game I have had to endure that way was that of last year against the Chiefs in the first game. It just so happened the radio station I found on my drive (my wife's grandma wasn't doing well so had to make an emergency 7 hour drive to go see her) was that of the Chiefs. Every big play where they would get excited I kept having to remind myself they were Chiefs announcers. Anyway we won that game but if you had listened to these guys talk you would have thought the Chiefs won by 40. They spent half the time complaining about the officials and how they were just wanting the Broncos to win.

As for tonight's game good list. I especially like the shout out to James Casey. I think he is going to be one of those unsung heroes of the team this year. He is going to do the little things that make a huge difference. Every coach that has had him as raved about the kid and just how hard he works and how he gives his all every game. Seems like this year we have a little more of that type of mentality on the team of just going full out. I loved the attitude of our defense last week. They were on attack mode all game long to the very end. Del Rio would have shut that down at half time and went prevent costing us the game eventually.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retire to Colorado. There are close to 365 days a year that it's a privilege to live here! ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retire to Colorado. There are close to 365 days a year that it's a privilege to live here! ;)

I keep trying to convince my wife that our next move should be to Colorado. She keeps saying she wants to live next to the ocean for our next move. I told her once you see the ocean once you've seen pretty much the whole thing. We can climb the Rockies all the time and discover new places.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the WR Smoke screen come back tonight ... I am also hoping to see Taylor to catch one Football because they are hiding him IMO . They must think he is a year off but don't want to show to much of him .. With Fowler going to make the team . They must think he is PS material and don't want film on him .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the WR Smoke screen come back tonight ... I am also hoping to see Taylor to catch one Football because they are hiding him IMO . They must think he is a year off but don't want to show to much of him .. With Fowler going to make the team . They must think he is PS material and don't want film on him .
Catbaloo! I think that's how they spelled it. Was big favor of mine when I was a kid. Lee Marvin and he played two roles. Drunk and the " twang twang" noise when he was the gunslinger with the iron nose deally. Great avatar.Brought back some good times.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgo is a guy I think we need to watch. There isn't much depth behind Sly and with Austin gone, we need a big body to step up.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George - Medicare age - which I will hopefully achieve in late November 2017.
I know your age - and you are eligible for Medicare in November 2016!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catbaloo! I think that's how they spelled it. Was big favor of mine when I was a kid. Lee Marvin and he played two roles. Drunk and the " twang twang" noise when he was the gunslinger with the iron nose deally. Great avatar.Brought back some good times.

Thanks I could not remember if this was the move with Clint Eastwood or Catbaloo ...I love him crazy for sure

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just going through your list...

1) Didn't really get to see much of this. Manning played mostly in the Shot Gun so hard to get any idea of what is going on.

2) The team averaged something like 5.8 yards per carry with the 1st string OL in the game. I would say this is probably the most promising thing that came out of this game.

3) Well I would say they were an attacking defense once again. They had 5 sacks and only gave up I think 3 points this game. Some guys really established themselves in this one like Kilgo and Barrett both showing up huge.

4) Saw some young guys really step up in this one. Brandon Marshall for his first game back since surgery was flying all over the field. He looks like the perfect field general for us. Maybe we have finally found our Al Wilson replacement. Only took us like 10 years. Also saw some great things from guys like Kilgo as I mentioned and I do think we are seeing a star being born in Shane Ray. If he can stay healthy I think he could be a great compliment to Von Miller and these two guys for the next 5 years can wreak havoc.

5) Casey did not look so good in this one. He had a really bad droop and honestly the TE's in this game just did not do themselves any favors. There were some drops and some major drive killing penalties by this group.

6) The team kept things pretty vanilla in this one on offense. Some variations but looks like they are keeping the main bulk of what they are going to do for the season.

7) Well what can we say? Special Teams looked better but really could they have looked any worse than last week? I did like the coverage units as they did seem a lot more disciplined in holding their lanes. Punter still seems to be a position that is going to be pretty weak whoever wins the job and returner doesn't look like we have that dynamic guy that can flip the field.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgo is a guy I think we need to watch. There isn't much depth behind Sly and with Austin gone, we need a big body to step up.
And very encouraging signs tonight. Of course that was against other 2nd teamers, but he certainly created havoc.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just going through your list...

1) Didn't really get to see much of this. Manning played mostly in the Shot Gun so hard to get any idea of what is going on.

2) The team averaged something like 5.8 yards per carry with the 1st string OL in the game. I would say this is probably the most promising thing that came out of this game.

3) Well I would say they were an attacking defense once again. They had 5 sacks and only gave up I think 3 points this game. Some guys really established themselves in this one like Kilgo and Barrett both showing up huge.

4) Saw some young guys really step up in this one. Brandon Marshall for his first game back since surgery was flying all over the field. He looks like the perfect field general for us. Maybe we have finally found our Al Wilson replacement. Only took us like 10 years. Also saw some great things from guys like Kilgo as I mentioned and I do think we are seeing a star being born in Shane Ray. If he can stay healthy I think he could be a great compliment to Von Miller and these two guys for the next 5 years can wreak havoc.

5) Casey did not look so good in this one. He had a really bad droop and honestly the TE's in this game just did not do themselves any favors. There were some drops and some major drive killing penalties by this group.

6) The team kept things pretty vanilla in this one on offense. Some variations but looks like they are keeping the main bulk of what they are going to do for the season.

7) Well what can we say? Special Teams looked better but really could they have looked any worse than last week? I did like the coverage units as they did seem a lot more disciplined in holding their lanes. Punter still seems to be a position that is going to be pretty weak whoever wins the job and returner doesn't look like we have that dynamic guy that can flip the field.

Yes CD - Casey was a disappointment with his drop.

I thought the use of Peyton Manning was very interesting - because it was so bland. If Manning has 35 passing TDs in this offense - I'd be surprised, but the Broncos will benefit. I thought he looked good - he had some drops and penalties that hurt.

I've seen enough proof that the oline will spring the Bronco RBs repeatedly in this offense.

It was an attacking defense - that was good too.

Hillman looks great.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes CD - Casey was a disappointment with his drop.

I thought the use of Peyton Manning was very interesting - because it was so bland. If Manning has 35 passing TDs in this offense - I'd be surprised, but the Broncos will benefit. I thought he looked good - he had some drops and penalties that hurt.

I've seen enough proof that the oline will spring the Bronco RBs repeatedly in this offense.

It was an attacking defense - that was good too.

Hillman looks great.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was bland on purpose.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree WalkBoh

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only worry after this game was Run D ...it was not there IMO....and Von looked human ..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Peyton looked good. Casey and DT dropped easy balls that would have been 1st downs and kept drives alive. Who knows if they would have scored but they were driving and Peyton and the O was getting in a rhythm both times. Clearly was no fault of Mannings on 2 of the 4 drives for sure.I liked what I've seen of this young O-line so far and I think sky is not the limit for this team this yr to be very,very good. Health is a factor still but more optimistic with the depth this yr than I've ever been if a injury occurred.