• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It was long past due

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What guy?

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my theory on my hockey is not popular enough is because people like to be the coach. they like to say things like, he should have done this or that. it is tougher to understand the basica stradegy of hockey more than the other sports. football is pretty easy since even casual fans even know what to expect on most plays. basketball is made of pretty simple plays and people understand the obvious goal of getting a ball in a hoop everytime they are in the offensive zone. baseball can be more complicated although not as tough as hockey.

in hockey the goal of every shift is to not always score. well it is although people do not grasp things like chipping the puck in to get a line change. or even what offsides and delayed offsides is. they think the guys are just chasing a puck around. sometimes it does get chaotic although most of the times you know what somebody is trying to do. they need to understand the basic stradegy and what teams do to score goals and not just watch the goals themselves.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What guy?

thatguy.png

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm just a Ravens fan, I could care less about the Orioles.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Well, I guess you were close. I once was a die-hard Browns fan, then once they moved to Baltimore I stuck with the to become a Ravens fan, and I'm glad. Or else I'd still be suffering like the rest of the Browns fans.

Ny Bandwaggon radar just went haywire.....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my theory on my hockey is not popular enough is because people like to be the coach. they like to say things like, he should have done this or that. it is tougher to understand the basica stradegy of hockey more than the other sports. football is pretty easy since even casual fans even know what to expect on most plays. basketball is made of pretty simple plays and people understand the obvious goal of getting a ball in a hoop everytime they are in the offensive zone. baseball can be more complicated although not as tough as hockey.

in hockey the goal of every shift is to not always score. well it is although people do not grasp things like chipping the puck in to get a line change. or even what offsides and delayed offsides is. they think the guys are just chasing a puck around. sometimes it does get chaotic although most of the times you know what somebody is trying to do. they need to understand the basic stradegy and what teams do to score goals and not just watch the goals themselves.

Speaking as a guy teaching his 7 year old son the rules and flow of the game, I can attest to this. It takes a lot to explain the game and it sometimes doesn't seem to make sense as I am explaining it.

I imagine it's somewhat like teaching someone who does not speak English natively how to speak it. Eventually, it all makes sense, but some of the rules do seem weird. Just gotta stay with it.

Icing = I before E rule.

falconski

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Want to talk about stoppages watch the last two minutes of a basketball game, totally unwatchable garbage.

the first 58 minutes aren't totally unwatchable garbage?

when did this happen?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoppages? STOPPAGES??? Don't talk to me about stoppages!! Look at the stoppages in the NFL or MLB! Stoppages??!??

or the NBA.

Why do we care what this jiz receptacle says about hockey??? Fuck him.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the NBA.

Why do we care what this jiz receptacle says about hockey??? Fuck him.
I don't care, I just wanted to imitate the Jim Mora "playoffs" rant. :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care, I just wanted to imitate the Jim Mora "playoffs" rant. :)

I know. That Coors commercial with that in it cracked me up too. :D

(..and I was aiming at Dash's original post with my comment.)