• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It sure feels like we need to enter or have entered rebuild mode

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Recognize the fact the drafting Brady was not a stroke of genius it was shit luck.
Dick Rehbein wanted him in the 3rd Round and threatened to quit. Rehbein forced BB to get lucky.

2. Trade away quality near end of cycle vets for draft picks.
This is a must. Guys like Thuney and Gilmore will get very high picks. If BB offered them to Rocketman (Patricia, he'd get the Lions #1 and #2

3. Trade away positions of great wealth (RB) for draft picks.
Only if the picks were #3 or above. Brady has said that he would love to have James White only problem is that Bucs third rounder will be in the 90s.

4. Tank a few more games to move up the draft chart.
If BB doesn't make a few moves the pats might be in the top five anyway. Tanking won't be necessary.

5. Trade away our round one pick for picks in rounds two and three.
I'd agree if he traded what might be a top 10 for a laqte #1 (#22 through #30) and A 2ND (#44 THRU #60)

6. Hire a WRs coach / scout that has a proven track record.
Troy Brown is already on the staff. I would imagine that he can or will do that.

7. Give the youth / future some quality playing time let them show their mettle.
The defense is is pretty young except the McCourtys. O Line is getting some time. Give Stidham a start and not mop-up.
Solid contribution.

The only contention I have is whether or not Troy could be a good WR coach. Here's the flaw... it's hard to teach what Troy excelled at and it grew with his experience. How do you how good someone can be once they get experience under their belt... until they have experience under their belt. Troy won with grit, guile and an ability to stay connected to details as a play developed... As we like to say around he, he knew to zag just as others began to zig.

With that said, those abilities translate across the field and includes the importance of being well prepared, bring it every practice, persevering even (especially) when being benched, and making opportunities count.

Is there a better Troy Brown moment than him receiving so many passes from Bledsoe, then connecting with him once more... while playing db and Bledsoe QBing the Bills? Maybe a few?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it goes down to the game planning of late. Why they don’t run the ball more, for example. The offense is bad because the game plans are too rigid. This goes back a few years. Sure some game plans were brilliant, but others were atrocious because of stubbornness.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we signed Cam, I thought it was a solid move. Maybe there was a reason that 31 other teams didn’t want him? Belichick obviously felt Stidham wasn’t ready. Cam has set us back a year. Do they give Stidham playing time soon? Do they wait until next year? Do they draft a QB or sign a soon to be free agent? It starts with getting a QB. Can’t win without one. How many average WR’s did Brady look good? Teams don’t respect Cams arm. They load the box and Cams running and our RB’s can’t do anything. SOMEHOW FIND A QB.

I’m fine with trading players for upcoming picks. Not sure the implications of trading Gilmore, but if he can get us the best picks than do it. I’m fine with Jonathan Jones and JC Jackson as our starting DB’s.

RB’s are a dime a dozen. I don’t see a team giving up 2nd 3rd or 4th rounders for any of our guys.

We have a solid O-line. I know it’s not easy.....but find that QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it goes down to the game planning of late. Why they don’t run the ball more, for example. The offense is bad because the game plans are too rigid. This goes back a few years. Sure some game plans were brilliant, but others were atrocious because of stubbornness.
I really believe that the game plans suck because Cam can't make all the available plays.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe that the game plans suck because Cam can't make all the available plays.
That may be a very legit point, I hadn't considered it like that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gilmore going to be traded?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the pope shit in the woods?

What was the point of this post? Gilmore has had rumors that the Patriots were looking to possibly trade him

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they lose this week, we start seeing action, when is deadline?
"That deadline is rapidly approaching, coming Tuesday, Nov. 3 at 4 p.m."

That would be Tuesday.
Unless covid delays the game this weekend, we should trade half the team on Monday, if not sooner before the buyers have all bought.
FIRE SALE!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That deadline is rapidly approaching, coming Tuesday, Nov. 3 at 4 p.m."

That would be Tuesday.
Unless covid delays the game this weekend, we should trade half the team on Monday, if not sooner before the buyers have all bought.
FIRE SALE!
Yeah if they lose Sunday I think teams are on the phone

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the pope shit in the woods?

What was the point of this post? Gilmore has had rumors that the Patriots were looking to possibly trade him
My guess is: the point of the post is nothing more than taking an opportunity to post something dumb for a laugh, though only those (like me) with an appreciation for dry humor will agree and laugh too.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm terribly sorry for the next post.