• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It is now Sept 2014 the Thursday night opening game and the opponent is ?

Which opponent do you want to open next season against?

• San Francisco

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Denver

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Green Bay

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GreenBay unfinished business like said above and hopefully it is at their house to end the debate.

I agree. It would be a really solid opening game of the season.

Also imagine if JerMichael Finley signs with the Seahawks this off season. Think he's just floating the Seattle thing out there to motivate the $$$ from GB. But still, if he did, Oh baby would the GB packer fans want some blood.

From an interview with him a few days ago:

“I mean there’s a couple of teams I would love and would be on the first flight out to play with but like I said the Packers are going to come at me with something and I’m going to go to them first and see what they’ve got and if it’s not I would love to be on the first flight out to good old Seattle,” Finley said.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely want the Thursday Night game to be Denver. It's extremely rare for the NFL to have the opportunity of opening up with a Super Bowl rematch and they need to take advantage of it. It would be a fantastic way to kick start the season.

GreenBay unfinished business like said above and hopefully it is at their house to end the debate.

Green Bay will be playing in Seattle next season.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep might as well get the Green Bay one over with. Some of their fans keep making excuses about injuries so a season opener should be their best shot to battle with a full squad.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely want the Thursday Night game to be Denver. It's extremely rare for the NFL to have the opportunity of opening up with a Super Bowl rematch and they need to take advantage of it. It would be a fantastic way to kick start the season.

Green Bay will be playing in Seattle next season.

Crap you are right,i have no idea why it is on the poll then?:noidea:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap you are right,i have no idea why it is on the poll then?:noidea:

The reason it is on the poll is because the Super Bowl Champion always opens the next season at home on Thursday night well except for last years mess up with Baltimore.

Since Seattle has home games against Green Bay, Denver and San Fran my guess it will be one of those 3 at Seattle to open the season if that makes sense to you. The NFL wants a good opening game and these 3 teams on the Seattle home schedule seem to be the best options unless you have other ideas.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona and Stl aren't as sexy of picks, but might be better football teams then a few of the ones mentioned. just sayin.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason it is on the poll is because the Super Bowl Champion always opens the next season at home on Thursday night well except for last years mess up with Baltimore.

Since Seattle has home games against Green Bay, Denver and San Fran my guess it will be one of those 3 at Seattle to open the season if that makes sense to you. The NFL wants a good opening game and these 3 teams on the Seattle home schedule seem to be the best options unless you have other ideas.

There were discussing this on the radio and it could be up to six teams and the Mariners are playing away i believe so.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to play SF. Always good to give them an early lose!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the only one with zero chance of happening is the raiders. Probably won't be St. Louis or Arizona although I agree those are good match ups. The giants and cowboys aren't great teams but are media darlings and nfl could drool at the thought if one of them in there. However I think the three choices in the poll are the mist likely.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the sexy choice, but I always love beating the crap out of Romo and the Cowboys. My wife and I want to fly up and catch the first game to see the ring ceremony, so I dont care who it is really.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the sexy choice, but I always love beating the crap out of Romo and the Cowboys. My wife and I want to fly up and catch the first game to see the ring ceremony, so I dont care who it is really.

I could go for a beat down of the Cowboys, that never gets old.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray to god we don't play the niners week 1. Even with Kaepernick's pee-sized brain, if he has all offseason to prep for a game he and his coaches will be able to scheme some good offensive plays. Kaep looked like a future hall of famer in week 1, putting up 412 yards and a completion percentage of 69%. The rest of the season he only averaged 185 yards and a 57% completion percentage.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray to god we don't play the niners week 1. Even with Kaepernick's pee-sized brain, if he has all offseason to prep for a game he and his coaches will be able to scheme some good offensive plays. Kaep looked like a future hall of famer in week 1, putting up 412 yards and a completion percentage of 69%. The rest of the season he only averaged 185 yards and a 57% completion percentage.

Kap sucks in Seattle and that trend will probably continue. I think this defense wants to get back at him quickly because of his comments made before the Super Bowl. This D is scared of those Niners WR's :laugh3:

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap sucks in Seattle and that trend will probably continue. I think this defense wants to get back at him quickly because of his comments made before the Super Bowl. This D is scared of those Niners WR's :laugh3:
I would much rather play in San Fran either week 3 or 4 so they have to worry about two teams before us before we play. Then end the season with them in week 17 at home

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather play in San Fran either week 3 or 4 so they have to worry about two teams before us before we play. Then end the season with them in week 17 at home

I don't like the idea of ending the season playing you guys. 1. The season might be locked up making the game meaningless 2. This is a game that will be physically taxing for both team, with a lot of injury possibility (as seen before). I know we gotta end playing a divisional game, just don't think a Seattle SF is the right call for the last game..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of ending the season playing you guys. 1. The season might be locked up making the game meaningless 2. This is a game that will be physically taxing for both team, with a lot of injury possibility (as seen before). I know we gotta end playing a divisional game, just don't think a Seattle SF is the right call for the last game..

I don't think the schedulers would do that since they want to market both teams. I could see both games in prime time with the second game being played around week 12 to week 15 which could determine the NFCW.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see both games in prime time with the second game being played around week 12 to week 15 which could determine the NFCW.
I really think FOX will scrap and claw to keep at least one of these games if they can. Keep in mind Fox has lost 3 of the last 4 Hawk/Niner games the last two years. Two to Sunday night football and one to Thursday Night. One reason I think this matchup will be avoided the 1st week.

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Peyton's ass back down there on the grid at the C-link :lol:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think FOX will scrap and claw to keep at least one of these games if they can. Keep in mind Fox has lost 3 of the last 4 Hawk/Niner games the last two years. Two to Sunday night football and one to Thursday Night. One reason I think this matchup will be avoided the 1st week.

That's probably right on point. I guess putting Denver up first would draw high ratings and to go along with that a massive amount of story lines.