• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Isaiah Thomas' injury is potentially far more serious than you know

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought he was fine and the Cavs were scum for taking their time to evaluate. :rolleyes2:
It went down very oddly. secret meetings in italy, wic getting involved...and hes never in that sorta stuff.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went down very oddly. secret meetings in italy, wic getting involved...and hes never in that sorta stuff.
itll be just that much more satisfying when LeBron and Isiah embarrass the Celtics again in the spring for the 3rd year in a row.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itll be just that much more satisfying when LeBron and Isiah embarrass the Celtics again in the spring.
like the celtics used to embarrass lebron...

cyclical

this celtics team is vastly improved over last years over valued one. entirely new team basically, with a legit sniper entering his prime.

we havent had a guy like that since pierce...someoene who can create his own shot, and isnt afraid of the lights.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cyclical

this celtics team is vastly improved over last years over valued one. entirely new team basically, with a legit sniper entering his prime.

we havent had a guy like that since pierce...someoene who can create his own shot, and isnt afraid of the lights.

one thing for sure. this'll be an interesting story between these 2 teams during the season...

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cyclical

Kyrie and LeBron are going to be going at eachothers throats in this game thats for sure.

I honestly think LeBron will make an MVP push this year. I think he wants to show everyone out there he is still The King and that losing Kyrie is no sweat off his ass- even if it really is.

I think LeBron gets his 5th MVP this year, his 4th ring, and becomes ARGUABLY the GOAT.

I think this team will get rid of guys like Shumpert and Irving who are more out for themselves and their brand--- and have everyone on the same page.

I dont think everyone was on the same page last year- ESPECIALLY hearing all the rumblings about Kyrie not even talking to teammates during the playoffs.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and LeBron are going to be going at eachothers throats in this game thats for sure.

I honestly think LeBron will make an MVP push this year. I think he wants to show everyone out there he is still The King and that losing Kyrie is no sweat off his ass- even if it really is.

I think LeBron gets his 5th MVP this year, his 4th ring, and becomes ARGUABLY the GOAT.

I think this team will get rid of guys like Shumpert and Irving who are more out for themselves and their brand--- and have everyone on the same page.

I dont think everyone was on the same page last year- ESPECIALLY hearing all the rumblings about Kyrie not even talking to teammates during the playoffs.
you will never convince me lebron is the GOAT, or most people of my generation. im 42. id take MJ 4 times over lebron.

not gonna argue it here.

his finals record has to be taken into consideration, regardless of dragging one bad team on his back.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will never convince me lebron is the GOAT, or most people of my generation. im 42. id take MJ 4 times over lebron.

not gonna argue it here.

his finals record has to be taken into consideration, regardless of dragging one bad team on his back.
I totally agree--- even if LeBron wins a 5th mvp and 4th title- people will say Jordan is better and will definitely be justified in their opinion.

Im just saying LeBron will open that door to an argument in about 9 short months.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree--- even if LeBron wins a 5th mvp and 4th title- people will say Jordan is better and will definitely be justified in their opinion.

Im just saying LeBron will open that door to an argument in about 9 short months.
top 5-7 all time IMHO right now.

he plays in a ticky tacky era with finesse play and outside shooting rules the land.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he plays in a ticky tacky era with finesse play and outside shooting rules the land.
I obviously have him at #2 right now.

4 MVP's, 3 Finals MVP's, and being the games best player for longer than anyone else in the games history.

Kobe had that title for a while, before that prob Shaq, maybe Duncan for a while--- but no one has been as consistently great as LeBron for as long as Lebron has been great.

When you look at it seriously- its incredible that LeBron has been the best player in the league for AT LEAST 8 seasons- probably 9 seasons.

Having a reign like that as the leagues best for 9 years is simply unprecedented. The crazy thing is he might have another year or two at the top.

the King will be dethroned as the games best player at some point- that is inevitable- but no one in league history has had a run of sustained greatness like Lebron- not Jordan, not Magic, not Kareem.

Kareem might come closest but he wasnt the games best player for almost a decade.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously have him at #2 right now.

4 MVP's, 3 Finals MVP's, and being the games best player for longer than anyone else in the games history.

Kobe had that title for a while, before that prob Shaq, maybe Duncan for a while--- but no one has been as consistently great as LeBron for as long as Lebron has been great.

When you look at it seriously- its incredible that LeBron has been the best player in the league for AT LEAST 8 seasons- probably 9 seasons.

Having a reign like that as the leagues best for 9 years is simply unprecedented. The crazy thing is he might have another year or two at the top.

the King will be dethroned as the games best player at some point- that is inevitable- but no one in league history has had a run of sustained greatness like Lebron- not Jordan, not Magic, not Kareem.

Kareem might come closest but he wasnt the games best player for almost a decade.
if jordan didnt retire, he'd have had 11 in 12 years. his 17 games in his return were a joke. he barely shot 40%.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and anyone

regarding IT

can you imagine the spacing this guy is gonna see?

Its one of the things that makes me feel a little better about this trade---- the game is about to get a lot easier for IT- the easiest it has been in his entire career---- while for Kyrie- the picnic he has had having Lebron draw tons of attention away- and being surrounded by elite 3 pt shooters all over the place are over.

I am way higher on KYrie than most people - as i have him as right about the 15th best player in the league. But make no mistake--- its going to be Marcus Smart on the perimeter trying to draw defenses and not Kyle Korver--- its going to be Morris in htat corner instead of Kevin Love. Its going to be Gordon Hayward drawing attention away from Kyrie and not LeBron James. That matters.

Kyrie is going to thrive in Boston i think- he will be re-energized. But Kyrie is all about what is best for him. Thats cool- thats his right- but its the truth. And the game will not be as easy for him as it was with LeBron and co.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and anyone

regarding IT

can you imagine the spacing this guy is gonna see?

Its one of the things that makes me feel a little better about this trade---- the game is about to get a lot easier for IT- the easiest it has been in his entire career---- while for Kyrie- the picnic he has had having Lebron draw tons of attention away- and being surrounded by elite 3 pt shooters all over the place are over.

I am way higher on KYrie than most people - as i have him as right about the 15th best player in the league. But make no mistake--- its going to be Marcus Smart on the perimeter trying to draw defenses and not Kyle Korver--- its going to be Morris in htat corner instead of Kevin Love. Its going to be Gordon Hayward drawing attention away from Kyrie and not LeBron James. That matters.

Kyrie is going to thrive in Boston i think- he will be re-energized. But Kyrie is all about what is best for him. Thats cool- thats his right- but its the truth. And the game will not be as easy for him as it was with LeBron and co.
isiaih will flourish with lebron in terms of open shots, but his numbers are gonna really suffer...and hes playing for a deal.

do you think he will be happy dropping off to 18-20 ppg and being 2nd fiddle? he thrived on being the only guy here who could do anything.

not to mention hes out til at least the break..and has to shake off rust AND gel with the team.

this trade was a s bad as it gets for a guy like IT.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah you might be right--- but he DID retire.
yup, he did.

thats lebrons loophole

he has that "8 years" only because the guy whos the real GOAT retired in his prime to settle a bet.

thats gotta sting him a bit.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cyclical

Boom. And Wiggy knows.....he was praising Irving as clutch when he first came into the League from Duke.....and before James returned to Cleveland.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom. And Wiggy knows.....he was praising Irving as clutch when he first came into the League from Duke.....and before James returned to Cleveland.
i dont know if anyone in the NBA has taken more big shots in the last few years than kyrie.

hes has ice in his veins. i love that.

he will play some form of D here too. just being 6'3 trumps what IT could do defensively.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, he did.

thats lebrons loophole

he has that "8 years" only because the guy whos the real GOAT retired in his prime to settle a bet.

thats gotta sting him a bit.
sting who? Jordan?

its not LeBron's fault the guy quit basketball.