• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Trent Baalke Andy Reid 2.0

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
*Good at drafting defensive talent
*able to field really good teams that come up a bit short
*seemingly unwilling to make short-term moves to put the talent level over the top when the team's Super Bowl window is open
*Has a vastly overrated QB

I'm seeing some eerie similarities between this 49ers' team & the Eagles of the early to mid 2000's.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Kaep is overrated at all. He is a good QB but he will have to improve and win a SB to get over the hump to even be talked about in that next level.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing after the most recent NFC championship game

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively that Eagles team was very, very finesse, and relied entirely too much on the pass. That formula rarely worked in the playoffs. We're a run-first, power running team, which DOES work in the playoffs.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively that Eagles team was very, very finesse, and relied entirely too much on the pass. That formula rarely worked in the playoffs. We're a run-first, power running team, which DOES work in the playoffs.

Yeah, cuz it worked so well against Seattle?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a little tired of this, yes it was very disappointing to lose the last three years. I'm still not over it, and most of you guys don't have to live in Seattle while they celebrate their fucking championship season. But come on, we've had really good success the last three years and came up short, that doesn't mean Kaepernick is mediocre or Trent Baalke is Andy Reid, whatever the fuck that means.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a little tired of this, yes it was very disappointing to lose the last three years. I'm still not over it, and most of you guys don't have to live in Seattle while they celebrate their fucking championship season. But come on, we've had really good success the last three years and came up short, that doesn't mean Kaepernick is mediocre or Trent Baalke is Andy Reid, whatever the fuck that means.

I have to agree with you. People need to stop being cry baby bitches.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you. People need to stop being cry baby bitches.

This is exactly how we got this fucking "whiner" label.

We went from a perennial loser for almost a full decade, now we are a title contender every season under Harbaugh and Baalke, yet people can't stop bitching about the dumbest things. Baalke has a strategy in mind that will allow us to legitimately compete for a championship every season, yet that isn't good enough.

The funny thing is if he blows his load and sacrifice our future cap for a few high priced free agents, and we still don't win the superbowl, watch how many of these same people bitch and moan about him being a bad GM as we go right back into the basement.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cuz it worked so well against Seattle?

Yes, he clearly meant that if you have a power running game you are guranteed to win the Super Bowl. Tell us, what type of offense did Seattle run?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kaepernick isn't mediocre then he is a below average starting QB. He certainly isn't better than mediocre.

Sorry bro.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaepernick isn't mediocre then he is a below average starting QB. He certainly isn't better than mediocre.

Sorry bro.

You're better than this whysies. Kap is not an elite QB, but he is good. To get the next level, he needs to work on his footwork which I hope translates to better accuracy. He needs to work on his progressions so he can utilize the whole field. He is certainly not a mediocre QB. That's an absurd statement!

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're better than this whysies. Kap is not an elite QB, but he is good. To get the next level, he needs to work on his footwork which I hope translates to better accuracy. He needs to work on his progressions so he can utilize the whole field. He is certainly not a mediocre QB. That's an absurd statement!

Not going to go into it but all depends on your definition of the words "good" and "mediocre." There's a lot of QBs I think played the position better than Kap last year all things considered and I would put him solidly in the middle of the pack when it comes to starting QBs (again, all things considered).

Would love to see him take more than a couple steps up this year, especially if we hitch our future to him.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His running ability is his only saving grace. If not for that there would be no question he is a mediocre QB.

I want to make my position clear. I dont criticize Kaep solely for blowing the NFCCG. I criticize him because his game is deserving of criticism.

As far as Baalke goes, I have zero problem with the moves he has made so far this offseason. I think he is one of the better GMs in the league.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd ignore any post made by Suckness unless it involves college prospects. For some reason, he fails miserably when it comes to analyzing the pro game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha people crying like bitches about making 3 straight NFC title games and a super bowl? And Kap is a damn stud, why dont you go look at his numbers and record with Crabtree in the lineup and then get back to me. Last year I believe he was 7-1 with him back. Is Kap as good as Manning, Rodgers or Brees? No he never will be, but I'm glad he doesn't throw 30 int a year like Stafford or Romo or Cutler. He is top 10 QB when you factor in his rocket arm and his legs.
Just as Seattle defense said after the game this year before the Super Bowl, that Kap is a baller, he is a big time play-maker and that came from the starting safety in Seattle that said that. Some people on here don't have a fucking clue, not to mention but he has only been starting for 2 years and he took us to the SB and NFC title game, give me a fucking break.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont really have that much faith in Trent Baalke. He hasn't really impressed since taking over. Many of our stars were built by Scott Mccloughan and Mike Nolan.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith? Kap? Reid? Davis? Iupati? Weren't these some of Balalke guys?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith? Kap? Reid? Davis? Iupati? Weren't these some of Balalke guys?

He hit on a few, no question, but he has missed a lot. There just seems to be talk about how he's one of the top in the business and I dont see that. I see him more as middle of the pack.

It's still early though for him. His recent moves have made me question him more and more.

And also by the way, I dont really give Baalke credit or criticism for that 2010 draft(Davis, Iupati). I dont know how much of it was actually him when Mc Scotty left right before the draft.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was there, so we have our 2 stud OL, our franchise QB, one of the best pass rushers in the game and now our FS who went to the pro bowl, Im sure I'm missing on some. He has done a great job not to mention he traded a 6th rnd pick for Boldin who had 1,100 yards and got a kicker who doesn't miss. He has been a lot better then middle of the pack. Is he the best? Maybe not but he is at the top and most would agree