• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this year a Bust ????????????

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever a team jumps out to a 7-0 start, it is easy to get excited. A little disillusioned if you will. Very similar in 2009 when (if you remember) jumping out to a 6-0 start culminating in a big win against the Pats. I think we were in a bit of denial then. The team got real fortunate that year with a few wins like the Bengals holy Stokely play. The team came back down to earth. Also remember that was a new coach, change in basic philosophy etc.

This year looked a little better, but this team has not really dominated anyone. The packers game was the best win I think all season. Turns out the packers were not all that.

There are positives to take obviously. The defense is for real. That is the one thing we can be positive about.

Osweiler is still a question mark. He looks decent. He is certainly better suited to run this particular offense better than Manning. He does have a ways to go before we gain any real confidence that is he is suited to be the SB caliber QB we hope he is.

The OL is an obvious problem. All sorts of thing need to be done to make that unit gel.

Having said all of that, most of which we all know, no this season is not a bust. However in this Twitter world we live in, if this team ends up 11-5 and loses the division it will be perceived that way. Will not be the case, but many will call it a bust.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly think OL would still need more help even if we added Thomas

It all depends on our young players and how they develop. Let's say we add Thomas to the LT spot. Garcia would most likely take the LG spot with Mathis being a 1 year rental. Paradis then of course stays at Center with Vasquez at RG. We then move Sambrailo to the position we had hoped for in the beginning at RT. Now if all of these guys develop as they should with next year being the 2nd year of starting in this offense then that could be a pretty darn decent line. If they struggle to get any better though then we could be looking at some major issues. No matter what the depth behind these 5 would definitely have to improve. We would need a better option to come in than Schofield as the swing tackle. So we would still need to draft or bring one in through FA.

Right now it is hard to tell what we will truly have next year. Kubiak's system has proven that wherever he goes the OL improves very well year 2 when they have had some time in the system.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if Denver wins at least one playoff game and they play hard,Elways decisions are going to be a lot easier on what to do heading into next year. O-line issues, who to resign,and special teams ( punter). Now lets say Denver loses next 3 gms and misses playoffs or if they lose 1st playoff game in the fashion like they did vs Colts last yr, then he`s got some major problems to consider for 2016 and beyond. If Oz stinks it up going forward,he (Elway) has a major problem besides the other issues we all see. I can see Elway making some "huge" moves this off season and if you think about it,as far as impact players on this team that would enable him to make a significant trade to help booster this team?...... is on the D side of the ball. Denver is really lacking on the offensive side of the ball with the exception of DT and Sanders ( who I don`t think would garnish much more than decent trade player in return). That leaves the defence and even there, I see only Von, Talib and Harris as the top " compensation" guys. Ward, Wolfe, Jackson, Trev,Marshall, Roby and a few others would offer decent compensation in a trade but nothing like the the aforementioned Dt,Von,Talib and Harris. Of course a combo pack would also be a big value. What I`am saying is if Denver embarrasses Elway going forward, we could very possibly see a top tier guy or two go in order for Elway to assemble the pieces he needs/wants/hopes for this football team in the foreseeable future. A blockbuster trade involving Dt or Von or both could seriously happen if Denver craps out. I know most say that will never happen but desperate time call for desperate measures. The worst case scenario for Elway would be Oz sucking to boot and then nobody is safe heading into next yr. Now all of this is mute if Oz and Denver at least win a playoff game and go down fighting. Elways decisions,although still not easy as who to resign,etc would certainly not be as devastating. I hope this team finishes strong, plays at a high level, 100% effort ( that`s you offense) and if it`s not to be, make us proud anyway. Now before anyone goes crazy, I was just thinking about what would happen if KC over took us and we missed playoffs and then my mind started drifting to next year and how crazy it just might be. :)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a league driven by the QB, and its highly unlikely the Broncos can win their way 16-13 all the way to a Super Bowl title

The bigger question should become, will Elway make the mistake of thinking Ossweiler is the future, while most neutral observers dont see it

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a league driven by the QB, and its highly unlikely the Broncos can win their way 16-13 all the way to a Super Bowl title

The bigger question should become, will Elway make the mistake of thinking Ossweiler is the future, while most neutral observers dont see it
Well most observers and anyone else just hasn`t seen enough to make judgement on him yet. That`s the prob. Even if he plays rest of year,it`s still just a sample size. Elway will have no choice but to sign him. What`s your options? Draft pk? FA? ( none out there worth a look except as back ups). It could work out or Denver could very well have a problem for many years at the qb position

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if Denver wins at least one playoff game and they play hard,Elways decisions are going to be a lot easier on what to do heading into next year. O-line issues, who to resign,and special teams ( punter). Now lets say Denver loses next 3 gms and misses playoffs or if they lose 1st playoff game in the fashion like they did vs Colts last yr, then he`s got some major problems to consider for 2016 and beyond. If Oz stinks it up going forward,he (Elway) has a major problem besides the other issues we all see. I can see Elway making some "huge" moves this off season and if you think about it,as far as impact players on this team that would enable him to make a significant trade to help booster this team?...... is on the D side of the ball. Denver is really lacking on the offensive side of the ball with the exception of DT and Sanders ( who I don`t think would garnish much more than decent trade player in return). That leaves the defence and even there, I see only Von, Talib and Harris as the top " compensation" guys. Ward, Wolfe, Jackson, Trev,Marshall, Roby and a few others would offer decent compensation in a trade but nothing like the the aforementioned Dt,Von,Talib and Harris. Of course a combo pack would also be a big value. What I`am saying is if Denver embarrasses Elway going forward, we could very possibly see a top tier guy or two go in order for Elway to assemble the pieces he needs/wants/hopes for this football team in the foreseeable future. A blockbuster trade involving Dt or Von or both could seriously happen if Denver craps out. I know most say that will never happen but desperate time call for desperate measures. The worst case scenario for Elway would be Oz sucking to boot and then nobody is safe heading into next yr. Now all of this is mute if Oz and Denver at least win a playoff game and go down fighting. Elways decisions,although still not easy as who to resign,etc would certainly not be as devastating. I hope this team finishes strong, plays at a high level, 100% effort ( that`s you offense) and if it`s not to be, make us proud anyway. Now before anyone goes crazy, I was just thinking about what would happen if KC over took us and we missed playoffs and then my mind started drifting to next year and how crazy it just might be. :)

Our you could just sign a decent OL Coach like Bill Callahan our an equivalent of him and just keep drafting decent OL players .

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is that when you have a great defense, you're gonna be in every game. So at least we will have a chance to pull out low scoring wins in the playoffs, even if the offense struggles due to the OL.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look it is a staff problem it was the last time Clancy took over .. I would bet a $1000 that Alex Gibbs could fix our OL with in a week and them not be the reason we lose another game this year .. for what ever the reason Elway is not going there imo stubborn at this point .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also get Gibbs is not long term answer but my god what does it take to break the glass and yell help.. How many million have been spent since Elway took ove to win a SB and is 1 mill to pay gibbs going to kill this team ?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no bigger anti-Oz draft pick than me - but I'm curious what neutral observer in the last 12 months has come out projecting Osweiler to fail? To be fair, as Broncos fans we don't yet know what Oz will do, most I've seen are hopeful but taking a wait and see attitude after his 3 1/2 years of apprenticeship.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that beats Tom Brady and has a lead playing him head to head I am not going to complain

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz beat Brady with a lead in the 4th Quarter with dang nice throws .. Kubiak reeled in OZ after he threw that INT and it cost us the game this week . let the kid play and take the shackles off .. he is making him check down with the lead ..Some times you need to let players be great players

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that this season shows is that the Broncos should be fine after Manning is gone. The whole national media train of the Broncos will fall off a cliff after Manning retires or goes to another team seems a bit dramatic considering the defense that Elway and this staff have built up. Now I know that many will be up for FA but we are seeing many of the young guys really show they can play. I'm getting more and more on the please sign both Malik and Wolfe train. Both of those guys are dominating and have really made this defense what it is in my opinion. QB's have no pocket to step up into making life so much easier for everybody else.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, CD. If the Broncos make it a point to keep the pieces together on defense this team is going to be just fine going forward. The offense will grow into the system better in year two, and even with keeping the defense together being the priority there will be opportunities to improve the O-line in the off season. We also will be getting Clady and Ty Sambraillo back from injuries. Not sure how that's going to translate performance wise but it certainly did not help this year that we lost these guys.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe he is the future and does have "it" ask the Patriots but with no o line no QB can be as good as they really are with this team. Remember it's only been 4 starts. The Patriots score wasn't 16-13 and the scores would be higher on Denver if they did have a real o line and D. Thomas and the rest of his weapons knew how to catch the damn ball. Neutral observers thought RG3 was the shit. I go by what I say that's all.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that this season shows is that the Broncos should be fine after Manning is gone. The whole national media train of the Broncos will fall off a cliff after Manning retires or goes to another team seems a bit dramatic considering the defense that Elway and this staff have built up. Now I know that many will be up for FA but we are seeing many of the young guys really show they can play. I'm getting more and more on the please sign both Malik and Wolfe train. Both of those guys are dominating and have really made this defense what it is in my opinion. QB's have no pocket to step up into making life so much easier for everybody else.
I would have to assume by this post that your counting on Oz being at least serviceable in future and with this D and fixing the problem area's,then I would agree. If your saying Denver can get by with this D regardless if Brock pans out and would still be a SB contender, I strongly disagree. If Brock fails,this team won't go far in till they get an above avg Qb and that will be very hard to find with what's out there. Period.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to assume by this post that your counting on Oz being at least serviceable in future and with this D and fixing the problem area's,then I would agree. If your saying Denver can get by with this D regardless if Brock pans out and would still be a SB contender, I strongly disagree. If Brock fails,this team won't go far in till they get an above avg Qb and that will be very hard to find with what's out there. Period.

I am assuming we are getting at least average play from the QB position. I see it as if we can keep this defense together look what they have done with some of the worst QB play of any team in the league for a majority of the games. Yet even with Manning stinking it up we still went 7-2. So average QB play with a great defense should still win in this league a majority of the time. Just will be in a lot of close games because of it. Now I do expect that Elway will switch gears a bit in this upcoming draft. So far he has used a lot of early picks on the defensive side of the ball which has worked out well but I can see him switching for one draft to really boost the offense plus then spend in FA.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your points on serviceable if you just want to make SB. Look at the teams that have best shot of reaching the big game this year and look at the Qbs. Of the teams I think that can do it (and some have very good D's ) they all have above avg or elite qb's also. Palmer,Ben,Brady,Cam,Wilson and Rodgers. The teams that have serviceable qbs and above avg D's, KC,Cincy,Jets and maybe Minnesota,don't have a prayer. It can happen and it has in past but very rarely and the odds are not good at least in till Brady,Palmer,Ben,Brees and Rodgers ,Mannings are all retired. Not sure yet that the Winstons,Mariotas,Newtons,Bottles,Wilsons,etc are going to ever reach or fill those shoes. Maybe when their gone a " serviceable" qb and strong D will be more of the norm until the draft class produces some future elites which is rare indeed. I don't know but if Oz is going to be the guy and Denver wants to " win" a SB in the next couple yrs,regardless of how well D plays,Oz or somebody better be more than avg or serviceable.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have a great chance. They have an elite defense. You could argue it's the best in the NFL. Some obvious issues on offense, but they can still figure it out. Maybe the time off is just what Peyton needs and he comes in for the playoffs and does work one last time.

They beat New England recently. Plenty of reason to go into the playoffs with optimism.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A scenario exists that could put Rivers in as Denver QB should Osweiler flop. Food for thought.

Although, I have a good feeling about Osweiler. I think he could have beaten the Raiders given more appropriate play calling. I really got the feeling Kubiak was more at fault than Oz.