• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the face of the NBA?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a fun thread. Lots of people playing 'the line-drawing game'.

Line-drawing game: When someone, to their horror, discovers that they are standing on the wrong side of the line they drew when constructing their value system, they quickly re-draw the line so that they are standing on the right side again.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tick, tick, tick...

Was verbal diarrhea popular on CBS?

Some of you guys talk like you think you are in a "higher class" and treat the "CBS people" like a lower class of people or something.

You have your fair share of verbal diarrhea over here at the Hoop, more than your fair share of trolls and the like just like we did over at CBS. This site is better but not because it is free of trolls and trouble makers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys talk like you think you are in a "higher class" and treat the "CBS people" like a lower class of people or something.

You have your fair share of verbal diarrhea over here at the Hoop, more than your fair share of trolls and the like just like we did over at CBS. This site is better but not because it is free of trolls and trouble makers.

Uh huh...make sure you courtesy-flush.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Thread is the perfect example of the accused "verbal diarrhea". 43 pages of whining en' butthurt. Besides...montsho and I are square....you are just re-stoking the troll fire.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Thread is the perfect example of the accused "verbal diarrhea". 43 pages of whining en' butthurt. Besides...montsho and I are square....you are just re-stoking the troll fire.

We're cool, man, I'm just funning with you is all. If you are ready to pack this thread in just say the word and I am OUT for good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're cool, man, I'm just funning with you is all. If you are ready to pack this thread in just say the word and I am OUT for good.

You all are free to discuss whatever ya want, ad nauseum, for all I care. Was just making a point.

Carry on.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First a couple of things... My kids are very happy... The oldest one doesn't like to show emotion for some reason, but he has been tested and accepted to the gifted program and as of last night was selected as an all star for the coach pitch team here... He's a pretty awesome guy who's loved beyond words by both my wife and I just like his 2 brothers, but thanks for the concern... Also that comment I made wasn't specic to you (Beardown) but to all who argued the corporate issue... I understand what you're saying, I understand you're way of thinking, but I disagree and think there are other ways of handling said situations... You may disagree but I was stating my opinion which may be worthless to you since I don't own my own business... But as an employee of many types of businesses I've meet many employees and I've meet people that don't fit their looks... People are more than what you perceive them to be...

And I'll finish what I was saying, I never posted my second issue with this thread... And at risk of sounding like an "angry black man" that's not black, this thread is what's wrong in America... For so long "blond hair, blue eyes, suit and tie" have been the mark of an upstanding, law abiding, successful American, everything else is "wrong" or in this case "thug"...

This thread wasn't started to discuss Jesus or corporate America... It was 1 man's anger toward the appearance of another... Why Beasley...? He is on his third team since joining the league, and that team is a lottery team... Their best player is Doran Dragic... Beasley doesn't even start... How is he the "face of the NBA"...? His appearance is no more outrageous than Birdman, and Birdman is on a more important team which makes him a more visible person... And more so the face of the NBA is Lebron and Durant, add Kobe and Melo if you go by jersey sales... My point is, this thread is very much about race... If you think it's not, you're lying to us or yourself... Your perceptions of other people more specific other races is what makes you argue how these people need to get in line and clean up their looks... Why is an Afro ugly or dirty...? Because it doesn't fall flat to his head...?

Today, well yesterday was the first day of the trial where somebody thought they saw a "thug" which resulted in an innocent young man being murdered... We as a country should try understanding each others differences and not label people without knowing anything about them...

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see how the trial turns out. If you hear anything, do post it!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can label some one a thug and not shoot them, just saying.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First a couple of things... My kids are very happy... The oldest one doesn't like to show emotion for some reason, but he has been tested and accepted to the gifted program and as of last night was selected as an all star for the coach pitch team here... He's a pretty awesome guy who's loved beyond words by both my wife and I just like his 2 brothers, but thanks for the concern... Also that comment I made wasn't specic to you (Beardown) but to all who argued the corporate issue... I understand what you're saying, I understand you're way of thinking, but I disagree and think there are other ways of handling said situations... You may disagree but I was stating my opinion which may be worthless to you since I don't own my own business... But as an employee of many types of businesses I've meet many employees and I've meet people that don't fit their looks... People are more than what you perceive them to be...

And I'll finish what I was saying, I never posted my second issue with this thread... And at risk of sounding like an "angry black man" that's not black, this thread is what's wrong in America... For so long "blond hair, blue eyes, suit and tie" have been the mark of an upstanding, law abiding, successful American, everything else is "wrong" or in this case "thug"...

This thread wasn't started to discuss Jesus or corporate America... It was 1 man's anger toward the appearance of another... Why Beasley...? He is on his third team since joining the league, and that team is a lottery team... Their best player is Doran Dragic... Beasley doesn't even start... How is he the "face of the NBA"...? His appearance is no more outrageous than Birdman, and Birdman is on a more important team which makes him a more visible person... And more so the face of the NBA is Lebron and Durant, add Kobe and Melo if you go by jersey sales... My point is, this thread is very much about race... If you think it's not, you're lying to us or yourself... Your perceptions of other people more specific other races is what makes you argue how these people need to get in line and clean up their looks... Why is an Afro ugly or dirty...? Because it doesn't fall flat to his head...?

Today, well yesterday was the first day of the trial where somebody thought they saw a "thug" which resulted in an innocent young man being murdered... We as a country should try understanding each others differences and not label people without knowing anything about them...

View attachment 5434

I agree with everything you said except the trayvon martin part. i dont know that kid was innocent. he very well may have been beating the shit out of george zimmerman, and zimmerman may honestly have feared for his life. i wasnt there to see the incident. you rail against people making judgments based on race... and then you conclude trayvon was innocent and he was murdered. and you probably dont see the hypocrisy in that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP may be about race...can't speak for him, but none of my comments have been about race.

I wouldn't hire the kid with the afro, some long-haired white hippie, or some mo-hawked, birdman-looking mofo either. The color of their skin is irrelevant.

And though this thread is not about hiring practices, it proves itself to be an illustrative point, into the perceptions of people. Be them fair, or not.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said except the trayvon martin part. i dont know that kid was innocent. he very well may have been beating the shit out of george zimmerman, and zimmerman may honestly have feared for his life. i wasnt there to see the incident. you rail against people making judgments based on race... and then you conclude trayvon was innocent and he was murdered. and you probably dont see the hypocrisy in that.

I'm not here to argue the case nor say the OP would murder a perceived thug... My point was simply Trayvon was where he was supposed to be, doing what he was supposed to be doing... Mr. Zimmerman followed him because he saw what he perceived to be a thug based on what he thought a thug looked like and now Trayvon is dead... What happened is going to be up to the jury, but my statement above in bold is fact and based on race... Perhaps my previous choice of words were too opinionated, but not hypocritical... I didn't say Zimmerman looks like somebody who would kill somebody... I also agree you can label somebody a thug and not kill them, my point was where will it lead you to do so...? I'm sure Zimmerman didn't go out to hunt thugs... I don't think he planned to kill Trayvon... But in his haste to capture or see captured a perceived a thug, young man was killed...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP may be about race...can't speak for him, but none of my comments have been about race.

I wouldn't hire the kid with the afro, some long-haired white hippie, or some mo-hawked, birdman-looking mofo either. The color of their skin is irrelevant.

And though this thread is not about hiring practices, it proves itself to be an illustrative point, into the perceptions of people. Be them fair, or not.

:agree: Good post. It isn't about race to me, either. I wouldn't hire anybody who came to an interview looking like shit, regardless of his race, sex, religion, creed, sexual preference or national origin.

But a person who looks sharp, can answer my questions and knows his stuff gets the job regardless of his race, sex, religion, creed, sexual preference or national origin. But if he/she looks like shit, he can forget about it.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I'm not here to argue the case nor say the OP would murder a perceived thug... My point was simply Trayvon was where he was supposed to be, doing what he was supposed to be doing... Mr. Zimmerman followed him because he saw what he perceived to be a thug based on what he thought a thug looked like and now Trayvon is dead... What happened is going to be up to the jury, but my statement above in bold is fact and based on race... Perhaps my previous choice of words were too opinionated, but not hypocritical... I didn't say Zimmerman looks like somebody who would kill somebody... I also agree you can label somebody a thug and not kill them, my point was where will it lead you to do so...? I'm sure Zimmerman didn't go out to hunt thugs... I don't think he planned to kill Trayvon... But in his haste to capture or see captured a perceived a thug, young man was killed...

:agree: 100%

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always gotta bring in fucking race to this

c-anderson-cpy.jpg

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of his tats need to be redone. His Big Bird tat is hardly noticeable anymore. They look good in that pic, though. Very good work. But they have faded badly since then and need some serious attention.