• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the end of the Paul Johnson/triple option era at Georgia Tech?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't either. But I did see them play without facemasks and with only the single bar/small double bar facemask.
riddell-1.jpg
s-l300.jpg

That top helmet is a Colorado helmet from the early 60's.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell - a lot of teams use it now. They just call it the Pistol.

Remember we're talking 4 guys in the backfield. It wasn't a gimmick play, but the way the whole game was played.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, didn't know you lived in Atlanta.

I actually live near Macon, but occasionally attend a Tech game (UGA is a bit further away, and tickets aren't cheap like GT often is). I'll be at the Tech v Clemson game on Saturday.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually live near Macon, but occasionally attend a Tech game (UGA is a bit further away, and tickets aren't cheap like GT often is). I'll be at the Tech v Clemson game on Saturday.

Oh nice. Ever go to GSU games in Statesboro? Those are a rather enjoyable time.

My wife and I live in Roswell, and we also go to a Tech game every now and then. One of my favorite stadiums to visit with that skyline of Atlanta.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh nice. Ever go to GSU games in Statesboro? Those are a rather enjoyable time.

My wife and I live in Roswell, and we also go to a Tech game every now and then. One of my favorite stadiums to visit with that skyline of Atlanta.

I haven’t been to a GSU game yet. I do go to several Mercer games each year. It’s a great place to watch football and basketball too.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t been to a GSU game yet. I do go to several Mercer games each year. It’s a great place to watch football and basketball too.

Never been to one of those. But two of my good friends live in Macon and work for...maybe it's Weslyen College (SP?) down there.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Macon?

I thought about going down there and park on the side of the road for Gregg Allman's funeral procession, but I decided against it.

How do you deal with the heat and gnats?

I swear that town is the hottest place in America.

I'm closer to Tennessee and North Carolina than I am to Atlanta.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macon?

I thought about going down there and park on the side of the road for Gregg Allman's funeral procession, but I decided against it.

Wichita Falls, TX. Frickin' place sits down in a hole just South of the Red River. Miserable.

People have died riding in this bike race. Dumb asses have it in the August heat...on purpose!
www.hh100.org

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's GT...not a destination for good to great coaches anyway, so get rid of Johnson, then what?

Derick Dooley? Skip Holtz? Lane Kiffin?

Maybe they could get Calvin Johnson to coach?

Harbaugh may be available in a year if he doesn't start beating a few teams
I volunteer Derek Dooley

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See ya there :suds:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Johnson is a gotdamn American Icon!! GT will never get rid of him. He's golden, Jerry ... golden!

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things. First, Trignometry is a high school course. Actual college mathematics for STEM majors begins with Calculus. Second, since GaTech is basically an Engineering school (it says so right in their fight song), I think it is reasonable for them to expect students to come in ready to take calculus. If they aren't, and they want to major in engineering, they had better plan on at least 6 years to get done with a BS degree.
I wasn’t aware we even offered Trig.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macon?

Savannah got me. Was headed to FL on a trip and stopped in there for a couple days and holy smokes I thought I was gonna melt (and I have lived/been in some hot/humid spots before).
May have just been the perfect conditions at that particular time but FL felt much cooler when I got there and it was 80 at 11 o’clock at night :laugh:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll never consistently be as good as the major programs around them due to the academic requirements, but if they ran a more conventional offense, they would get their share of local talent and would be able to compete on their up years. Chan Gailey didn't do much with it, but he got some damn good players to play there.

This. The state has tons of talent and even if Chan failed to develop a decent QB, the crappy QBs we DID have certainly had good backs to hand off to and excellent WR to throw to.