• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this real life?

Tunasauce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been moving and I haven't watched many games yet. What is going on with Markieff Morris? Does his game really look that much improved, and if so, how? Is he hitting midrange shots that he missed, or playing like how a power forward should?

Suns are playing every one tight. I hate to say that I'm starting to switch gears from losing every game to, "Hey, maybe these guys can get a seven or eighth seed."

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markieff is playing like an actual power forward. He's attacking the basket, knocking down mid-range shots, and grabbing rebounds. He turned the corner when he stopped constantly settling for 3 point shots. Even his brother is starting to look like a valuable bench piece.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii went to the first game to deliver keefs "shipment." I see a scandal in our near future...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the the Morris twins, this is only their third season in the NBA. That is when you expect young players to breakout. Now couple that with all the different coaches both guys have had to play for in their first 2 years, you can see what having a good fundamental head coach can do for you. Mark West has been the main reason for Markieff's change from shooting too many long range jumper & 3's to playing more on the low block in driving to the basket. Playing consistent minutes is also a factor in his performance.

Do I expect him put up 20 ppg & 10 rpg all season? No. But I do think he can easily be a 17 & 8 guy with his skill set. If he shows that he can do that all season long, I would expect him to be the starting PF by the end of the year. And I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a contract extention before the start of 2014/15.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markieff has always had potential. I agree with Orange instead of the settling for 3s hes attacking the basket. Its also more playing time and more opportunities. Along with a great young coach Hornaseck who seemed to get this whole team playing with a high motor. Something both Morris twins didn't have was a high motor. Now there playing with a lot more energy and passion. Markieff has benefited from Hornaseck and how he coaches. Markieff is finally the player we saw those first 3 games his rookie year. Looks like he can be a good player for the rest of his career.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markieff won NBA player of the week...the first Sun to do so since Amare in like 2008. Damn.

These guys look legit so far. 5-2 with the two losses to the Spurs and Thunder. I thought I would be turning the TV off by now when the Suns came on but I'm actually interested in watching them. F the lottery! Go Suns!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Markieff doesn't take dumb shots then I'm happy.

Apparently he's only the third player in NBA history to score 20+ points while shooting 75% and taking more than 12 shots in three straight games. The other two? Sir Charles Barkley and Dwight Howard.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just his motor before he was lazy and would make a bad pass or shoot a long jumper instead of posting up like a man. The Morris twins were so lazy on the court off the court they worked pretty hard but they had no motor. When Marcus Morris dove for that ball against the Blazers in the first season game I have never seen that before from the Morris twins higher motor, smarter shot selection, and good post up moves is why Markieff is succeeding and his brother is working hard on defense and on the glass while shooting the 3 well.

All the credit goes to coach Hornaseck for more playing time and giving him a heart and motor to play up to his capabilities. Hornaseck looks like a great coach.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just his motor before he was lazy and would make a bad pass or shoot a long jumper instead of posting up like a man. The Morris twins were so lazy on the court off the court they worked pretty hard but they had no motor. When Marcus Morris dove for that ball against the Blazers in the first season game I have never seen that before from the Morris twins higher motor, smarter shot selection, and good post up moves is why Markieff is succeeding and his brother is working hard on defense and on the glass while shooting the 3 well.

All the credit goes to coach Hornaseck for more playing time and giving him a heart and motor to play up to his capabilities. Hornaseck looks like a great coach.

Without reading this response, I am sure it can be summed up in 2 1/2 words: he's fat.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has come back to earth, hasn't he?

The issue with Mk. Morris has always been consistency. He could be one of the better forwards in the league, but he doesn't play up to his capability consistently. He's the kind of player who's too talented to give up on (yet), but too erratic to trust. His lack of reliability is frustrating, because if Morris played up to his potential regularly, a big piece to Phoenix's puzzle would be in place.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has come back to earth, hasn't he?

The issue with Mk. Morris has always been consistency. He could be one of the better forwards in the league, but he doesn't play up to his capability consistently. He's the kind of player who's too talented to give up on (yet), but too erratic to trust. His lack of reliability is frustrating, because if Morris played up to his potential regularly, a big piece to Phoenix's puzzle would be in place.

He just has no motor.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically, Mk. Morris has enjoyed three or four really good games out of thirteen this season.

Markieff Morris 2013-14 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

I, too, proved impressed by that little historic stretch of his, but I always wondered whether it would be fool's gold because he's been a tease for quite awhile now. The issue has never been his ability, but his approach, and approach is often the hardest matter to consistently change.

If Morris could become more consistently aggressive and focused in his approach, he could be a poor man's version of one of his college coaches, fellow Kansas alum (and former Sun) Danny Manning.

But that's a big 'If.'

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just has no motor.

He's prone to mental lapses, too, even though I'd say that his feel for the game is pretty good.

... it's strange, but a lack of motor could mean inconsistent focus as well as inconsistent energy.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the production that the Morris twins have provided off of the bench this season. I do think that Markieff could be a starter-caliber player if he pulled his head out of his ass, though.