• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there any reason for the Cavs to take Noel over Len?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, it is sounding (thankfully) like the Cavs are leaning more towards Alex Len, and I couldn't be more thrilled. He is an incredible athlete, is FAR more offensively advanced than Noel, is already bigger and, oh yeah, he's healthy. He's also got a good head on his shoulders, and no matter how good of a big you are, if you are making bad personal decisions, your team will suffer (see D. Cousins). Noel, IMO, is nothing the Cavs don't already have. His ceiling on offense is evident, and we already have two 7-footers with offensive limitations who play solid defense. Len would be learning from Mike Brown, one of the best defensive coaches in the league, so he has a great chance to become a very, very good all-around true center.

There is just nothing at all that I can think of that would make me want Noel over Len.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Noel, Len did impress me at Maryland. But he is not a #1. I would take Porter.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel yeah. I don't know how I feel about Noel either, I don't know if you can take Len that high though.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Noel, Len did impress me at Maryland. But he is not a #1. I would take Porter.

I agree. You can't take Len that high, Porter would be a nice pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Cavs have Varejeo and Zeller (who they took in 1st), why take Len. Unless they thinking of picking up a SF in free agency, bc that is a need. They have 7 footers, also they have Thompson who has been a bust.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Cavs have Varejeo and Zeller (who they took in 1st), why take Len. Unless they thinking of picking up a SF in free agency, bc that is a need. They have 7 footers, also they have Thompson who has been a bust.

1. Zeller is nowhere near the offensive player Len is and never will be.
2. Varajao is old and can't stay healthy, and is also nowhere near as skilled as Len offensively.
3. Thompson has been, by no means, a bust. He averaged 12/9 this year and just turned 22. He has a long career ahead of him and he's shown improvement in all facets of his game since joining the Cavs. Starting this season, he will be a double-double player for a long time barring injury.
4. Agree on the SF thing, but we also have the 19, 31, and 33 to pick on up, and there are some solid #3s available later on in the first (Tony Mitchell, Glen Rice Jr, Sergey Kerasev, Giannis Adetokoubo for example just this year), and I wouldn't rule out the Cavs trying to package things up to either acquire a SF or move up in the draft to snag someone like Caldwell-Pope or even Porter depending on if they could move up high enough. Also, don't forget, if the Cavs go to the lotto next year, their are some amazing SF talents available.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Len at #1 though?? What is he even projected?

If they trade back wouldn't have a problem, but I would rather them trade the pick and player for a big name that is proven already in the NBA, bc this draft is weak.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Len at #1 though?? What is he even projected?

If they trade back wouldn't have a problem, but I would rather them trade the pick and player for a big name that is proven already in the NBA, bc this draft is weak.

Len is a top 5 pick at this point for sure, and has been mentioned as the possible #1 for at least a week or 2 now. Personally, I don't care about projections. If the guy can come in and be an important piece on this team and help us win, we can take him at 1 or 60. We don't have teams wanting to move up, so it's highly unlikely we trade the pick.

Don't be mistaken, either. Len is a very solid player. He played really well considering Maryland had horrible guards. He has the measurables and intelligence to be a very good center. With as much of a crapshoot as the draft is anymore, I say take him. I'd have no problem with Porter, but I like Len just as much, and a true center with his skillset is hard to come by.