• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is There a QB In The League....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....You'd rather have right now than Kaepernick? Considering future potential, I'm hard pressed to think of one.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. The guy is only going to get better. Clay Matthews is gonna shit himself. Think of if Manning would have come here? Kap may have never gotten a chance.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol no, not even close.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3, Rodgers.

Assuming that just the next three years or so isn't enough this is who I would take before him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....You'd rather have right now than Kaepernick? Considering future potential, I'm hard pressed to think of one.

his combination of talent and work ethic makes him unique

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think Rodgers provides the leadership I'd be looking for and he has less years left than some of the younger guys in the league. He takes a lot of shots in the pocket too and one of these days soon it's going to catch up with him. RG3 is too brittle and I think Kap is just better - just as fast, bigger, smarter, stronger, better arm.

The only guy I'd consider trading Kap for is Luck. He really isn't working with much in Indy and what he's been able to accomplish is very very impressive. I'm not sure I'd do it but he's the one guy that I'd pause for.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. The guy is only going to get better. Clay Matthews is gonna shit himself. Think of if Manning would have come here? Kap may have never gotten a chance.

Agreed. I made that same point the other day to someone who was whining about Manning not coming here in the "I know why Manning chose Denver" thread.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if Alex never got injured???

I think Kaepernick would have still gotten in there. It seemed like Harbaugh was just looking for a reason to get kaepernick the job; and rightly so as it turns out.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I made that same point the other day to someone who was whining about Manning not coming here in the "I know why Manning chose Denver" thread.

manning chose denver cuss he didn't wanna be a back up...

j/k

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3, Rodgers.

Assuming that just the next three years or so isn't enough this is who I would take before him.

Rodgers, maybe, RGIII, no frickin way. Not even close.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that it's not close. Everything griffin does is better but protect himself, and that is fairly easily taught.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you would have rolled to a Super Bowl last year and been the biggest favorites in a long time for the next two, at least.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Rodgers provides the leadership I'd be looking for and he has less years left than some of the younger guys in the league. He takes a lot of shots in the pocket too and one of these days soon it's going to catch up with him. RG3 is too brittle and I think Kap is just better - just as fast, bigger, smarter, stronger, better arm.

The only guy I'd consider trading Kap for is Luck. He really isn't working with much in Indy and what he's been able to accomplish is very very impressive. I'm not sure I'd do it but he's the one guy that I'd pause for.

You're crazy!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rodgers, maybe, RGIII, no frickin way. Not even close.

Luck, RGIII, and Kaep is a toss up for me. I don't care I'm winning with either one. Also, it seems as though people are underrating RGIII's arm strength and Luck's uncanny accuracy.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You're right that it's not close. Everything griffin does is better but protect himself, and that is fairly easily taught.

I still think Kap has higher upside than RGIII and I like Kap's intangibles a little more as well.

Ultimately if RGIII remains healthy I think you would be mostly splitting hairs between the two though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaep will be judged by his passing first and foremost......obviously a GREAT start and it is a start. while there is no reason to think he won't continue playing well, he does need a little more 'track record'. his running threat then adds to it, "all things equal" in the passing department.

all NFL QB's are still about passing skills first.