• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the PGAT the Deepest Ever?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick count I came up with 29 PGAT 2013/2014 events...I didn't get the exact count on the players, but only J. Walker, Reed, Z.Johnson have won more than once, Walker 3 times.

A total of 25 different players have won on tour thus far this PGAT season.

It's almost at the point now where any guy that makes the cut can win the tournament.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick count I came up with 29 PGAT 2013/2014 events...I didn't get the exact count on the players, but only J. Walker, Reed, Z.Johnson have won more than once, Walker 3 times.

A total of 25 different players have won on tour thus far this PGAT season.

It's almost at the point now where any guy that makes the cut can win the tournament.

....cause they all suck. I think the tour's weaker than ever.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....cause they all suck. I think the tour's weaker than ever.

That might be fair...lol...the scores (just as low as any other era) suggest otherwise though...what makes you say they suck?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're boring and we're back to nobody taking charge to push others to excel.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...that's different from sucking, but I can buy that...no one to chase...even though Norman was the man, and Price and Faldo became HOFers, but the era had a handful of very solid players...DL3, Couples, Sutton, Leonard, but no true dominant player..this is kinda like that era only deeper imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have 8 different players win majors over the next couple of years actually.

I agree there is not much sizzle on the PGAT right now...had Spieth won the Masters there would be a totally different buzz around the sport.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's even looking like Rory's a bit of a flash in the pan.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Rickey Fowler type is a flash in the pan. Rory a 2 time major winner before the age of 25 is part of history.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rory's not doing great lately but approaching the new (imo) HOF credentials...likely to be 3 majors, and 10 PGAT wins, + 5 on any other world ranking point credential tour.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Rickey Fowler type is a flash in the pan. Rory a 2 time major winner before the age of 25 is part of history.

John Dalyish...lot of guys won a couple pretty quick...Harrington, 3.

Fowler is solid, not a flash...(Geoff Olgivy was a flash in the pan) I think the media makes too much out of the next great player (as in Fowler's case) before they have really done anything...Rory did back up his major pretty quick, then cashed in...plenty of time to shake off the ills of being young and re-focus on golf.

I think the pool is too deep for him to even reach 5 majors.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Dalyish...lot of guys won a couple pretty quick...Harrington, 3.

Fowler is solid, not a flash...(Geoff Olgivy was a flash in the pan) I think the media makes too much out of the next great player (as in Fowler's case) before they have really done anything...Rory did back up his major pretty quick, then cashed in...plenty of time to shake off the ills of being young and re-focus on golf.

I think the pool is too deep for him to even reach 5 majors.

I would have believed this statement just before a 43 your old Phil won the British Open last year.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest "flash" ever has to be David Duval, no?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have believed this statement just before a 43 your old Phil won the British Open last year.

Yea...the one I said he'd never win too.

Phil's made a ton, and making a bigger ton off the course now...for him it's not about the money anymore. These young guys like Rory...the financial opportunities are so great today...if he just stays healthy and plays decent golf for the next 10 years, will golf matter when he's 35?....the point is it will be hard to stay motivated in addition to the competition.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory already doesn't ever have to worry about money unless he's a financial retard.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest "flash" ever has to be David Duval, no?

DD took out #1 from TW in his prime, took a lot of consistent golf over time to do that ...shot 59...he did flame out but I have chew on that one for a minute.

DD is on the list, but he sustained it for a while...I'm gonna say Craig Perks was the greatest flash...won the Players out of nowhere (flash) then disappeared...relegated to GC analyst.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD took out #1 from TW in his prime, took a lot of consistent golf over time to do that ...shot 59...he did flame out but I have chew on that one for a minute.

DD is on the list, but he sustained it for a while...I'm gonna say Craig Perks was the greatest flash...won the Players out of nowhere (flash) then disappeared...relegated to GC analyst.

It would be hard to find a golfer who was so dialed in and then have a complete game breakdown more the David Duval. I resented the hell out of Duval back in the day. He was such a stoned faced zombie void of any discernible personality at a time when there was so many likable guys on tour.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He went from #1 in the world to absolute SHIT in a couple year's time. Never to be a challenger again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hard to find a golfer who was so dialed in and then have a complete game breakdown more the David Duval. I resented the hell out of Duval back in the day. He was such a stoned faced zombie void of any discernible personality at a time when there was so many likable guys on tour.

Not that I was big into college golf, but I knew of him @ Tech...kinda brash kid...took that to the PGAT...I always liked him I guess b/c of the local tie, but speaking of Rory backing out...DD was on top of the world when his girl called it off...rumor is that was the beginning of his collapse...put the weight back on, just lost it, played tournaments without much practice, b/c his Nike contract required it.

In terms of guys that flamed out...no doubt DD is on the list, but flash in the pan...he was more than a flash imo...DD was one of the top players in the world for nearly 3 years.