• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is our secondary one of the worse in the West?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming Mathieu is healthy, but if he is, I give them the edge. Peterson is a very good CB, and their top-two are very arguably better than our top guy (who is Brock, I guess?). Our safeties are better, but Mathieu prior to injury was in Reid's ballpark at least. And Yeremiah Bell is at least mostly sound.

Ahh that's his name did you have to google it crim? And if we are assuming Mathieu is healthy we have to assume Cully is healthy as well and IMO Cully is better then Cromartie. And a healthy Cully tilts the scales to me.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ahh that's his name did you have to google it crim? And if we are assuming Mathieu is healthy we have to assume Cully is healthy as well and IMO Cully is better then Cromartie. And a healthy Cully tilts the scales to me.

I did google Bell. I didn't see much of Cromartie last year, but not sure Cully's better.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did google Bell. I didn't see much of Cromartie last year, but not sure Cully's better.

Cromartie was bad last year. He did have a bad hip so that had something to do with it and this was just he eyeball test I don't get into the PFF #s and all that but I saw him get toasted quite a bit & he has always been a poor tackler/afraid of contact type. On paper this is a good move but unless Cro can rewind time back to 2010 it's going to be a long year for the Cards.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Cards signing Antonio Cromartie to pair with Peterson and Seattle's excellent secondary. Plus the Rams secondary not that bad either. Is it safe to say were in the bottom when it comes to secondary's in the NFC West?

It's 'worst,' not worse. The answer is yes, as far as the west is concerned.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell because it's obvious we're looking towards the draft to beef up the secondary.

So with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds we have quite a bit of room to improve in that area.

Draft can change things.. Still too early in the offseason to rank for next Sept… Gems are found sometimes in the draft.. Still a little surprised you guy's didn't nab Thurmond…

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: stop complaining, the 49ers have made it to three straight NFC championship games.

Im a 49ers fan, but honestly how can you make three straight NFC championship games and not win a Super Bowl? Its very hard for any team to make four straight NFC championship games and history has shown it doesn't happen often. The 49ers will be a force again, but I just don't see any reason the 49ers tried to become better once the off season started. The salary cap is difficult to deal with and its hard to bring in impact players, but I don't see the 49ers getting any better.

We had three shots at winning the super bowl and we didn't. Why you ask? Harbaugh is the reason. He got out coached and he is to blame. I say let him walk after this season, because whats the point on having a GREAT REGULAR SEASON TEAM, when we want a SUPER BOWL WINNING TEAM. I fear our window has come and gone, and it sucks. I hope im wrong, but only time will tell.

Agree or disagree. ..... :think:

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This thread is kind of like saying we are the dumbest kid at Harvard. Even if so, still ahead of the rest of the field. So what if we are the 4th best secondary in the NFC West, we can still be the 4th best secondary in the entire league (its a reach, I concede, Im just making an argument). Plus our front seven can rival that of any team in the league, so it all balances out in my opinion. Additionally, our off season isn't over, as we have a lot of draft picks to work with in a very good draft class.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im a 49ers fan, but honestly how can you make three straight NFC championship games and not win a Super Bowl? Its very hard for any team to make four straight NFC championship games and history has shown it doesn't happen often. The 49ers will be a force again, but I just don't see any reason the 49ers tried to become better once the off season started. The salary cap is difficult to deal with and its hard to bring in impact players, but I don't see the 49ers getting any better.

We had three shots at winning the super bowl and we didn't. Why you ask? Harbaugh is the reason. He got out coached and he is to blame. I say let him walk after this season, because whats the point on having a GREAT REGULAR SEASON TEAM, when we want a SUPER BOWL WINNING TEAM. I fear our window has come and gone, and it sucks. I hope im wrong, but only time will tell.

The Niners build through the draft, so expecting marked improvement due to FA isn't terribly realistic these days. The Niners' improvement will depend upon young veterans stepping in and playing well (Kilgore, Lattimore, Carradine, etc.) and one or two draft picks hopefully making some impact. There was concern about Bowman stepping in for Spikes, Boone stepping in for Snyder, Brock coming in over Asomugha (granted Asomugha and Snyder weren't particularly good), but those moves worked out very well for us. Let's see what we do in the draft, and how our young players come along, before we start demoting the team.

Remember, the Niners bounced back from a Super Bowl loss to come within a couple plays of returning. This team can defy expectations.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like people forget Seattle just lost 2 starting Corners from last season. Sure they are still a solid group with Sherman and their 2 starting safeties still there, but who plays opposite Sherman? Who plays Nickel? who comes in as the Dime guy? They are hurting for depth in the secondary right now with no guarantee the replacements will come anywhere close to equaling what was lost.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh yeah Kyle Williams coached himself into 2 fumbled Punt Returns. Crabtree coached the officials into not flagging two obvious penalties on him. It's all ok though because I'm pretty certain Harbaugh himself coached up the officials into the Drew Brees call just to avoid having home field in the playoffs because he knew it would be easier to get the officials to make calls against us in Seattle. Darn that horrible coach. I want Mike Singletary back right now!!!

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[YOUTUBE]O9TNz1-dI-Q[/YOUTUBE]

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's like people forget Seattle just lost 2 starting Corners from last season. Sure they are still a solid group with Sherman and their 2 starting safeties still there, but who plays opposite Sherman? Who plays Nickel? who comes in as the Dime guy? They are hurting for depth in the secondary right now with no guarantee the replacements will come anywhere close to equaling what was lost.

If Richard Sherman is still there, how did they lose two starting CBs? Both Browner and Thurmond started some games, but they started at the same spot. And Maxwell and Lane played well in the playoffs. I think the Seattle coaching staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on CB selection and development until the evidence suggests they shouldn't. Our CB situation is much shakier IMO.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browner was no loss… He didn't play for us half the year and the entire playoffs… Maxwell actually outplayed him … Max is opposite of Sherm

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Richard Sherman is still there, how did they lose two starting CBs? Both Browner and Thurmond started some games, but they started at the same spot. And Maxwell and Lane played well in the playoffs. I think the Seattle coaching staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on CB selection and development until the evidence suggests they shouldn't. Our CB situation is much shakier IMO.

Browner was the starter and Thurmond replaced him right during the suspension right? If not for the suspension I doubt anyone replaces Browner, but Thurmond did a good job when called upon. Maxwell and Lane have a lot to prove. A good playoff run doesn't mean much. They have to show it over a full season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner was the starter and Thurmond replaced him right during the suspension right? If not for the suspension I doubt anyone replaces Browner, but Thurmond did a good job when called upon. Maxwell and Lane have a lot to prove. A good playoff run doesn't mean much. They have to show it over a full season.

Max proved it… He was the guy teams thought was the weak link and he got attacked constantly and did nothing but played solid… Down the stretch in big game after big game Max stepped up… And yes your correct Thurmond did replace Browner down the stretch the year prior… But last season they both got suspended and that's when Max and Lane stepped in… Thurmond was actually outplaying Browner in down field coverage… Browner was good at being physical upfront at the line but was getting beat more down field...