• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Norris Cole actually a better player then Kyrie Irving?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I KNOW James isn't bolting back to the Cavs after next year, but the reason people were saying he might consider it was because of Kyrie.

If Norris would have been drafted by a crap team like the Cavs and have been thrown right into the spotlight like Kyrie was, was type of numbers do you think he would put up?

Norris had that certain something, something about him from the first time he stepped onto the court for the Heat in last years red/white game.

I know it doesn't hurt to have the players around him that he plays with, but still, just because you are given the shots doesn't mean you can/will make the shots.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get crazy now

I posed a question.

What has Kyrie done other then put up some big stats in almost all meaningless games?

Even on bad teams, SOMEBODY has to score.
When teams are beating your brains out, they don't care if an opponent puts up 25.

How many times was Kyrie the floor leader when the Cavs blew HUGE 4th qtr leads last season?

At the end of the day, Kyrie might actually hit some big shots in a meaningfull playoff game. However, to date, hasn't happend.

Without Norris, the Heat mght very well be down 2-1 vs up 2-1, and that is huge.
You know he knows that when he is givin minutes, he is always on the short hook should he make a mistake or 2. That is pressure on top of pressure.

Right now, with all the players we have, with all the talent we have on the court, Heat fans are happy when Norris has the ball in his hands.

That to me says alot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ on Cleveland was alone

Kyrie is alone. If he was on a good team, championship bound.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ on Cleveland was alone

Kyrie is alone. If he was on a good team, championship bound.

Seriously? I'm not bashing Kyrie, just praising Norris and making a comparison.

Put it this way. Norris is a hell of alot closer to being Kyrie, then Kyrie is to being James.

Please don't even use thier names (Kyrie/LeBron)in the same thread.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I KNOW James isn't bolting back to the Cavs after next year, but the reason people were saying he might consider it was because of Kyrie.

If Norris would have been drafted by a crap team like the Cavs and have been thrown right into the spotlight like Kyrie was, was type of numbers do you think he would put up?

Norris had that certain something, something about him from the first time he stepped onto the court for the Heat in last years red/white game.

I know it doesn't hurt to have the players around him that he plays with, but still, just because you are given the shots doesn't mean you can/will make the shots.

You did.

Cole is good. Kyrie would mash Cole. He was talking shit to Kobe that he could beat him 1-on-1, I wouldn't be suprised.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cute.

You know what I meant.

Look at the Cavs record with James.

Not look at the Cavs record with Irving.

YOU said they were both surrounded by not much.

End of discussion?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
td50137_fry-not-sure-if-trolling-jpg.72209

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did.

Cole is good. Kyrie would mash Cole. He was talking shit to Kobe that he could beat him 1-on-1, I wouldn't be suprised.

Maybe with the torn ACL:laugh3:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about let's see what Norris could do with Cleveland's shit roster and what Kyrie could do with El Heat's stacked roster?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cute.

You know what I meant.

Look at the Cavs record with James.

Not look at the Cavs record with Irving.

YOU said they were both surrounded by not much.

End of discussion?

I never compared em. Remember Kyrie is 20. 20.

Don't compare Cole and Kyrie. Cole is a good player no doubt, but cannot takeover like Kyrie. I guarantee if Kyrie had LBJ and Wade around him would be a top 5 player easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about let's see what Norris could do with Cleveland's shit roster and what Kyrie could do with El Heat's stacked roster?

:wave: You came back to your senses. :wave:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my point.

What exactly has Kyrie done?
I'm not saying the Cavs would have an more wins with Cole.
Record would probably be about the same.
That makes them interchangeable, and hence the name of the thread.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never compared em. Remember Kyrie is 20. 20.

Don't compare Cole and Kyrie. Cole is a good player no doubt, but cannot takeover like Kyrie. I guarantee if Kyrie had LBJ and Wade around him would be a top 5 player easy.

So I take it you missed the 2nd half of the game tonight or the big run the Heat made in game 2 to start the blowout?

Cole was the catalyst. YES. Of course it helps having James on the court, but regardless, Cole was the man.

So, we have Cole taking over meaningful playoff games, and what exactly has Kyrie taken over that you are refering to that ever meant anything?

Also, and it was just one game, but Norris ate Kyrie up in that final Heat/Cavs game in Cleveland this year, including stealing the ball from Kyrie with the game on the line (which sent Kyrie pounting into the locker room and blowing off the after game fan appreciation stuff).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point.

What exactly has Kyrie done?
I'm not saying the Cavs would have an more wins with Cole.
Record would probably be about the same.
That makes them interchangeable, and hence the name of the thread.

:nono: Considering Kyrie got hurt 3 different times this year. Probably missed half if not more of the games.

Luke Walton plays. Luke "Fucking" Walton.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it you missed the 2nd half of the game tonight or the big run the Heat made in game 2 to start the blowout?

Cole was the catalyst. YES. Of course it helps having James on the court, but regardless, Cole was the man.

So, we have Cole taking over meaningful playoff games, and what exactly has Kyrie taken over that you are refering to that ever meant anything?

Also, and it was just one game, but Norris ate Kyrie up in that final Heat/Cavs game in Cleveland this year, including stealing the ball from Kyrie with the game on the line (which sent Kyrie pounting into the locker room and blowing off the after game fan appreciation stuff).

What I get from this thread is you haven't seen Kyrie play. Best ball handler in the game probably, good 3 pt shooter, mid-range is $$, can finish with the best of him. Remonds me of Wade, excpet better 3-pt shooter.

Cole is a role player, that can score in burst, but WONT consistently do that. C'mon man you can't argue he is up to Kyries level. He had a great 2nd half okay. He will never be Kyrie.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: Considering Kyrie got hurt 3 different times this year. Probably missed half if not more of the games.

Luke Walton plays. Luke "Fucking" Walton.

I hope it isn't a pattern that continues to happen, but Kyrie is ALWAYS injured. At Duke, at summer camp, and like you pointed out, alot of both his NBA seasons.
Man seems to just be one of those guys who is made of glass.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I get from this thread is you haven't seen Kyrie play. Best ball handler in the game probably, good 3 pt shooter, mid-range is $$, can finish with the best of him. Remonds me of Wade, excpet better 3-pt shooter.

Cole is a role player, that can score in burst, but WONT consistently do that. C'mon man you can't argue he is up to Kyries level. He had a great 2nd half okay. He will never be Kyrie.

If there isn't a Heat home game, and the Cavs are playing, Im watching it either full time, or going back and forth between the Heat road games and the Cavs.

You are on one hand saying Kyrie plays with alot of garbage, which I for the most part agree. That though, would lead to possibly false type statistics becasue it is an NBA game and SOMEBODY has to score some points. If he's the primary ball handler, shooter, etc.. he will usually hve no porblem getting his 20.
I think Norris with that same role on that same team could probably do the same type of thing.
Like I said, Kyrie is the face of the future. He gets all th minutes he wants. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder.

As far as Cole, how do you know what he could do if given the shot?
He was fortunate enough to be on a championship team in year one.
You can bet your ass when the Heat has to start making tough decisions next summer that they will be thrilled that Norris is only finishing up year 3 on his contract and they don't really need to address or worry about the PG position.