• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Muschamp's Seat Getting Warm?

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all aware of the 11-1 regular season that the Gators had last year, and most knowledgeable CFB fans would agree that the Gators over-achieved, somewhat. That being said, last year's offense wasn't up to Gator standards, and fans were expecting things to get better this season. It is evident, that things have even gotten worse, and the Gators are looking at a very mediocre season, at best. So, I ask fans of CFB, "Just how long do you think the Gator masses will put up with this crap?"

The Gator offense has been pitiful, no matter who is at the QB position. When former Boise OC, Brent Pease, was brought in to lead the Gator offense, most fans thought we were going to see an exciting offense, much like the one he ran at Boise. What has happened to his creativity. Hell, the 5th graders on the playground are more creative than the Gator O has been. Why? Has Muschamp put restraints on Pease? Is he insisting that Pease keep running this run, run, run, protect from mistakes offense? I'm just befuddled with the product they are putting on the field, and ultimately, the HC is the one to blame.

Now, here is the kicker. Will Muschamp is 22-11 overall, after 33 games at Florida, and is 13-8 in SEC play. Ron Zook was 20-13, and 14-7 in SEC play. However, Zook's 33rd game was a loss to Miss State, and he was fired two days later. The records are close to even. Jeremy Foley fired Zook, but is, currently, supporting Muschamp. How much longer will that support last?

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
Florida just needs another stud QB

but then again if Charlie Strong keeps winning a VILLE and Florida keeps doing what they are doing now

then yes certainly the seat will get very warm

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Florida have bad recruiting classes? Still ranked in the Top Ten in recruiting classes.

Maybe the penalties against Miami might cut into the Hurricane Momentum.

Will Florida want to hunt for a head coach the same year USC is? The same year that Mack Brown might be gone?

That would be wild to have a job Head Coach opening in the three hotbeds of recruiting. As others have stated, this is a GREAT year to be a head coach on the upswing. Many coaches will see ridiculous salary increases.

A shame to. No head coach has ever cured a disease. Or had a scientific breakthrough for the betterment of mankind. Or solved world peace.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Florida has been bitten with the injury bug.

Or you can be stupid, fire him and get a worse coach if you want. I hear Kiffin is available.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if it's Pease or Muschamp who is running the offense the way it's being run... That being said, there are zero offensive systems out there that can be effective with the MASH unit the Gators call an offensive line... Murphy has defenders in the backfield before he even gets the ball in shotgun sometimes...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Pease was shocked when he saw the talent at Florida. I do not mean that in a good way. I watch Florida and they look like the 2010 Texas team. I very good defense and a brutal offense. One that seems to be grasping for answers under the tutelage of a former Boise OC. The truth for Harsin is the same for PEase. The talent is not particularly great on that side of the ball and the offensive line is hot garbage. Fans love to yammer about play calling, but when your 5 OL cant block the 4 guys in front there are few plays that work.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Maybe like the low setting on a car seat warmer. If they end up 6-6 or worse, it will get a little warmer.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Moore

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that the gators are bad

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are four serious landmines to his "hot seat" security left in 2013:

1. Arch Rival and battered Georgia put a 3rd straight loss on them
2. Ex Florida coach Spurrier puts a loss on them
3. Ex Florida coach Urban Meyer goes undefeated elsewhere again
4. State rival Florida State add a loss to the state rival Miami (FL) loss as well

If those 4 things happen, you never know.

He better win 2 out 3 versus Georgia, USCe, and FSU to be totally safe.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tony! How you doing?

I have agree about Muschamp, he has to be sweating a bit.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Muschamp and hire Bob Stoops. At least my problem is solved.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Florida has been bitten with the injury bug.

Or you can be stupid, fire him and get a worse coach if you want. I hear Kiffin is available.

I will hunt you down and beat you for just putting that out in the Universe for mentioning that jackwads name and Florida in the same paragraph!!! :mad:

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, might want to check his pants.

joe-paterno-diarrhea-o.gif

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all aware of the 11-1 regular season that the Gators had last year, and most knowledgeable CFB fans would agree that the Gators over-achieved, somewhat. That being said, last year's offense wasn't up to Gator standards, and fans were expecting things to get better this season. It is evident, that things have even gotten worse, and the Gators are looking at a very mediocre season, at best. So, I ask fans of CFB, "Just how long do you think the Gator masses will put up with this crap?"

The Gator offense has been pitiful, no matter who is at the QB position. When former Boise OC, Brent Pease, was brought in to lead the Gator offense, most fans thought we were going to see an exciting offense, much like the one he ran at Boise. What has happened to his creativity. Hell, the 5th graders on the playground are more creative than the Gator O has been. Why? Has Muschamp put restraints on Pease? Is he insisting that Pease keep running this run, run, run, protect from mistakes offense? I'm just befuddled with the product they are putting on the field, and ultimately, the HC is the one to blame.

Now, here is the kicker. Will Muschamp is 22-11 overall, after 33 games at Florida, and is 13-8 in SEC play. Ron Zook was 20-13, and 14-7 in SEC play. However, Zook's 33rd game was a loss to Miss State, and he was fired two days later. The records are close to even. Jeremy Foley fired Zook, but is, currently, supporting Muschamp. How much longer will that support last?

Regarding Brent Pease, just like Bryan Harsin, they both had to coach in real conferences and not that elementary school conference known as the MWC. It's just the triple reverse pass play works very well in the MWC, but you can't run that shit in a real conference. Hell, look how former coaches from BSU have fared when coaching in real conferences: they get fired within 3-4 years and fail miserably.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like when Meyer left Utah for Florida.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's football, success is centered on the QB. Got one, then your job is easier. If ya don't, then problems elsewhere on the roster get much worse.

Having a good QB has always been important in college football, but today it is crucial.

The game has changed in the past 10 years or so, whereby a game manager, good running game and solid defense was the formula to win. I think you see today the coaches that are on hot seats, don't have that quarterback.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs a stud OC...you see this alot with college coaches...Muschamp is a defensive genius, he just needs someone with a similar skill set on the other side of the ball...he's got another two years and then we might see a change...these high profile jobs come with a steep risk