• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Miles Austin playing for a future contract this season?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of see it that way. I know that Jerry is possibly getting tired of Austin being on the sidelines given his big contract. I see Williams as the future #2 wideout. The combination of Beasly and Harris could replace Austin in 2014 as the slot guy. A motivated Austin would not be a bad thing.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Austin making to the end of this contract on the Cowboys

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the reason we drafted Williams.

When that cap hits hard..... even guys that aren't breaking the bank for the team are going to have to worry. Austin being one. Ratliff being another. I'd say Scandrick is on the cutting block the most. He makes way to much to be a 3rd Corner.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:If Miles can remain healthy and stay on the field, along with the O-line playing better, I expect him to have a huge year. Dez and Witten will draw all the attention early in the season with coverages.

Last edited by a moderator:

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin should get starter minutes out wide. I love Beasly in the slot. Coincidentally if Williams shows something Miles may be geared for snaps in the slot and that will be at Beasly's expense. Harris will also see some action both out wide and inside as he did last year. With Dez being the ultimate target the other WRs need to show they can run precise routes and do the little things that are needed when the ball goes to others. It would be nice to see some of the injury ridden players this team has do a turn about and play 16 games. Drafting Williams is more than a message. Austin a smart. I hope he shows us his talent this season and shows us he is here to play.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the O-line plays a lot better we May get our wish offensively and put up some very nice numbers. I'm petrified of the defense though, especially the D-line.