• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is LBF an every down ILb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an article on how we suck vs. TEs. London Fletcher included. And it's not just against top flight TEs. And it hasn't been just this year. It's been an ongoing thing for the past few seasons. And Fletcher is a part of the problem. You can point to interceptions if you'd like, but that's not the sole indicator of COVERAGE and defense. We give up a TON of yardage and a TON of TDs through the air to tight ends. London Fletcher is a big liability in pass coverage vs Tight Ends, there is no argument against that.

Redskins Defense Struggling to Cover Tight Ends - Hogs Haven

Aside from not getting pressure on the quarterback, it is our biggest issue on defense.

the article you site has RILEY being beaten not LBF . add to it the gresham is 6-5 260 and had 64 catches for 5tds and i would say he is at least a top ten TE

so i will go back to what i have been saying , no ILBS are winning that match-up but yet we expect LBF to ?

the guy had 5 picks IN COVERAGE . covering a TE is only part of coverage in the overall scheme . you cant intercept passes on a consistent basis if you cant cover .

now again i understand the need and want for getting robinson on the field for some snaps and that should be the stated reason . not that he is poor in coverage against te's no one can cover at his position

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is London Fletcher. And he was beaten repeatedly in the same fashion for the past two seasons.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is London Fletcher. And he was beaten repeatedly in the same fashion for the past two seasons.

the wording underneath is saying riley

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all about being right on the assupmtion that LBF is at fault . the article warpath sights has RILEY being beaten not LBF .
im not even saying fletcher is the problem anymore, im just saying do what we need to do to cover tight ends on third down.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wording underneath is saying riley

you have on play where LBF is beaten . 2 for riley , 1 for gomes .

and again i said no ILB is covering a 6-5 athletic TE and the examples are all 6-5 gresham , 6-7 graham and gonzo 6-5 and 2 of those guys i mentioned BY NAME are guys i said no ILB in the NFL is covering

and for the last 2 years every ILB in the NFL is getting beaten by the tall athletic TE

and again ILB's dont soley cover te's and you dont get 5 picks as an inside ILB unless you have some coverage skills . are ints the sole measure for coverage ability ? no , but i didnt say they were .

what i am saying is you are bagging on LBF for a fault that NO ILB can do. so why bust LBF for not being able to do some no one else at his position can ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not even saying fletcher is the problem anymore, im just saying do what we need to do to cover tight ends on third down.

arent you making the arguement that LBF is poor in coverage ? arent you saying he cant cover tall athletic te's ? i am debating that . the facts are no TE is being covered by any NFL ILB on a consistent basis period so why are we busting LBF for not doing what no other ILB can do ?

i am sorry but i am not buying that position because it is flawed .

i have conceded the need to get young robby on the field . i have conceded that next season the bottom could fall out on on LBF .

but to say the guy who has a very good nummber of INTS for his position (5) means he is pond scum in the area of pass coverage is not backed up

now we may have to as other teams may have to put our saftey on him to get the match-up we need to

at 6-3 robby could provide a better match-up but he has yet to prove that and many 6-3 ilbs cant cover those types of TE's

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you just want to plug your ears when it comes to Fletcher. So believe what you want. We were dead last in defending against tight ends. So you can keep giving excuses that certain guys are elite, but we allowed those kinds of plays against lesser tight ends as well. Why? Because our defense sucks at covering tight ends. How you can watch this team and not acknowledge that as fact and continue to give excuses, is baffling.

Again, DEAD LAST in defending tight ends. Worst in the league in giving up yardage to TEs. Worst in the league in giving up TDs to TEs. Yeah, other teams have problems against the elite guys. But none of them were dead last. And Fletcher is a big part of it.

Again DEAD LAST.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London Fletcher isn't the only culprit in this, but he is definitely a major contributor.

Teams game plan to get him one on one against a tight end. And they win that battle far more than they lose it when they single him out.

I like Fletcher a lot, he's been one of my favorite Redskins over the past ten years. But it doesn't make sense to ignore or brush off what his obvious weaknesses are.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you just want to plug your ears when it comes to Fletcher. So believe what you want. We were dead last in defending against tight ends. So you can keep giving excuses that certain guys are elite, but we allowed those kinds of plays against lesser tight ends as well. Why? Because our defense sucks at covering tight ends. How you can watch this team and not acknowledge that as fact and continue to give excuses, is baffling.

Again, DEAD LAST in defending tight ends. Worst in the league in giving up yardage to TEs. Worst in the league in giving up TDs to TEs. Yeah, other teams have problems against the elite guys. But none of them were dead last. And Fletcher is a big part of it.

Again DEAD LAST.

AGAIN , you showed one clip that was on LBF ONE Everything i have given has been fact . I sighted his INTS , i SIGHTED that coverage isnt soley about TE's I said no ILB in the NFL can cover that type of player and NO ONE has refuted that > NOT ONE

the fact that our defense was the worst VS te's means it is ALL on LBF ? what about RILEY OR OUR safeties ? they get a pass?

and for LBF to be a big part of that then how come you have only one clip of him being beat? how do you know riley or our safeties werent beaten like a drum ? LBF had more PICKS then anyone on the team so he was a big part of it ?

you equate the defense failures vs TE's as LBF's (BIG PART OF ) fault which simply doesnt stand up pass rush poor safety help are all factors as well as asking overmatched ILbs to cover te's they arent equipped to handle

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're not even reading what I wrote. Anyways, nice talking to you.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone sees it but you. There was a site that documented it in much more detail, but that site that had the film breakdown seems to be down at the moment.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are the stats

saints 6 rec by te's LBF gave up one for 4yds . 1
rams 4 rec by tes lbf 1-13 yds
cinn 6 rec , lbf beaten 2 for 47 yds in double coverage with kerrigan and hall . 2 pds on tes
tb 4 rec . LBF not beaten at all
falcons 13 rec beaten 3 times in coverage of which only once was he in single coverage
vikes 7 rec by te's LBF not beaten 1 pd on the TE
giants 5 rec lbf beaten once in double coverage with riley the other guy
steelers 5 rec 1-25 yds by LBF one PD
panthers 6 rec 4 rec on LBF 2 of which were for 5 yds a piece on 1st down 2 more for 26 yds
eagles 6 rec 1 rec for -3 yds on LBF 1pd
boys 9 rec , 1 rec on lbf in single coverage for 6 yds , 1 for 7 seven yds with loax in double coverage 1 pd
giants 6 rec 1-4 yds in single coverage , 1-16 yds with hall in double coverage
ravens 5 rec 1-9 yds on LBF
browns 7 rec 1-8 yds on LBF 1-4 yds on LBF with double coverage with hall
eagles 3 rec 1-7 yds in double coverage with gomes
boys 10 rec 2-20 yds in double coverage with riley

now for the totals 103 rec by te's 15 of those on LBF as far as catches go 11 when he was in double coverage and 5 pds

so by my math 14 % of all rec , by te's can be directly linked to LBF in single coverage
25% if you count double coverage and assign all blame on him for that failure

now that discounts a rec for negative yardage which is a win and a few rec for 7 yds or less that didnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things

now how much more evidence do i have to put forth to make my case that LBF isnt as bad in coverage as we think ? he had 5 ints which i didnt count .

now you can call me blind etc . but i put facts on the table

now after all of this and what seems to be lost here is that i AGREE, we should get robby on the field more .
i AGREE that LBF's age could affect his coverage in 2013 . the end could come soon

what i am saying is i dont buy the "he is weak in pass coverage" nonsense because the stats show otherwise

as for te's the stats show he held his own vs tall te's and he isnt the sole or even major part of the problem as far as our rankings go vs te's in general

that could change next season but up until this point LBF is as good in pass coverage as any other ILB in the NFL

is it his strong suit ? no

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player plays......simple. If there is a situation where Fletcher is not the best player, he should be on the bench....period/

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great to see ya here brock hope you hang around :suds:

sieteseisju

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fletcher doesn't play every down because he doesn't play on the offense.