• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to start Baby Hawk?

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The kid has done nothing but impress, I dont get why he's isnt starting or at least taking over Tate's duties, let Tate go so he can be on Dancing with the Stars, give little Hawk the touches

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should start in the slot and return punts....at least....

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is useful, but as a fourth receiver and downfield blocker in the run game.....he's also useful because the other outside alternative is Simpson.....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given his size and his skill-set, I think it's pretty clear that he's a slot guy and a punt returner. Is he well utilized? No. Neither is Leonard for that manner. While I don't think Hawk or Leonard can be an every down player, the coaching staff needs to learn how to get them more plays and not just run out the same old bullshit that other teams have already seen on tape. It wouldn't kill us to put Benson, Caldwell and Scott on the bench a little more.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting to the point with our secondary, I consider trying to get Hawk some reps as a 3rd CB during the practice week. He played two ways in college. If the little white dude from NE can do it, we should consider it.

Jennings scares the hell out of me.

Otehr than that, yeah, I like him as the slot reciever with Green and Simpson wide.

Next year when Shipley is healthy, having:

Green and Simpson on the outside with Shipley and Hawk in the slot, and Gresham lined up at TE would make a hell of a fast paced spread offese for a series or two.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He should stay in the slot. Green and Simpson should clearly be the starters IMO

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind Caldwell. He has a knack of getting open and finding the soft spot in the zone. And while he has the occasional drop, he still makes plays in big time situations when the ball is thrown his way.

Much like everyone else, I'd like to see Hawkins get more plays run for him, but keep in mind he's doing what he's doing as the 4th receiver on the field. The game changes as the 3rd.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind Caldwell. He has a knack of getting open and finding the soft spot in the zone. And while he has the occasional drop, he still makes plays in big time situations when the ball is thrown his way.

Much like everyone else, I'd like to see Hawkins get more plays run for him, but keep in mind he's doing what he's doing as the 4th receiver on the field. The game changes as the 3rd.

He's had his moments (especially in 2009), but he's also had moments where he cost us points (oakland 09; buffalo 11)..... It should also be noted that he was the intended target on each of Dalton's INTs in Baltimore. That's not to say he was at fault, but it makes you wonder.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it all...

AJ on one side.

Split out Gresham on the other.

Hawk in the slot.

if you need a TE to block..then use Lee.

Match that up on defense.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well probably trade him when Shipley re-assumes his slot position.
or, well get Tate out of here.
The WR crew will get crowded when everyone is rehabed next season.

Now, for the time being, if you only have 3 on the field, Green - primary, Simpson - possession, and Hawkins in the slot should be the way to go. Caldwell is not as fast as Hawkins in the slot, so only use him for subs and 4 receiver sets. One reason we brought in T.O. was Caldwell.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is a good 4th WR, and a good sub as the slot, but Hawkins just has big play written all over him. He should be the starting slot guy. Also if we are gonna run out of 3 wide Caldwell is a good guy to have in there.