• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to have a mature conversation on deflategate?

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's news and hopefully it will be over. If I was news chief again, I'd scratch any story related to this BS. Media needs to grow up and be more socially responsible. They are the biggest money hounds.

sanity is boring ... and worse, it ain't a money maker

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sanity is boring ... and worse, it ain't a money maker

True, news is not a money maker anymore in traditional media, even the newswires are suffering, Twitter always wins. Those twitters always grab the story first.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closure, it's all about closure. Today, is many months from that, so Rock will keep you entertained on the meanwhile. That's if he can wake up wake up wake up.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like when's the movie coming out?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, the kind of conversation where we can sit around a campfire and sing kumbayah my lord, stuff like that, hold hands, and absolve the demonic Patriots of their wayward methodologies?

Honestly? I think emotions are still running high on both sides..

But good try! :)

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 days until Deflategate is finally put to at least 2 scrolls down the pages ... until then ...

... the owners now have to decide whether to preserve what's left of the CBA or fire Goodell

... Garappolo has to take acting lessons on how to appear indifferent

... Giselle has to learn how to make a sandwich or look for a job on a Brazilian version of "The View."

... Pittsburgh, buffalo, dallas, and Indy, have to breathe a sigh of relief knowing there's no possibility of getting beat by a second stringer to the MVP

... Seahawks fans' sphincters haven't relaxed one wrinkle, and wouldn't anyway until the playoffs

... Crazy Brady fans are still drunk (but no one can tell)

... NE football fans are just a bit disappointed they won't get to see the future w/o TB

... and haters are now completely convinced

The best thing on these boards right now is the Dudes countdown

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question I have is this. If Berman's decision had sided with Goodell's team, would Tgann be as indifferent as he's acting now or would he and his little retarded friend tedman be spooging out threads all over the board?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money talks, but how much of their success do they actually credit Goodell with? And how much more egg in their collective faces will they tolerate before they decide to find a different figurehead? You know, maybe one with a legal background that won't keep making major blunders like this?
It's not a small thing that he keeps losing these battles.

Yes, a Commisioner has to imo have some legal knowledge but if that was the best legal team Goodell could get what does it say about those Lawyers? I mean they deserve to get some critizism here too.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same BS your blind homers have been saying all along. You can't be convinced otherwise and that's fine. No one else will be swayed either. Let it go. There is ZERO in what happened today that proved his innocence just like there wasn't much that proved his guilt in earlier parts of the case. We are all left to fill in the blanks ourselves and we have. There is nothing else to hash out in it.

I prefer to base opinion on known facts, and there are none that link Brady to the intentional deflation of footballs.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question I have is this. If Berman's decision had sided with Goodell's team, would Tgann be as indifferent as he's acting now or would he and his little retarded friend tedman be spooging out threads all over the board?
oh, they would be furiously jerking each other off, while staring into each others eyes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady*
Forever

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something definitely happened, otherwise Kraft and the Patriots wouldn't have accepted the fine. I find it hard to believe that someone like Brady*, who is quite influential in that organization, had no clue about it. Just understanding the gravity of the "rule breaking" or "cheating", the punishments provided were very severe. Ideally it should have been a fine or at the most loss of some later round draft picks. But this is where is got botched up.

1. Patriots and the fans coming out all armed and dangerous when it was just reported that there was some act of deflating footballs. Kraft demanding apology and what not.
2. Goodell backed by majority of the owners decided to issue one of the harshest punishment, because maybe they are all tired of the Patriots shenanigans.
3. Brady* being arrogant and refusing to cooperate during the whole thing.
4. The NFL fighting this case in the most suckiest way they could possibly have. Not to mention that they had zero solid evidence to prove their findings.
5. The NFL refusing to come to that middle ground laid out by Brady* and the PA.

In the end, Brady* and his lawyers just took advantage of the fact that they knew there was no solid evidence to prove that something was going on. They knew the NFL were sloppy in their process and their rules and just took advantage of it. I am sure if Kessler was fighting for the NFL, the NFL would have won this case.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something definitely happened, otherwise Kraft and the Patriots wouldn't have accepted the fine. I find it hard to believe that someone like Brady*, who is quite influential in that organization, had no clue about it. Just understanding the gravity of the "rule breaking" or "cheating", the punishments provided were very severe. Ideally it should have been a fine or at the most loss of some later round draft picks. But this is where is got botched up.

1. Patriots and the fans coming out all armed and dangerous when it was just reported that there was some act of deflating footballs. Kraft demanding apology and what not.
2. Goodell backed by majority of the owners decided to issue one of the harshest punishment, because maybe they are all tired of the Patriots shenanigans.
3. Brady* being arrogant and refusing to cooperate during the whole thing.
4. The NFL fighting this case in the most suckiest way they could possibly have. Not to mention that they had zero solid evidence to prove their findings.
5. The NFL refusing to come to that middle ground laid out by Brady* and the PA.

In the end, Brady* and his lawyers just took advantage of the fact that they knew there was no solid evidence to prove that something was going on. They knew the NFL were sloppy in their process and their rules and just took advantage of it. I am sure if Kessler was fighting for the NFL, the NFL would have won this case.

This, negates everything else you wrote.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something definitely happened, otherwise Kraft and the Patriots wouldn't have accepted the fine.

That's really not true. Kraft probably decided that the effort to prove his innocence was probably too costly in a lot of ways, financial, reputation and his relationships with other owners. He didn't want to pull an Al Davis. There's also the ignorance is no excuse penalty which is sort of a catch-all infraction. I think he was laying down the olive branch with the hope the NFL would respond in kind.