• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to have a mature conversation on deflategate?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay and Bisciotti pushed for this investigation and have been backing Goodell. Now that Kraft has broken his allegiance with him and the afore mentioned owners are left with their tails between their legs, how much more support does Goodell have? This is the story here now.

Can the less vocal owners continue to want to stick with the status quo under the guise that they are making money hands over fists with this clown at the helm knowing their CBA has all but been torn up in this ruling, or should I say, this latest string of rulings that have destroyed it?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he confess to something he didn't do? And if you think he did, what evidence are you basing it on?

It worked out well for Tom Brady in the courts because he and the Pats org are smart. Don't get defensive, I've said from day one that Brady could have said:

"Yeah, I asked the ball guys to inflate to the lowest possible level. If they went a little under I apologize and accept my punishment."

HOWEVER, and in hindsight, maybe RG would have seen such humility by TB as a weakness, as a bigger threat and RG asks for greater penalty. Any way you slice it, the NFL was abusive in this affair, because of RG's perseverance and headstrongness. He will end up biting the bullet and being the commish that decided that spending millions of dollars to pursue a ridiculous investigation was somehow, OK.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, your opinion isn't based in any factual information so switch it to something else instead of explaining.:thumb:

Truth works in three phases,

Ridicule
Violent resistance
Self evidence

You're almost there. To the truth.
Same BS your blind homers have been saying all along. You can't be convinced otherwise and that's fine. No one else will be swayed either. Let it go. There is ZERO in what happened today that proved his innocence just like there wasn't much that proved his guilt in earlier parts of the case. We are all left to fill in the blanks ourselves and we have. There is nothing else to hash out in it.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay and Bisciotti pushed for this investigation and have been backing Goodell. Now that Kraft has broken his allegiance with him and the afore mentioned owners are left with their tails between their legs, how much more support does Goodell have? This is the story here now.

Can the less vocal owners continue to want to stick with the status quo under the guise that they are making money hands over fists with this clown at the helm knowing their CBA has all but been torn up in this ruling, or should I say, this latest string of rulings that have destroyed it?

After today's Berman ruling I thought the owners may call off their dog(s) but the sad part of all this is under Goodell, the NFL is making record profits ... profits that are multiplying every year ... and this offseason BS will only add to their pockets ... this whole fiasco got our attention with the idea of "integrity," but we forget this is merely another company in the American entertainment industry ... where virtue is a comedy act

I don't think the CBA is a big issue with the owners ... not anymore anyway

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today's Berman ruling I thought the owners may call off their dog(s) but the sad part of all this is under Goodell, the NFL is making record profits ... profits that are multiplying every year ... and this offseason BS will only add to their pockets ... this whole fiasco got our attention with the idea of "integrity," but we forget this is merely another company in the American entertainment industry ... where virtue is a comedy act

I don't think the CBA is a big issue with the owners ... not anymore anyway
Several writers who have been speaking to various owners are saying this isn't a minor thing.

The question is what are the owners that carry the most weight thinking at this point? What is Jones saying behind the scenes? How about Allen? Mara? Because clearly Goodell's power has been hurt and he is losing some of whatever backing he had.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was nice that ne pats gave up 2 picks and a million bucks for nothing !!!! kraft is a dumbass

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several writers who have been speaking to various owners are saying this isn't a minor thing.

The question is what are the owners that carry the most weight thinking at this point? What is Jones saying behind the scenes? How about Allen? Mara? Because clearly Goodell's power has been hurt and he is losing some of whatever backing he had.

That is the question ... are the owners of NFL franchises willing to go along for another bumpy ride?

Maybe, if it brings them more traffic and ad dollars, oh what a greedy world we live in.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they're fat cat businessmen who could give a rats sphincter about any figurehead commissioner they got in there ... they do have to see a little mud in their (or their company's/league's) eyes and see the right business move to get rid of Goodell ... Their next action or no action will be telling about their agenda as a group ...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're fat cat businessmen who could give a rats sphincter about any figurehead commissioner they got in there ... they do have to see a little mud in their (or their company's/league's) eyes and see the right business move to get rid of Goodell ... Their next action or no action will be telling about their agenda as a group ...
Money talks, but how much of their success do they actually credit Goodell with? And how much more egg in their collective faces will they tolerate before they decide to find a different figurehead? You know, maybe one with a legal background that won't keep making major blunders like this?
It's not a small thing that he keeps losing these battles.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was nice that ne pats gave up 2 picks and a million bucks for nothing !!!! kraft is a dumbass

dumbass that white guy hair i lik futbol yes, but canna spell . foking cheatriots !!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it all boils down to money and greed. Hmm, maybe we should take a step back and smell the roses.

And then, analyze what happened.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money talks, but how much of their success do they actually credit Goodell with? And how much more egg in their collective faces will they tolerate before they decide to find a different figurehead? You know, maybe one with a legal background that won't keep making major blunders like this?
It's not a small thing that he keeps losing these battles.

Don't forget that mud or egg we're talking about is, in the bigger sense, harmless to the owners ... a smarter or more substantial commissioner would have given us a much more uneventful offseason ... If they fire Goodell it'll be for show only ... IMO

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it all boils down to money and greed. Hmm, maybe we should take a step back and smell the roses.

And then, analyze what happened.

I don't think this abortion was staged as much as it's just a cluster fuck ... but hey, if it's raining money, put out a bucket ...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this abortion was staged as much as it's just a cluster fuck ... but hey, if it's raining money, put out a bucket ...

It's rather sad that the media will stop at nothing. I've been in PR for 25+ years, I confess to the mess it is and feel like a culprit. In fact, we are all guilty of such nonsense.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking Seattle fan calling others "blind homers"?????

Oh my.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rather sad that the media will stop at nothing. I've been in PR for 25+ years, I confess to the mess it is and feel like a culprit. In fact, we are all guilty of such nonsense.

I've been in newspapers that long and we all have to admit reality is getting harder to keep in focus ... pR, marketing, journalism, and now social media have unabashedly melted into one pile of BS ...

... and that's the plaything of the powerful ... but that's creepy talk, ain't it?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in newspapers that long and we all have to admit reality is getting harder to keep in focus ... pR, marketing, journalism, and now social media have unabashedly melted into one pile of BS ...

... and that's the plaything of the powerful ... but that's creepy talk, ain't it?

It's news and hopefully it will be over. If I was news chief again, I'd scratch any story related to this BS. Media needs to grow up and be more socially responsible. They are the biggest money hounds.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3