• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it Ohio State's fault?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an issue with what OSU has done vs its competition. We can all say Baylor, FSU, and OSU have bad schedules, but OSU's relative performance has not been as good. Basing it on computer rankings that measure relative performance OSU is behind the others..

S&P+: 1. FSU 2. Bama 3. Baylor.....8. OSU
FEI: 1. Bama 3. FSU 6. Baylor 9. OSU

Baylor is averaging 43.8 pt wins vs 30.6 for OSU. Not saying it means that much, but there is not a lot to argue for OSU at this pt. It sucks, but it is what it is.
Does it matter than there are 2nd string in just after the half in some games and 3rd string by the 4th?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the CAL game and yeah the Buckeyes put them to sleep after that game.

2014 Class will just add to Depth

Great times ahead for the Buckeyes

Are you saying the reason Cal is going to finish 1-11 is because tOSU beat them?

THey almost lost to Portland State and scored in the mid 30s vs Cal.

One of Cal's best offensive performance came vs tOSU.

Or am I missing something?:noidea:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an issue with what OSU has done vs its competition. We can all say Baylor, FSU, and OSU have bad schedules, but OSU's relative performance has not been as good. Basing it on computer rankings that measure relative performance OSU is behind the others..

S&P+: 1. FSU 2. Bama 3. Baylor.....8. OSU
FEI: 1. Bama 3. FSU 6. Baylor 9. OSU

Baylor is averaging 43.8 pt wins vs 30.6 for OSU. Not saying it means that much, but there is not a lot to argue for OSU at this pt. It sucks, but it is what it is.

It is what it is.

Buckeyes win out they go to the Rose Bowl and play Oregon.

could careless about the Nations perception of Ohio State if they go 26-0 by the end of this year

winning cures all ills

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter than there are 2nd string in just after the half in some games and 3rd string by the 4th?

Not really man. All the top teams can say the same. Baylors first string didnt play a second half until like their 5th game of the year. LOL.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see all those AP rankings in the mid 2000s?

That is when the game was scheduled and Cal hung out in the top 15 quite a bit. I wasnt speaking of where the team finished.

Since we are going off of a teams perceived strength when a game is scheduled 25 years of Cal's scheduling was a huge waste of time and another chance for you to chant SEC to inflate your fragile ego.

Didn't Bama schedule Michigan when they were 3-9?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Big10 is all that bad top to bottom. People just only care about top25 teams and that is what gives them a bad name. Outside Ohio St, the have pretty much Wisconsin and Michigan St this year as top25 teams.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run D is fine its the pass D that has been abysmal.....the defensive play calling on passing downs is downright mind boggling at times

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying the reason Cal is going to finish 1-11 is because tOSU beat them?

THey almost lost to Portland State and scored in the mid 30s vs Cal.

One of Cal's best offensive performance came vs tOSU.

Or am I missing something?:noidea:

are you using the CAL game to feel good about Oregon's chances?

and no I think CAL put their own season to sleep, but I do find it funny that there are some teams that go dark after they have played the Buckeyes, Northwestern is a good example this year, they were good and then poof.

Buckeyes played CAL early in the year, since then teams have been able to see what they are good and bad at and have taken advantage.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Baylor loses who is the media going to bandwagon to jump ohio state in the bcs if bama/fsu were to lose?

I still dont see Baylor higher in the final BCS standings if both are undefeated.....especially if Ohio State gets an 11-1 Sparty in the B1G title game

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run D is fine its the pass D that has been abysmal.....the defensive play calling on passing downs is downright mind boggling at times

the Pass D is either good or oh look another blown coverage, but then again OC's are designing plays to get guys open against soft zone coverages. When the D gives you a 8 yard hook up 15 times a game take it.

Our coverage against quick WR screens is weak, but that is what that play is designed for.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Big10 is all that bad top to bottom. People just only care about top25 teams and that is what gives them a bad name. Outside Ohio St, the have pretty much Wisconsin and Michigan St this year as top25 teams.

I would disagree strongly.

THe bottom of the B1G is putrid right now.

Three very good teams in WIsky, MSU, and Ohio State with a few teams having decent seasons and a few more having very disappointing seasons.

Illinois, Purdue are absolutely terrible.

Poor Illinois is going to go 0 for 3 years in conference.:L

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Pass D is either good or oh look another blown coverage, but then again OC's are designing plays to get guys open against soft zone coverages. When the D gives you a 8 yard hook up 15 times a game take it.

Our coverage against quick WR screens is weak, but that is what that play is designed for.

The times they actually decide to play aggressive coverage they are effective.

The soft zone cushions need to go....id rather get burnt a few times then painfully watch teams nickle and dime down the field against cushion coverages.

The thing that drives me the most nuts is the constant 3 man rush drop 8 on 3rd down passing downs

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think about this...if OSU wins out this year, and they end up making the playoffs next year...they will have like a 36 or so game winning streak with no titles to show for it

happy-forest.gif

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you using the CAL game to feel good about Oregon's chances?

and no I think CAL put their own season to sleep, but I do find it funny that there are some teams that go dark after they have played the Buckeyes, Northwestern is a good example this year, they were good and then poof.

Buckeyes played CAL early in the year, since then teams have been able to see what they are good and bad at and have taken advantage.

This has nothing to do with Oregon. Sorry, not biting.

And how could Northwestern have gone in the tank after playing tOSU?

Northwestern never was good.

They beat

Cal
Syracuse
Western Michigan
Maine

Those 4 teams are dog shit.

No poof. They were never good. Sorry.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with Oregon. Sorry, not biting.

And how could Northwestern have gone in the tank after playing tOSU?

Northwestern never was good.

They beat

Cal
Syracuse
Western Michigan
Maine

Those 4 teams are dog shit.

No poof. They were never good. Sorry.

then what are you getting at?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Three very good teams in WIsky, MSU, and Ohio State with a few teams having decent seasons and a few more having very disappointing seasons.

yes illinois and purdue are awful but most conferences have a few awful teams

PAC has Colorado and Cal
ACC has Virginia and NC State
SEC has Arkansas and Kentucky
Big 12 has Iowa State and Kansas

Purdue is likely the worst non AAC BCS team, Illini at least beat an 8 win Cincinnati in OOC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8 out of 12 should finish with winning records, and winning records generally puts a team in the top half, or top60ish.

Purdue I have as playing the absolute toughest schedule in the country, not that it matters, they do suck extremely bad.

Illinois is actually improved this year, but still not that great.

The Pac12 has equally bad teams at the bottom in Colorado and Cal. And the Pac12 should have 9 out of 12 teams finish with a winning record, but only 8 is possible.

The ACC will likely only have 8 out of 14 teams finish with winning records.

Big12 - 6 out of 10.

AAC - 5 out of 10.

SEC - 9 out of 14.

So, what puts the SEC and Pac12 above the Big10? They are more top heavy. The SEC has 6 or 7 top25 teams, the Pac12 has 5, the ACC has 3 or 4, and the Big10 has 3.