• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Just A 3rd Round Pick And Fuller

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so thats not a bad trade and extension for him we can draft a QB later and Groom him

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a very good deal for the Redskins I like it Lots of different options they can do in free agency and the draft now

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still expect them to get a QB in either the second or 3rd rounds .

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a very good deal for the Redskins I like it Lots of different options they can do in free agency and the draft now

Fuller was a starter with a rookie salary so that’s a huge loss. We saved a few mill for a 34yr old stop cap till we find his replacement. So I don’t share your optimism I also don’t think it’s a horrible trade.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller was a starter with a rookie salary so that’s a huge loss. We saved a few mill for a 34yr old stop cap till we find his replacement. So I don’t share your optimism I also don’t think it’s a horrible trade.

You don't know what KC will sign for so I think it will be more than a few million dollars. The 3rd round pick is a wash b/c we will get an extra 3rd round pick in 2019. Sure Fuller is a loss but we draft Moreau last year. Alex Smith will gives us the same productivity or more for lesser money than Cousins. What if Cousins signs for over 30m per season. Does it change things?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what KC will sign for so I think it will be more than a few million dollars. The 3rd round pick is a wash b/c we will get an extra 3rd round pick in 2019. Sure Fuller is a loss but we draft Moreau last year. Alex Smith will gives us the same productivity or more for lesser money than Cousins. What if Cousins signs for over 30m per season. Does it change things?

Well, unless there's a bidding war, which I suspect will happen for Kirk, his market price just dropped with the reported Smith deal. Agree or disagree with the notion that they are similar players, give or take a million or two because of his birthdate, that deal set the market for a guy like Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This response does not shock me at all.

But as usual you are taking your assumptions as if they were fact written in stone.

1. We don't know what Cousins will sign for, but more importantly we don't know what his cap number will be where ever he signs. If he signs for $30M on average, but the cap hit comes out to be less than what we are spending on Smith was it still a great trade??

2. You are assuming Maroue can step in and start because he was drafted last year. Because until yesterday all indications were that Fuller was going to start.

3. You are assuming we will get a 3rd round comp pick which some how equates to a wash. But one, that pick doesn't come until next year, and two there is no guarantee it will be a 3rd rounder. What if its a 4th round comp pick, or a 5th. What if Bruce goes and signs 3 big ticket FA's with the cap space we saved and we get no comp pick??

4. Lastly, we just traded for a 34 year old QB because the front office did everything in their power to ensure we wouldn't keep the 30 year old QB we had.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of those options were available already.

All we did was downgrade the position, get older, and give up a pick and one of our best young players to do it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All we did was downgrade the position, get older, and give up a pick and one of our best young players to do it.

But we got rid of the need for Cousins.. that in and of itself makes it a great deal.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree I think Smith is a little better then Cousins the age slightly sucks and we drafted Moreau have more cash to spend and now we don't have to worry about selecting a QB with our 1st round unless someone is there that we just can't pass up

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about Kirk it's about coach ,countryroads and other anti kirkers winning Kirk is gone now shark and skinsdad and Kirk lover have to root against Alex because there egos are big

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about Kirk it's about coach ,countryroads and other anti kirkers winning Kirk is gone now shark and skinsdad and Kirk lover have to root against Alex because there egos are big

See that's the best part of it.. unlike the people who hated Kirk because he took the job.. I hope Smith does well. And for the level of shit we heard on how any one would do better than Cousins, I expect no less than a Division title and a playoffs win.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not far shark you have to find redskins record with kirk and find the avg im taking a guess if alex wins more then 8 games he did better

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i listen to kc sports radio all the time do you now what there spinning to the cheifs fans @Sharkinva there saying cb fuller is a instant pro bowler thats a bunch of shit

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not far shark you have to find redskins record with kirk and find the avg im taking a guess if alex wins more then 8 games he did better

Bull SHIT.... If Smith is a better QB, it better show on the field, this season. I don't want to see particular posters complain about the defense, lack of a running game or anything else. Because Smith is better, so I expect the record to be better. Kirk has won more than 8 games. So if Smith cant get to 10 or better... well you know what I'm saying.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and who gives a shit what the nfl experts say about this trade because there the same people who say every fuking year dallas to the superbowl you,,, you can hate the deal or like the deal bottomline kirk was not ever going to sign here and kirk is not NBT or the ONE ... now i dont think alex is the one but but but if kirk was not going to sign i weather have alex starting then the 4rth best rookie qb we was never going to get the best 2 ... now fuller yes that sucks but in reality we still have norman ,dunbar fabien, holsey could resign breeland or go FA or go draft....what makes me mad the most is Gruden Synder or bruce have said nothing i think gruden is pissed intill i hear something differnt but i dont know

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull SHIT.... If Smith is a better QB, it better show on the field, this season. I don't want to see particular posters complain about the defense, lack of a running game or anything else. Because Smith is better, so I expect the record to be better. Kirk has won more than 8 games. So if Smith cant get to 10 or better... well you know what I'm saying.
no what is kirks avg and this move was not about getting better it was about getting the best qb we can because kirk told us to fuck off

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets say if alex get 7-10 wins a year thats the same as kirk but once again this was not about getting a better qb it was about getting the best qb we can because both parties new kirk was gone

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said do you want alex to start or the 3rd or 4rth best rookie yes this qb class is good but this is a safe move to move foward