• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dan Snyder Evil?

Is Dan Snyder Evil?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's most. Teams like the Steelers and Giants are privately owned but their families primary business is football. The Johnson's bought the Jets as an investment and have tried to hire football people but keep shitting the bed. Kraft certainly hired the best football people he could after taking over (Parcells and then the Hoodie). Johnson in Dallas is an example of putting being involved over consistent winning. I can't think of too many others but I'm sure they're out there.

I'd add Jeffery Lurie and the Seahawks owner, recently decreased Paul Allen. as owners who've done it right.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoever owns the St Louis Cardinals is another I'd put in the "doing it right" category. The new owners of the New York Islanders are moving in the right direction. Picked up a historic GM, a coach that just won a cup and are going to move the team back to Nassau.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really only had 4. Marty ran shit his way for a season. Joe Gibbs the 4 seasoans he came back for and the two buffoons.

Yep. Marty was only w/ the team basically for a cup of coffee (shame about his current health issues). Gibbs might have been the best of the ones under Snyder. However he really is more of a coach & I always believe that the coach & GM should never be the same person (leads to much to a win now philosophy & also makes it tough for a coach to get rid of a guy that he obtained).

Funny how you didn't mention SM. I realize the guy made some mistakes, but perhaps if they gave him a bit more time he might have made things better. Certainly he could not have screwed up more than Allen.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever owns the St Louis Cardinals is another I'd put in the "doing it right" category. The new owners of the New York Islanders are moving in the right direction. Picked up a historic GM, a coach that just won a cup and are going to move the team back to Nassau.

Of course the ultimate to many (including probably many Skins fans) would be the Packers since they really don't have an owner.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the ultimate to many (including probably many Skins fans) would be the Packers since they really don't have an owner.

Good one.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! That's a killer.

Bridgewater staying w/ the Saints might be a blessing in disguise for a team like the Redskins. If they signed him - say shorter term - w/ their luck he has a decent season. They subsequently sign him for tons of money & he either gets hurt or plays poorly for the next few years. Time to stop relying on castoffs for their next long term QB & put some effort into finding the long term answer via the draft.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater staying w/ the Saints might be a blessing in disguise for a team like the Redskins. If they signed him - say shorter term - w/ their luck he has a decent season. They subsequently sign him for tons of money & he either gets hurt or plays poorly for the next few years. Time to stop relying on castoffs for their next long term QB & put some effort into finding the long term answer via the draft.

In that case it might pay to tank for a year and then get one next draft when there are better pickins. Unless they can trade up this year but I have a feeling Jacksonville is going to do that and are picking 6th or 7th and also don't have cap space to go after a Foles or Teddy

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the draft after this one will have more high end QB's. When I made the 1st post I was under the impression Smith wouldn't be back after the injury and that if he retired the cap hit would be alleviated. But, I don't know enough about the NFL's policies on that and it seems like you do. With so few good QB's coming back this year I wonder how many teams may try to trade up since most of the teams with the top 5 picks have QB's. I'm hoping the Jets can trade back and grab a bunch of picks.

Trying to understand the Alex Smith contract, and impact on salary cap

Here is a good article on the Smith situation & the possible outcomes as it relates to the salary cap. It gets a little bit tricky to follow but basically sums it up well. Bottom line - if Smith doesn't play the Redskins are screwed (some here would argue that they are screwed if he plays). They are going to take a huge cap hit over the next few years barring something crazy (like Smith retiring - which would make zero sense for him).

Oh well - the injury thing could not be predicted. Live & learn - all the more reason for them to make it a priority to groom a young, cheap QB for the future. I hope that they are at least considering that option.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to understand the Alex Smith contract, and impact on salary cap

Here is a good article on the Smith situation & the possible outcomes as it relates to the salary cap. It gets a little bit tricky to follow but basically sums it up well. Bottom line - if Smith doesn't play the Redskins are screwed (some here would argue that they are screwed if he plays). They are going to take a huge cap hit over the next few years barring something crazy (like Smith retiring - which would make zero sense for him).

Oh well - the injury thing could not be predicted. Live & learn - all the more reason for them to make it a priority to groom a young, cheap QB for the future. I hope that they are at least considering that option.

Good article if a bit hard to follow in some spots. Basically they're screwed cap wise and the 15th pick looks to be too far back to move up to get one of QB's. Last year the Jets had to trade the 6th pick and 3 2nd rounders to move up to the 3rd pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are screwed for sure

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Marty was only w/ the team basically for a cup of coffee (shame about his current health issues). Gibbs might have been the best of the ones under Snyder. However he really is more of a coach & I always believe that the coach & GM should never be the same person (leads to much to a win now philosophy & also makes it tough for a coach to get rid of a guy that he obtained).

Funny how you didn't mention SM. I realize the guy made some mistakes, but perhaps if they gave him a bit more time he might have made things better. Certainly he could not have screwed up more than Allen.

Basically Snyder's triflin, meddlesome, clueless dumb ass. Paid Marty millions of dollars for a year to pratice coaching the Redskins before he took on his real gig with the Chargers. What's up with Marty's health?

Yeah, I agree. Gibbs 2.0 is the crown jewel of the Snyder era far as on-field success goes. It was also the most destructive in terms of long term damage. And not just because it made multiple picks for a single player, than played that player as ass backwqards as possible, as well as paid them outrageously ridiculous contracts. When Gibbs left like he did, He left the Redskins in the hands of Snyder's idiotic ass. Worse than that and for whatever reason, Snyder got it in his head that he and faithful yesw-man, Vinny the Rat, could be the brains of the Redskins.........and here we are today.

Nope, not many have successfully navigated both HC and GM duties at the same time. The Bills, Walsh and Belichick, are the only ones I can think of. And Walsh didn't have free agency or a cap to deal with.

I didn't mention SM because he never came to mind until I read your post. I has actually forgotten about him, but he certainly deserves mention. 2 years, 2 shitty drafts, 2 shitty FA periods. Scotty Mac, ladies n gentlemen! Scotty Mac!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
72666920.jpg

"I'm not evil!,...I'm not!,...I'm not!,...I'm not!"

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t SM come up with sherf , crowder Ironman ?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically Snyder's triflin, meddlesome, clueless dumb ass. Paid Marty millions of dollars for a year to pratice coaching the Redskins before he took on his real gig with the Chargers. What's up with Marty's health?

Schottenheimer and his family deal with Alzheimer’s disease

He has Alzheimer’s - heard about this via a recent ESPN special. Anyone who has had to deal w/ a relative who has this disease - or similar - knows that it can be devastating especially when it is quite often also accompanied by other health issues. All the best to him & his family.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention SM because he never came to mind until I read your post. I has actually forgotten about him, but he certainly deserves mention. 2 years, 2 shitty drafts, 2 shitty FA periods. Scotty Mac, ladies n gentlemen! Scotty Mac!

Did His Time With the Redskins Tarnish Scot McCloughan's Resume?

You make a fair pt about SM. Take a look at the link & you will see that he basically made bad FA moves & had one pretty bad draft during his time w/ the Redskins. However - he did have a good draft in 2015 (w/ at least one questionable pick) & picked up some decent FAs. He certainly wasn't great during his short tenure w/ the team.

However this demonstrates part of the problem w/ this organization. When it didn't go perfect for SM during his 2 years it was almost as if Allen & Snyder said "See look what happens when we give control to someone else. They screw it up" They subsequently used the alcohol excuse (funny how you have heard none of that about SM since).

IMO they should have either 1. given SM more time (jeez they give Gruden forever in spite of so-so results at best) or 2. immediately have replaced him w/ a true GM who had complete control over personnel moves. I like Williams, but I definitely get a sense that he is a puppet. If they were to give Williams most of the control over personnel moves that would be a good start. Who the F knows with this organization.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder knows he is hated. When was the last time he faced the press or fans? I think hes an evil man.

He continues to profit as the NFL does (The Redskins are basically Greece right now in the EU) and knows hes hated and has created misery for million+ people and still wont do the right thing (sell the team)

There is something evil about putting yourself before millions of other... and having enough self awareness to realize that is exactly what hes doing.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder knows he is hated. When was the last time he faced the press or fans? I think hes an evil man.

He continues to profit as the NFL does (The Redskins are basically Greece right now in the EU) and knows hes hated and has created misery for million+ people and still wont do the right thing (sell the team)

There is something evil about putting yourself before millions of other... and having enough self awareness to realize that is exactly what hes doing.

If this team brings you actual misery, you need to analyze your priorities.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evil? No. Stupid? Asshole? Egotistical? Yes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Misery ? A little extreme isn’t it