• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dan Snyder Evil?

Is Dan Snyder Evil?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incompetence aside is Dan Snyder an evil human being?

I believe he is. To quote Varys from Game of Thrones, “he would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes.”

I don’t know how anyone can sleep with themselves after stripping away a million or so people’s hobby/passion/joy/past time for personal gains.

Do you believe that Snyder the man is an inherently rotten evil person and why or why not?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Substitute Jerry Jones , Marge Scott, George Steinbrenner Al Davis , Mark Cuban etc and the list goes on.

Me I think little Danny is just incompetent in the football aspect not understanding what it really takes to build the team.
JMHO

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not! Dan Snyder is not an evil person. However, he is trying to survive in waters that are far too deep for a guy that wants to swim in a pool of billionaire sharks when he's not more than a guppy, also known as a millionfish.

Think about that for a moment, here's a guy who essentially purchased a team on the basis of being a childhood fan of the same. While there's nothing wrong with being a fan of the team that you eventually own, ownership, requires an acumen, particularly, a business acumen that leads to growth, successful growth in that enterprise. In Snyder's time as owner of this franchise, what methods and more important, personnel has he surrounded himself with in order to become shark like and competitive in NFL waters? Cerrato and Allen? Really? These are the two men that he cut his NFL teeth relying upon, and as such, he's still not much better than when he began 20 years ago.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not! Dan Snyder is not an evil person. However, he is trying to survive in waters that are far too deep for a guy that wants to swim in a pool of billionaire sharks when he's not more than a guppy, also known as a millionfish.

Think about that for a moment, here's a guy who essentially purchased a team on the basis of being a childhood fan of the same. While there's nothing wrong with being a fan of the team that you eventually own, ownership, requires an acumen, particularly, a business acumen that leads to growth, successful growth in that enterprise. In Snyder's time as owner of this franchise, what methods and more important, personnel has he surrounded himself with in order to become shark like and competitive in NFL waters? Cerrato and Allen? Really? These are the two men that he cut his NFL teeth relying upon, and as such, he's still not much better than when he began 20 years ago.

In terms of putting out a quality and competitive product. Snyder may be a guppy in a pool of sharks. In terms of making money. He's quite shark-like. Maybe not great white, that's all Jerrah, but certainly a bull, mako or tiger.

Sports Money: 2018 NFL Valuations

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of putting out a quality and competitive product. Snyder may be a guppy in a pool of sharks. In terms of making money. He's quite shark-like. Maybe not great white, that's all Jerrah, but certainly a bull, mako or tiger.

Sports Money: 2018 NFL Valuations

I truly get your point, but let me ask if it's possible to make money incidentally because of membership in a larger group and through no efforts on your own. Also what does maximizing profit look like relative to what Snyder is doing?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly get your point, but let me ask if it's possible to make money incidentally because of membership in a larger group and through no efforts on your own. Also what does maximizing profit look like relative to what Snyder is doing?

Of course it is & tons of folks (including many NFL owners) do it by having the talent of being born into the right family. Georgia Frontierre likely made tons of money by arranging for the murder of her husband. Donald Sterling sold his team for $2B basically by being an over-the-top racist.

No doubt Snyder has certain business skills & after all he is basically self made in terms of acquiring his wealth. However this certainly has not carried over into football in terms of winning & even in terms of $$ it is slowed down somewhat by dwindling popularity for his struggling franchise. However at worst he could always sell the team for a fortune so life will always be good.

I would say no Snyder is not evil. However his ego is a huge problem & no doubt constantly interferes with his ability to defer football decisions to the folks who know that part of the business.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets's check the list

Older
White
Rich

Yep, he's evil

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, he is trying to survive in waters that are far too deep for a guy that wants to swim in a pool of billionaire sharks

Was that a short joke on the sly?? :pound::pound::pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always the exceptions that prove the rule.

True.. but I dont think Snyder is evil actually. Are there some evil folks that fit your profile?? Sure..

Snyder isnt evil, he is just an asshole from what i have heard, and semi clueless about football operations.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most definitely far as a single member benefitting from being a part of the whole. But I've also read Snyder was the first NFL owner to charge fans attending training camp and such for parking. And I'm not trying to defend Snyder. Fuck him in his neck with a spork. I didn't realize he was as old as he was. Not that 53 is old, but I thought I was a decade older than him. I only got his triflin ass by 3 years.

Report: NFL Owner Working with Congress To Slip Stadium Provision into Spending Bill

Well that ^^^^^^^ was interesting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely far as a single member benefitting from being a part of the whole. But I've also read Snyder was the first NFL owner to charge fans attending training camp and such for parking. And I'm not trying to defend Snyder. Fuck him in his neck with a spork. I didn't realize he was as old as he was. Not that 53 is old, but I thought I was a decade older than him. I only got his triflin ass by 3 years.

Report: NFL Owner Working with Congress To Slip Stadium Provision into Spending Bill

Well that ^^^^^^^ was interesting.

That was indeed an interesting read, one that we can discuss more when/if the "Politics Thread" reopens! Thank you.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.. but I dont think Snyder is evil actually. Are there some evil folks that fit your profile?? Sure..

Snyder isnt evil, he is just an asshole from what i have heard, and semi clueless about football operations.

I was just making a joke. IN Snyder's case he's a very rich man and his team is his "toy" to do with what he pleases. That tends to piss people off unless there is steady winning.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just making a joke. IN Snyder's case he's a very rich man and his team is his "toy" to do with what he pleases. That tends to piss people off unless there is steady winning.

I think that most NFL & pro sports owners use their franchises as a toy or something that helps them in their private life. Kraft certainly uses this to his advantage in his private life. Jerry Buss used to do the same w/ the Lakers as did Jack Kent Cooke w/ the Redskins.

The difference with those guys is/was that they know enough to defer the actual football decisions to guys who do that for a living. Snyder apparently either makes many of these decisions on his own or hires puppets who basically act on his behalf. This definitely appears to have an effect on their lack of success on the field.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To expand on my statement - Kraft & the Pats obviously have some of the best personnel folks around as witnessed by their success (it takes more than just Brady). Buss had Jerry West - possibly the best GM ever in any sport. Cooke had Bobby Beathard - a HOFer. Who in the hell has Snyder had as GMs during his 20 year reign? The two most notable ones have been Cerrato & Allen - two buffoons.

When they had a potential decent GM in SM they kicked him to the curb & labelled him as a drunk.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that most NFL & pro sports owners use their franchises as a toy or something that helps them in their private life. Kraft certainly uses this to his advantage in his private life. Jerry Buss used to do the same w/ the Lakers as did Jack Kent Cooke w/ the Redskins.

The difference with those guys is/was that they know enough to defer the actual football decisions to guys who do that for a living. Snyder apparently either makes many of these decisions on his own or hires puppets who basically act on his behalf. This definitely appears to have an effect on their lack of success on the field.

I don't think it's most. Teams like the Steelers and Giants are privately owned but their families primary business is football. The Johnson's bought the Jets as an investment and have tried to hire football people but keep shitting the bed. Kraft certainly hired the best football people he could after taking over (Parcells and then the Hoodie). Johnson in Dallas is an example of putting being involved over consistent winning. I can't think of too many others but I'm sure they're out there.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know. You and i have conversed before.

But the guys around the Skins board dont really know of you, so I was trying to head off a potential hissy fit. :suds:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. You and i have conversed before.

But the guys around the Skins board dont really know of you, so I was trying to head off a potential hissy fit. :suds:

I see. Now that I look at it, other than you, @Breed is the only other person here I "speak" to on other threads.

But since I have the Skins fans here. What do you guys think they do at QB next year? Do they look for something in the draft or maybe go after a Foles or Bridgewater?