• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dan Snyder Evil?

Is Dan Snyder Evil?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. Now that I look at it, other than you, @Breed is the only other person here I "speak" to on other threads.

But since I have the Skins fans here. What do you guys think they do at QB next year? Do they look for something in the draft or maybe go after a Foles or Bridgewater?

I think they are going to hope Smith can recover, and not even think of using a high draft pick unless someone slides. Dont really have the cap space this year to play in the FA market for a starter. And trading up would piss off a portion of the fan base and they know it.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going to hope Smith can recover, and not even think of using a high draft pick unless someone slides. Dont really have the cap space this year to play in the FA market for a starter. And trading up would piss off a portion of the fan base and they know it.

From what I read it doesn't look good for Smith which sucks. Hopefully he comes back.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. Now that I look at it, other than you, @Breed is the only other person here I "speak" to on other threads.

But since I have the Skins fans here. What do you guys think they do at QB next year? Do they look for something in the draft or maybe go after a Foles or Bridgewater?

All things considered, the smart move at this point would be an attempt to retool the position. There's too much uncertainty surrounding Smith with the most favorable outlook being one in which he attempts a return sometime mid 2019 season. So they would be smart to go with Bridgewater who can be gotten for a lot less than what I believe Foles will command and draft their QB of the future in this upcoming draft or next.

Smart moves aside (they're not noted for that) what they will ultimately do is go with Colt (Brittle) McCoy or Josh Johnson/Mark Sanchez until Smith returns. This will happen because Bruce Allen will insist as he did with Cousins, that Smith will be the QB here, ability to walk and medical prognosis be damned.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's most. Teams like the Steelers and Giants are privately owned but their families primary business is football. The Johnson's bought the Jets as an investment and have tried to hire football people but keep shitting the bed. Kraft certainly hired the best football people he could after taking over (Parcells and then the Hoodie). Johnson in Dallas is an example of putting being involved over consistent winning. I can't think of too many others but I'm sure they're out there.

Perhaps not most, but quite a few owners in all sports use their franchise & attachment to it to benefit their private life and reputation amongst their friends. It certainly beats the heck out of bragging about owning some boring company. You constantly see high level celebrities in the suites for various owners & the ones in the rt situation also use it to snag ladies (nothing wrong w/ that). Buss and Cooke were infamous for this & were dating women less than half their age (being rich certainly didn't hurt).

Again - milking ownership for private gain or taking advantage of it some way is fine IMO, but you need to also not make football decisions if you are not an expert on that subject (as most owners are not).

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, the smart move at this point would be an attempt to retool the position. There's too much uncertainty surrounding Smith with the most favorable outlook being one in which he attempts a return sometime mid 2019 season. So they would be smart to go with Bridgewater who can be gotten for a lot less than what I believe Foles will command and draft their QB of the future in this upcoming draft or next.

Smart moves aside (they're not noted for that) what they will ultimately do is go with Colt (Brittle) McCoy or Josh Johnson/Mark Sanchez until Smith returns because Bruce Allen will insist as he did with Cousins that Smith will be the QB here, ability to walk and medical prognosis be damned.

I know all about not making smart moves, I'm a Jet fan. I wonder what Bridgewater will end up getting? There aren't many high end QB's coming out this year and he's a full season of practices removed from the injury.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps not most, but quite a few owners in all sports use their franchise & attachment to it to benefit their private life and reputation amongst their friends. It certainly beats the heck out of bragging about owning some boring company. You constantly see high level celebrities in the suites for various owners & the ones in the rt situation also use it to snag ladies (nothing wrong w/ that). Buss and Cooke were infamous for this & were dating women less than half their age (being rich certainly didn't hurt).

Again - milking ownership for private gain or taking advantage of it some way is fine IMO, but you need to also not make football decisions if you are not an expert on that subject (as most owners are not).

Couldn't agree more. I get to watch James Dolan own the Knicks and Rangers. Luckily he never thought he knew much about hockey and stays out of it but he thinks he knows basketball and that's been a disaster.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles - hell no. They can't afford the contract especially since Smith will likely be on the books one way or another. Even if there was not the Smith cap hit they need to pass on guys like that. Bridgewater? Maybe if both are agreeable & the price is cheap (doubt all those happen).

IMO - the biggest priority should be to draft a QB you believe might lead this team - whether in this draft of the next. It doesn't have to be in the 1st few picks but should be someone you believe has a legit shot. Take your time w/ the guy. Don't worry too much about next season since in all likelihood they still have a ways to go so they need to look a few years ahead to be a true contender.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. I get to watch James Dolan own the Knicks and Rangers. Luckily he never thought he knew much about hockey and stays out of it but he thinks he knows basketball and that's been a disaster.

IMO Leonsis is a very good owner for the Caps & Wizards. He has basically stayed out of the everyday operations of both teams. For the Caps obviously it ultimately paid off. For the Wizards his strong loyalty has really hurt them. He has kept Ernie Grunfeld as the GM for 15 years, and Grunfeld is terrible. Oh well.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles - hell no. They can't afford the contract especially since Smith will likely be on the books one way or another. Even if there was not the Smith cap hit they need to pass on guys like that. Bridgewater? Maybe if both are agreeable & the price is cheap (doubt all those happen).

IMO - the biggest priority should be to draft a QB you believe might lead this team - whether in this draft of the next. It doesn't have to be in the 1st few picks but should be someone you believe has a legit shot. Take your time w/ the guy. Don't worry too much about next season since in all likelihood they still have a ways to go so they need to look a few years ahead to be a true contender.

It looks like the draft after this one will have more high end QB's. When I made the 1st post I was under the impression Smith wouldn't be back after the injury and that if he retired the cap hit would be alleviated. But, I don't know enough about the NFL's policies on that and it seems like you do. With so few good QB's coming back this year I wonder how many teams may try to trade up since most of the teams with the top 5 picks have QB's. I'm hoping the Jets can trade back and grab a bunch of picks.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Leonsis is a very good owner for the Caps & Wizards. He has basically stayed out of the everyday operations of both teams. For the Caps obviously it ultimately paid off. For the Wizards his strong loyalty has really hurt them. He has kept Ernie Grunfeld as the GM for 15 years, and Grunfeld is terrible. Oh well.

I am unfortunately quite familiar with Mr Grunfeld and his "work".

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets's check the list

Older
White
Rich

Yep, he's evil

Heh. Older eh. He's 2 years younger than me. And the list isn't complete. No doubt some many would cite this as their #1 reason why Snyder is evil. He's Jewish.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Older eh. He's 2 years younger than me. And the list isn't complete. No doubt some many would cite this as their #1 reason why Snyder is evil. He's Jewish.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that.....it's worse than I thought

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two most notable ones have been Cerrato & Allen - two buffoons.

He's really only had 4. Marty ran shit his way for a season. Joe Gibbs the 4 seasoans he came back for and the two buffoons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all about not making smart moves, I'm a Jet fan. I wonder what Bridgewater will end up getting? There aren't many high end QB's coming out this year and he's a full season of practices removed from the injury.

Agreed! Actually as you know Bridgewater was signed for relatively little with your team and restructured that once he moved on to New Orleans. To be honest, I believe that the Saints are going to make every attempt to keep him there in preparation for the post Brees era.

In a market starving for QB's, maybe there's a bidding war for his services brewing that I just can't see happening. My best guess is somewhere between 12 to 15 million per (24 to 30 over two years with other incentives/bonuses) but not much more than that on a team that will clearly be looking towards having a different QB in the near future.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Actually as you know Bridgewater was signed for relatively little with your team and restructured that once he moved on to New Orleans. To be honest, I believe that the Saints are going to make every attempt to keep him there in preparation for the post Brees era.

In a market starving for QB's, maybe there's a bidding war for his services brewing that I just can't see happening. My best guess is somewhere between 12 to 15 million per (24 to 30 over two years with other incentives/bonuses) but not much more than that on a team that will clearly be looking towards having a different QB in the near future.

I didn't know he restructured. Smart move on New Orleans part. And as bad as the Jets GM has been drafting (HIs 2nd and 3rd rounders have been godawful) picking up Teddy on the cheap and flipping him for a 3rd rounder was a good move

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the draft after this one will have more high end QB's. When I made the 1st post I was under the impression Smith wouldn't be back after the injury and that if he retired the cap hit would be alleviated. But, I don't know enough about the NFL's policies on that and it seems like you do. With so few good QB's coming back this year I wonder how many teams may try to trade up since most of the teams with the top 5 picks have QB's. I'm hoping the Jets can trade back and grab a bunch of picks.

Point of clarity, if Smith retires, :pound::pound::pound::pound:, ( he won't) the cap hit is 40 million.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is a godsend to redskin haters everywhere... we love him!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he restructured. Smart move on New Orleans part. And as bad as the Jets GM has been drafting (HIs 2nd and 3rd rounders have been godawful) picking up Teddy on the cheap and flipping him for a 3rd rounder was a good move

New Orleans Saints rework Teddy Bridgewater’s contract
Saints Wire2018/09/07/saints-rework-teddy...
Sep 07, 2018 · Per ESPN’s Field Yates, Bridgewater agreed to convert part of his 2018 base salary to a signing bonus while adding two voidable years: Source: the Saints created $2.71M in 2018 cap space by converting just over $4M of QB Teddy Bridgewater's base salary into a signing bonus and adding two voidable years to his deal.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is a godsend to redskin haters everywhere... we love him!

Gawd, for as much as I want to disagree with this, I...just...can't, Doh!! checkmate in one move.