• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Bill Belichick

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly know one fucking thing about football?

Every great coach rode the coat tail of a great QB.

Shula = Unitas and Marino
Belichick = Brady
Walsh = Montana
Landry = Starbach
Reid = Mahomes

Every single one of them had a great QB.

Name one that didn't after the forward pass was legalized.

Name one that didn't and is the HOF. Name one on the 12 teams that haven't won a Super Bowl that's in the HOF.
Harbaugh in Baltimore.

Trent Dilfer.

Go back farther and you can find more....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh in Baltimore.

Trent Dilfer.

Wasn't Dilfer under Billick?......though will say IMO Billick was highly overrated.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know Terry Bradshaw retired the year I was born and I'm 40. So I'm speaking a bit out of ignorance. But his numbers don't strike me as a guy that carried his teams. Even for the time.

I think one of the guys that Bradshaw beat in the Super Bowl, Fran Tarkenton, had far better numbers. Although I'm sure Fran would trade all of his stats for one of Terry's titles.

Point is, I think Chuck Noll is underrated as a coach that assembled a great defense and great weapons around him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know Terry Bradshaw retired the year I was born and I'm 40. So I'm speaking a bit out of ignorance. But his numbers don't strike me as a guy that carried his teams. Even for the time.

I think one of the guys that Bradshaw beat in the Super Bowl, Fran Tarkenton, had far better numbers. Although I'm sure Fran would trade all of his stats for one of Terry's titles.

Point is, I think Chuck Noll is underrated as a coach that assembled a great defense and great weapons around him.
Bradshaw was a pretty good QB.

Different era with different rules.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was and had arguably a defense on par with the mid 80's Bears.
Exactly,......he owes much of their success to Marvin Lewis. Billick was hired for his offense and often his O was in the way, at best.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noll deserves a ton of credit as the coach. He may have been most responsible for putting the team together but not sure.......did help there was no cap nor FA and once he had a guy he did not risk losing him.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noll deserves a ton of credit as the coach. He may have been most responsible for putting the team together but not sure.......did help there was no cap nor FA and once he had a guy he did not risk losing him.
Yep, the precap days and the post cap days were very different in terms of keeping a team together.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that Brady made Bill, but it was Bill who put Brady on the field in the first place.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh in Baltimore.

Trent Dilfer.

Ya but that's not normal. The Trent Dilfer defense was fucking amazing.