• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to look that way.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so....he's just a punk who thoroughly deserves multiple nights like last night until he learns better.

Having said that, there are bigger issues in Cleveland....starting with that HC.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very immature, and I doubt he's gonna ever really improve. He'll dance around a do the throat slash deal when things are going good, and he cries like Nancy Kerrigan when things go bad. The whole world saw both of them in his final college game. You're never gonna improve with an attitude like that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say yes because I graded it extremely poorly and said he'd bust going to the Browns because of his terrible ability to read and throw accurate passes downfield.

So yes, IMO bust. I'll stand by what I said a year ago. So far, I'm 100% spot on, same as RG3 (funny I'm not being called a racist this time). I did NOT like Mayday's mechanics, his leadership/maturity, and accuracy. IMO he had a little bit of an X factor, but not in the same league as the X factor of Wilson for example.

In all seriousness, you can hardly assess this now. But ANYONE on this forum let alone any NFL 'fan/pretend fan' saying Mayfield was going to save the Browns after ONE year, is out of their f'ing mind. I even said, "Let's wait until year 2 is over before we crown Mahomes the new Brady/Manning/Brees."

And before anyone calls me a homer, or blasts me... I thought Wilson would 100% bust. I've said numerous times on this forum that I did NOT LIKE the Wilson pick, and was 100% wrong. So there ya go. I did love the Wagner pick though, and Kiper lost ALL cred with me when he said Seattle lost out on their guy and reached for Wagner because the Eagles snagged Kendricks (who Seattle now has under contract as well lol).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no right now, but this season will tell a lot. I want to see how he reacts to adversity.

One thing is for sure: the media crowned his ass as a star way too early. He hasn't done shit in the NFL. The Browns in general got crowned before doing jack.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bust? Hard to say at this point but he sure looked statuesque/porcelain in that game last night.

th.jpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say yes because I graded it extremely poorly and said he'd bust going to the Browns because of his terrible ability to read and throw accurate passes downfield.

So yes, IMO bust. I'll stand by what I said a year ago. So far, I'm 100% spot on, same as RG3 (funny I'm not being called a racist this time). I did NOT like Mayday's mechanics, his leadership/maturity, and accuracy. IMO he had a little bit of an X factor, but not in the same league as the X factor of Wilson for example.

In all seriousness, you can hardly assess this now. But ANYONE on this forum let alone any NFL 'fan/pretend fan' saying Mayfield was going to save the Browns after ONE year, is out of their f'ing mind. I even said, "Let's wait until year 2 is over before we crown Mahomes the new Brady/Manning/Brees."

And before anyone calls me a homer, or blasts me... I thought Wilson would 100% bust. I've said numerous times on this forum that I did NOT LIKE the Wilson pick, and was 100% wrong. So there ya go. I did love the Wagner pick though, and Kiper lost ALL cred with me when he said Seattle lost out on their guy and reached for Wagner because the Eagles snagged Kendricks (who Seattle now has under contract as well lol).

so Kiper lost all credibility when he was wrong that one time? Hahahaha nobody is perfect.

The fact is way too early to tell if someone is a bust a year in and that is just a fact. everyone overreacts. I’m not surprised. Not saying Mayfield will be an AP for years to come but lets give him some time to work on his weaknesses. Mayfield is not a one read guy but he needs to work on staring down his targets

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give him more time before declaring this since he's flashed potential. But teams have started figuring his weaknesses out and if he can't evolve he'll be heading that way.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very immature, and I doubt he's gonna ever really improve. He'll dance around a do the throat slash deal when things are going good, and he cries like Nancy Kerrigan when things go bad. The whole world saw both of them in his final college game. You're never gonna improve with an attitude like that.
He’s under siege every play. They invested all that money in free agency and have a horrid line.

I really don’t think it’s teams figuring him out so much as the horrible line.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to damn early. What how much tome he has to drop back and find receivers. What Freddie the playcaller having a much worse year then he did last year.

And year 2 QBs almost always struggle

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Bosa was getting to him In 3 seconds. Let’s see Tom or Elway make throws with that much time

3 seconds? NFL QBs should be able to get rid of the ball by then.