• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people seem to want to give Greg Williams the HC job off his interim work...5-3 was good, but I think ATL won 4 games, CAR, sweeping CIN and DEN...none were playoff caliber teams.

Kitchens was a risk imo, but I think they wanted to keep some continuity from '18, and build off that....it may still work, but Williams didn't have a track record as a HC that anyone could feel good about....he's a DC and that's all he is imo.
I'm sure that was it......I was OK keeping Kitchens, but also said I don't want them to pass up better HCs simply because they would not keep Kitchens as the OC. And I think the Browns did that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, Mayfield hasn't been good so these are far from excuses, just observations. The point is the Browns have a lot of issues and struggles, they have a long way to go before becoming a very good/complete team.

I think we all understand that. We also understand good QB play over bad QB play will make more of a difference than most anything else. Derek Anderson had that one magical season and the Browns made the playoffs. When he reverted to form so did the Browns.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all understand that. We also understand good QB play over bad QB play will make more of a difference than most anything else. Derek Anderson had that one magical season and the Browns made the playoffs. When he reverted to form so did the Browns.

Comparing a #1 pick that had one of the best rookie years ever to a decent veteran starter isn't exactly a good comparison LOL

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Kitchens before the season started

maxresdefault.jpg

Freddie Kitchens 5 games into the season:

bob-wiley-cleveland-browns.jpg

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a number of people here who wont blame Dorsey for anything but I agree with you. while he's maybe done some good things also possible he's made some mistakes...and, yes, Freddie might be one of them (but too early to know).

Another huge gaffe seems to be not only drafting Corbett, but doubling down and thinking he could start this year as opposed to finding someone better in FA.

He's made several trades for linemen (granted late in preseason) but it's clear they need a major upgrade at tackle. If they'd been able to handle Donald they are likely 3-2.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I saw them, but no issue with tears from players who are pissed when they lose.
I don’t have an issue with that either, but if you’re gonna cry after the game, probably best to not be giving the throat slash signal and dancing like a jackass earlier in the same game when your team is up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made several trades for linemen (granted late in preseason) but it's clear they need a major upgrade at tackle. If they'd been able to handle Donald they are likely 3-2.
Yeah...a bunch of minor deals for lineman, but none are able to play for a struggling line. Not a good sign. Cannot really blame him for keeping Robinson on a 1 year deal as line was exceptional 2nd half of last season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have an issue with that either, but if you’re gonna cry after the game, probably best to not be giving the throat slash signal and dancing like a jackass earlier in the same game when your team is up.
I've seen players dance after one good play with their team down by 2 TDs. Is what it is.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...a bunch of minor deals for lineman, but none are able to play for a struggling line. Not a good sign. Cannot really blame him for keeping Robinson on a 1 year deal as line was exceptional 2nd half of last season.

I have no issue with keeping Robinson but it is pretty clear we have a problem.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say yes because I graded it extremely poorly and said he'd bust going to the Browns because of his terrible ability to read and throw accurate passes downfield.

So yes, IMO bust. I'll stand by what I said a year ago. So far, I'm 100% spot on, same as RG3 (funny I'm not being called a racist this time). I did NOT like Mayday's mechanics, his leadership/maturity, and accuracy. IMO he had a little bit of an X factor, but not in the same league as the X factor of Wilson for example.

In all seriousness, you can hardly assess this now. But ANYONE on this forum let alone any NFL 'fan/pretend fan' saying Mayfield was going to save the Browns after ONE year, is out of their f'ing mind. I even said, "Let's wait until year 2 is over before we crown Mahomes the new Brady/Manning/Brees."

And before anyone calls me a homer, or blasts me... I thought Wilson would 100% bust. I've said numerous times on this forum that I did NOT LIKE the Wilson pick, and was 100% wrong. So there ya go. I did love the Wagner pick though, and Kiper lost ALL cred with me when he said Seattle lost out on their guy and reached for Wagner because the Eagles snagged Kendricks (who Seattle now has under contract as well lol).

Racist Homer.!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God he didn’t have to impress you.

He only had the highest QBR at the time, ever recorded. Won the Heisman. Apparently he impressed more important people.

Right. He impressed the Browns staff/owners to draft him #1 overall.... what a legend. :rolleyes2: