• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool that's your take as a 49ers fan for one game ...but again it's just odd the level some are taking this and then wonder why dude has a chip

That chip got him where he is....he could've just folded when he was a walk on and accepted his role. He didn't do that. Is he over the top? Yep. The Browns desperately needed an identity and he's giving them that. I'm not worried about his stats from this last game he was making way more good throws than he wasn't. It will come for him.
I'm just not buying this narrative anymore. Guy won a Heisman and was the #1 pick in the draft. Tough to play the disrespect card.

In college? I get it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly man.... I have nothing but respect for browns fans. Ever since I saw this video... Browns fans are the real deal... And no one deserves a turn around more than you guys do.

Much appreciated

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just find it odd the amount of enjoyment people are getting out of this. I don't find myself rooting for people to fail. I tend to take enjoyment out of top teams losing don't get me wrong but I can't recall a mediocre team getting more hate than this year's Browns.

you’ve never paid attention to the redskins team then

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you’ve never paid attention to the redskins team then

Hate?

So you find on message boards there are half a dozen threads dedicated to the Redskins struggling?

Where's the threads currently

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate?

So you find on message boards there are half a dozen threads dedicated to the Redskins struggling?

well, they’re kind of irrelevant this season. Exactly as everyone likes

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate?

I wasn’t just talking about the hoop either, it’s usually the corrupt sports media too

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they’re kind of irrelevant this season. Exactly as everyone likes

It matters not to me personally

Obviously your rivals want to see you down...my point in my statement is the Browns have been largely trash for two decades... They get a little buzz and now we have people openly rooting against them

Just saying it's curious

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters not to me personally

Obviously your rivals want to see you down...my point in my statement is the Browns have been largely trash for two decades... They get a little buzz and now we have people openly rooting against them

Just saying it's curious

gotcha :thumb:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it does matter a lot, it means they competited for 3 quarters. There is a difference between getting blown out and dominated all game long than being in a game and then just making mistake after mistake.

I'm sure there have been recent Browns losses where you could cope much more efficiently than trying to justify a 30 point loss AT HOME because they only sucked super hard starting at the end of the 3rd quarter. Ic the Eagles had suddenly came back and lit the Vikings up to win the game by 30+ points in the 4th quarter last weekend, you wouldn't find me on here coping about how the Vikings put up a great fight for 3 quarters and just had a lot of bad luck at the end.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those commercials were shot in the off-season. In fact, after last season, when the media had a hard-on for Baker and his excellent finish to last season.

So now he’s struggling, and everyone wants to anoint him a bust after 6 games.

He’s played like shit, that’s incredibly obvious. There have been plenty of quarterbacks struggle in their first few seasons and managed to turn it around.

Hell.....Peyton Manning threw 43 interceptions in his first two seasons.

81 in his first four seasons.

It doesn't matter when they were shot...they're airing now....just a bad look when he's struggling, but not everyone wants anoint him a bust....yet.

The worst thing that could happen here is Baker gets caught in a whirlwind of OCs and HCs...Kitchens was an iffy hire...if they do end up making a change, they need to look for some stability at that point.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter when they were shot...they're airing now....just a bad look when he's struggling, but not everyone wants anoint him a bust....yet.

The worst thing that could happen here is Baker gets caught in a whirlwind of OCs and HCs...Kitchens was an iffy hire...if they do end up making a change, they need to look for some stability at that point.

So you expect a company that invested millions into a commercial to just not air it?

Lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you expect a company that invested millions into a commercial to just not air it?

Lol

LOL

I don't have any expectations...just stating what it looks like now that they are running.

That said, there are risks you take with endorsers...I'm sure there are a lot of commercials pulled when Tiger Woods went off the rails....shit happens.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I don't have any expectations...just stating what it looks like now that they are running.

That said, there are risks you take with endorsers...I'm sure there are a lot of commercials pulled when Tiger Woods went off the rails....shit happens.

Well yes on Tiger and Antonio Brown but Baker doesn't have a negative public image it's just a matter of play

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I am getting sick of the commercials but Tiger is a completely different situation. Anyway, I don't think they are suddenly going to pull commercials bc a young team with a young QB #1 pick is struggling. There are plenty of other commercials that had athletes where their team lost basically their entire career let alone 6 games.

I think once they tune down the Browns in their headlines that will only help the Browns though, sick of all this national publicity for no reason. Also, I hope they make a decision on Kitchens quick, I don't want this thing to lboil over and last a couple years. Figure out if he is the guy now, after one year. Right now, he isn't doing the right things or saying the right things. I thought in the offseason he did an okay job of tuning down the noise but now he is honestly just looking like a stupid gump like he is with the shit he is saying.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes on Tiger and Antonio Brown but Baker doesn't have a negative public image it's just a matter of play

There are some people that feel some kind of way about Mayfield, but agreed, his current level of play is the only reason his commercials stick out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting sick of the commercials but Tiger is a completely different situation. Anyway, I don't think they are suddenly going to pull commercials bc a young team with a young QB #1 pick is struggling. There are plenty of other commercials that had athletes where their team lost basically their entire career let alone 6 games.

I think once they tune down the Browns in their headlines that will only help the Browns though, sick of all this national publicity for no reason. Also, I hope they make a decision on Kitchens quick, I don't want this thing to lboil over and last a couple years. Figure out if he is the guy now, after one year. Right now, he isn't doing the right things or saying the right things. I thought in the offseason he did an okay job of tuning down the noise but now he is honestly just looking like a stupid gump like he is with the shit he is saying.

I actually think the commercials are cool....the Tiger comment was simply to note that endorsers can be and are pulled. I'm not comparing Mayfield's little slump here to Tiger's indiscretions, nor do I think the commercials need to be pulled.

Kitchens...it was a bigger stage than he's been on for sure with CLE being in multiple national TV games, more expectations. Tough call...if they go 9-7 or better obviously he should stay...but he delivers something less than that...do they make another change? Ideally you want the final 3 yrs of Mayfield's rookie deal to be with the same OC and HC. FWIW...I don't think Kitchens will be the HC for Baker's second contract, probably not even finishing his rookie contract.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the commercials are cool....the Tiger comment was simply to note that endorsers can be and are pulled. I'm not comparing Mayfield's little slump here to Tiger's indiscretions, nor do I think the commercials need to be pulled.

Kitchens...it was a bigger stage than he's been on for sure with CLE being in multiple national TV games, more expectations. Tough call...if they go 9-7 or better obviously he should stay...but he delivers something less than that...do they make another change? Ideally you want the final 3 yrs of Mayfield's rookie deal to be with the same OC and HC. FWIW...I don't think Kitchens will be the HC for Baker's second contract, probably not even finishing his rookie contract.

Nine W's was hope before the season started. But if Freddy has a 3rd brain-fart calling plays the Browns need to find someone else to be the play caller next season.

A draw play of 4th & 9 in one game (strike one). And as the 1st half was ending last Sunday he calls a pass play instead of a run. Mayfield threw a pick on that drive & the Seahawks put points on the board before HT (strike two).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine W's was hope before the season started. But if Freddy has a 3rd brain-fart calling plays the Browns need to find someone else to be the play caller next season.

A draw play of 4th & 9 in one game (strike one). And as the 1st half was ending last Sunday he calls a pass play instead of a run. Mayfield threw a pick on that drive & the Seahawks put points on the board before HT (strike two).

SEA...I saw that game....the play you're referring to was just inside 2 mins...great play by the 2nd defender to catch it off the tip. I think it was 2nd and 8 on about the 10 yd line.

Ehhh...idk if the playcall itself was bad...obviously if they score, Browns go up 27-12. The worst result that could happen, did happen with the pick, taking the TD or potential 3 off the board with it. I guess running it twice and kicking a FG would leave maybe 20-30 secs if that much assuming SEA didn't call TO.

Pass hit him in the hands...just got a bad result more than a bad playcall on that one.